The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

Oh shove that "false equivalence" bullshit up your ass. When a black guy spits on me because he assumed I was picking on him just for asking him to wear gloves as per company safety standards, I'm calling him racist.
LOL.
So, after you run and tell the boss on him, black guy spits on you and gets fired. You continue crying a river and calling him racist. What a man! What a really, really big man!

You are the one deferring to the racist black, IM2, who's position is that blacks cannot be racist.

In response to that, his example is a valid counterpoint.

Your responding with ridicule, is just you being a jerk. And losing the debate.

Blacks can be racist. YOU KNOW THAT. That is his point.

But you are also racist. Against whites.

You are attacking him, for saying something you agree with, ie that blacks can be racist.

Because you don't believe that whites have the moral right to speak out on this issues, especially against blacks.

That is considering blacks superior to whites. Based on race.

You are a racist.

All you have to do to "fight racism" and "make the world a better place".

is stop doing that.

Oh shove that "false equivalence" bullshit up your ass. When a black guy spits on me because he assumed I was picking on him just for asking him to wear gloves as per company safety standards, I'm calling him racist.
LOL.
So, after you run and tell the boss on him, black guy spits on you and gets fired.

Incredible. I specifically said I asked the supervisor to mediate a discussion between us. That's it.

Is your reading comprehension really that bad or are you just so invested in trying to make me look foolish at this point that you can't come up with anything intelligent?

You continue crying a river and calling him racist. What a man! What a really, really big man!

Questioning my manhood? Really? How much of your dignity did you have to sell to come up with that one?

It's like non stop... The Blubbering... Wonnerful!, Wonnerful!... Turn off the Blubber Machine!!!

Just guessing at your vague intent with your off topic question. And you seem like the type.

My point stands. The Dukes of Hazzard was one of the highest rated shows of the time. If you managed to not have ANY fans in your circle of friends, that sounds like you are the one being really narrow minded.

What "off topic" question did I ask that was "vague"?

I tend to say what I think without hesitation, and have no need in a forum like this to even consider not being direct.

No one in my immediate circle of friends found the Dukes of Hazard to be humorous in the least.

I don't really understand why you would assume that my circle was any less diverse than yours because of that.

1. Because it was a huge hit, and you managed to select a circle of friends that contained none of the millions of fans.

2. Your intent as to bringing up education levels was vague. So I guessed. Still don't know why you brought it up.

I did not "select" any circle of friends. I have the same circle of friends for the most part that I had growing up.

Obviously at my age, a few have died.

I brought up education only because there happen to be some very bright people that I are friends from all races, and truthfully none of them, back them saw the humor in that show.

Probably because none of them were raised in or lived in the geographical region that waved the Confederate flag.

I was in a Rust Belt high school at the time of the show. It was wildly popular among my age group. The boys loved the fast cars and Daisy Duke,and the girls loved the Duke Boys, and dressed like Daisy Duke.

None of them were from the South. IF you missed this, it suggests a very inward looking circle of friends. Your weird belief that the audience was limited to the south, makes no sense. On many levels. I mean, really, your thinking makes no sense.

If what I am saying makes no sense to you, it is probably because your circle of friends and life was in a rust belt high school during the time of the show around people that identified with the characters.

It is not abnormal for people to identify with a program that they can relate to, in fact, people who like certain shows, usually do for that reason.

It is commonly referred to as a "target audience" in entertainment marketing, with producers and script writers considering who will most likely watch a given program that is on the air.

I was long past high school during that time and was on the west coast in a completely different kind of non rural environment, around people that DID NOT identify with that kind of show, or its characters.

It seems quite simple to me, and rather narrow minded of you, not to be able to understand that.

12 Types of Target Audience

Yes, I understand that. I addressed it several times with references to how in my peer group and family and friends there was fans and not fans.

You initially assumed it was a show with limited REGIONAL appeal. Now you are trying to down play it as one with a limited target audience appeal.

The Dukes of Hazzard - Wikipedia

The show topped out in it's third season as the SECOND highest show of the year, with over 21 million viewers.

It was a family friendly action comedy. With widespread appeal.

That your circle of friends didn't include anyone that liked it, is your circle of friends being limited.

You should read some of these. I only read the first couple. These are old fans remembering good clean fun stories. Not one mentions the Confederate flag or racism, that I saw. Many of them discuss how nice and good the characters were, and how nice it was to watch with family.

This fits my perception of the show. Your perception of it, not.

"And you could always appreciate the country values the Dukes always espoused ... be good to your neighbor, thank the Lord before meals, don't lie or cheat or steal.

"The Dukes of Hazzard" is not rocket science, it's not deep or profound or socially redeemable or whatever else. It's just plain heckin' fun!!!!"

"Eight years after Fred Silverman's infamous "rural purge", this show burst on the scene and instantly became a hit. Even though the show did get a lot of heat for the outlandish plots, simplistic characters and scantily clad women, especially Daisy, this show struck a chord with the American public during the late 70's/early 80's. Also, you could tell that this show was done very tongue in cheek and that the cast had a lot of fun doing it."

"I remember being eight years old when I started watching this show. I would anxiously await the Friday line up that included The Incredible Hulk, Dallas, Falcon Crest and this one. That was a great Friday line up, highlighted of course by the Dukes. What was so appealing about this show to so many people was it's virtue. I'm sure parents wanted their kids to watch it because you couldn't have a better show for their kids to watch. It was safe. The Dukes were polite, virtuous and church going. How could they not like that? How could a parent object to anything like that? But of course as kids we liked it for different reasons.

Stunts, fast cars, Daisy, Boss Hogg and Roscoe. The Dukes of Hazard was so absurd sometimes but it always entertained you and more often than not it made you laugh. Could you imagine what the script must have looked like when they first pitched it to studio? Could you imagine how silly Roscoe must have looked on paper? I mean how do you write in his ridiculous laugh? How do you write all of his idiosyncrasies? Or was that all James Best? I don't know, but it sure was funny."

"The Dukes of Hazzard is to me, a great southern series with comedy and adventure. It's actually nice to take a breather from all the dramas and shows where stories take place in either New York, Los Angeles, or Chicago. And this show delivered. Tom Wopat and John Schneider were excellent as Bo and Luke Duke and their real life friendship provided the perfect chemistry for their characters, which is why I felt the show was so popular and this friendship was established before they auditioned together.

Daisy Duke is truly a super beautiful girl and very nice in real life, since I've had the honor of meeting Catherine Bach as well as the other surviving cast members. Even I loved Daisy Duke and it's hard to imagine a guy growing up back then who didn't feel that way.

Denver Pyle as Uncle Jese was truly the backbone of the series. I also fondly recall watching him as Mad Jack on Grizzly Adams as well as Pa Darling on the Andy Griffith Show. He was also a good example of a Christian man since he was also the moral backbone of the series as well.

Sorrell Booke was what I call a comical villain. He wasn't even a real villain for that matter. Although he and Uncle Jesse were enemies, they were also old friends. Boss Hogg was hilarious in those ridiculous white outfits and all that eating he did. I couldn't even think about eating all that he had.

James Best. There's not enough complimentary words to describe him. He has to be one of the funniest and most talented actors in history. Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane made me laugh more than any other character. His sputtering and all those sayings of his like Cuff em and Stuff em! are now legend. Whoever heard of a stupid sheriff? Watch this show and you'll see him in action. I also loved his Bassett Hound Flash."

You should watch a few episodes. Or at least read a LOT of the reviews. Your view of the world, and the people in it, are just plain wrong.

This family friendly, fun, tone, and perception WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE IF YOUR VIEW OF THE CONFEDERATE FLAG AND SOUTHERN PRIDE WAS CORRECT.

It is valid for you to hold the position, that the "rebranding" was wrong.

But for you to pretend it did not happen, and to judge people (or shows) as though it did not happen, is not reasonable.

Indeed, it puts you in the position of being an asshole.

You really want to call these people, like the one who was EIGHT when he was fan, watching the show with his dad, you want to call him out for being a fan of tv heroes that had a Confederate Flag on the roof of their car?

EVERYONE ELSE IN AMERICA KNEW IT WAS JUST A FUN TV SHOW. IF YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS DID NOT, THERE WAS/IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU.

I dunno, perhaps John Wayne was ..

Not an SJW pussy like you. A Patriotic American, unlike you.
Eew, seems I struck a noive..

At least one of us has been an actual Warrior!

Standard lib tactic. Be an asshole, and then when the person you are being an asshole to, responds appropriately, pretend that normal and healthy reaction is THEM being unreasonable.

Strangely effective, if you control the conversation, or have the mods on your side, or a pack of mindless jackals to howl down any comebacks.

All it requires is that you have the honesty and self respect of a crack whore.

So, libs wallow in it.
So why are you spending 99 comments trying run your revisionist history BS about slavery??

I can guarantee that you would be the same moron in Germany arguing in favor of Nazis and blaming the Holocaust on Jews if not denying the Holocaust at all...which is something you neoconfederates and Nazis have in common
He still defends Nazis

Fuck you you liar.

LOL.
So, after you run and tell the boss on him, black guy spits on you and gets fired.

Incredible. I specifically said I asked the supervisor to mediate a discussion between us. That's it.

Is your reading comprehension really that bad or are you just so invested in trying to make me look foolish at this point that you can't come up with anything intelligent?

You continue crying a river and calling him racist. What a man! What a really, really big man!

Questioning my manhood? Really? How much of your dignity did you have to sell to come up with that one?

The position is being argued is that blacks CAN'T be racist.

Your example is obviously a valid counter point to that.

FOr grumblenuts to pretend otherwise, is pathetic.

I tend to say what I think without hesitation, and have no need in a forum like this to even consider not being direct.

No one in my immediate circle of friends found the Dukes of Hazard to be humorous in the least.

I don't really understand why you would assume that my circle was any less diverse than yours because of that.

1. Because it was a huge hit, and you managed to select a circle of friends that contained none of the millions of fans.

2. Your intent as to bringing up education levels was vague. So I guessed. Still don't know why you brought it up.

I did not "select" any circle of friends. I have the same circle of friends for the most part that I had growing up.

I brought up education only because there happen to be some very bright people that I are friends from all races, and truthfully none of them, back them saw the humor in that show.

Probably because none of them were raised in or lived in the geographical region that waved the Confederate flag.

I was in a Rust Belt high school at the time of the show. It was wildly popular among my age group. The boys loved the fast cars and Daisy Duke,and the girls loved the Duke Boys, and dressed like Daisy Duke.

None of them were from the South. IF you missed this, it suggests a very inward looking circle of friends. Your weird belief that the audience was limited to the south, makes no sense. On many levels. I mean, really, your thinking makes no sense.

If what I am saying makes no sense to you, it is probably because your circle of friends and life was in a rust belt high school during the time of the show around people that identified with the characters.

It is not abnormal for people to identify with a program that they can relate to, in fact, people who like certain shows, usually do for that reason.

It is commonly referred to as a "target audience" in entertainment marketing, with producers and script writers considering who will most likely watch a given program that is on the air.

I was long past high school during that time and was on the west coast in a completely different kind of non rural environment, around people that DID NOT identify with that kind of show, or its characters.

It seems quite simple to me, and rather narrow minded of you, not to be able to understand that.

Yes, I understand that. I addressed it several times with references to how in my peer group and family and friends there was fans and not fans.

You initially assumed it was a show with limited REGIONAL appeal. Now you are trying to down play it as one with a limited target audience appeal.

The show topped out in it's third season as the SECOND highest show of the year, with over 21 million viewers.

That your circle of friends didn't include anyone that liked it, is your circle of friends being limited.

You should read some of these. I only read the first couple. These are old fans remembering good clean fun stories. Not one mentions the Confederate flag or racism, that I saw. Many of them discuss how nice and good the characters were, and how nice it was to watch with family.

"And you could always appreciate the country values the Dukes always espoused ... be good to your neighbor, thank the Lord before meals, don't lie or cheat or steal.

"The Dukes of Hazzard" is not rocket science, it's not deep or profound or socially redeemable or whatever else. It's just plain heckin' fun!!!!"

"Eight years after Fred Silverman's infamous "rural purge", this show burst on the scene and instantly became a hit. Even though the show did get a lot of heat for the outlandish plots, simplistic characters and scantily clad women, especially Daisy, this show struck a chord with the American public during the late 70's/early 80's. Also, you could tell that this show was done very tongue in cheek and that the cast had a lot of fun doing it."

"I remember being eight years old when I started watching this show. I would anxiously await the Friday line up that included The Incredible Hulk, Dallas, Falcon Crest and this one. That was a great Friday line up, highlighted of course by the Dukes. What was so appealing about this show to so many people was it's virtue. I'm sure parents wanted their kids to watch it because you couldn't have a better show for their kids to watch. It was safe. The Dukes were polite, virtuous and church going. How could they not like that? How could a parent object to anything like that? But of course as kids we liked it for different reasons.

Stunts, fast cars, Daisy, Boss Hogg and Roscoe. The Dukes of Hazard was so absurd sometimes but it always entertained you and more often than not it made you laugh. Could you imagine what the script must have looked like when they first pitched it to studio? Could you imagine how silly Roscoe must have looked on paper? I mean how do you write in his ridiculous laugh? How do you write all of his idiosyncrasies? Or was that all James Best? I don't know, but it sure was funny."

"The Dukes of Hazzard is to me, a great southern series with comedy and adventure. It's actually nice to take a breather from all the dramas and shows where stories take place in either New York, Los Angeles, or Chicago. And this show delivered. Tom Wopat and John Schneider were excellent as Bo and Luke Duke and their real life friendship provided the perfect chemistry for their characters, which is why I felt the show was so popular and this friendship was established before they auditioned together.

Daisy Duke is truly a super beautiful girl and very nice in real life, since I've had the honor of meeting Catherine Bach as well as the other surviving cast members. Even I loved Daisy Duke and it's hard to imagine a guy growing up back then who didn't feel that way.

Denver Pyle as Uncle Jese was truly the backbone of the series. I also fondly recall watching him as Mad Jack on Grizzly Adams as well as Pa Darling on the Andy Griffith Show. He was also a good example of a Christian man since he was also the moral backbone of the series as well.

Sorrell Booke was what I call a comical villain. He wasn't even a real villain for that matter. Although he and Uncle Jesse were enemies, they were also old friends. Boss Hogg was hilarious in those ridiculous white outfits and all that eating he did. I couldn't even think about eating all that he had.

James Best. There's not enough complimentary words to describe him. He has to be one of the funniest and most talented actors in history. Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane made me laugh more than any other character. His sputtering and all those sayings of his like Cuff em and Stuff em! are now legend. Whoever heard of a stupid sheriff? Watch this show and you'll see him in action. I also loved his Bassett Hound Flash."

You should watch a few episodes. Or at least read a LOT of the reviews. Your view of the world, and the people in it, are just plain wrong.

This family friendly, fun, tone, and perception WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE IF YOUR VIEW OF THE CONFEDERATE FLAG AND SOUTHERN PRIDE WAS CORRECT.

But for you to pretend it did not happen, and to judge people (or shows) as though it did not happen, is not reasonable.

You really want to call these people, like the one who was EIGHT when he was fan, watching the show with his dad, you want to call him out for being a fan of tv heroes that had a Confederate Flag on the roof of their car?

EVERYONE ELSE IN AMERICA KNEW IT WAS JUST A FUN TV SHOW. IF YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS DID NOT, THERE WAS/IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU.
Good God, will you get off The Dukes of Hazard shit?

It was a racist show written for morons and it is an embarrassment for anyone to admit they liked it.

Standard lib tactic. Be an asshole, and then when the person you are being an asshole to, responds appropriately, pretend that normal and healthy reaction is THEM being unreasonable.

Strangely effective, if you control the conversation, or have the mods on your side, or a pack of mindless jackals to howl down any comebacks.

So, libs wallow in it.
So why are you spending 99 comments trying run your revisionist history BS about slavery??

I can guarantee that you would be the same moron in Germany arguing in favor of Nazis and blaming the Holocaust on Jews if not denying the Holocaust at all...which is something you neoconfederates and Nazis have in common
He still defends Nazis

Fuck you you liar.

Some of them are good people.....

Good God, will you get off The Dukes of Hazard shit?

It was a racist show written for morons and it is an embarrassment for anyone to admit they liked it.

1. It was not racist.

2. It was not written for morons.

3. You are an asshole.

Sorrell Booke was what I call a comical villain. He wasn't even a real villain for that matter. Although he and Uncle Jesse were enemies, they were also old friends. Boss Hogg was hilarious in those ridiculous white outfits and all that eating he did. I couldn't even think about eating all that he had."

So, libs wallow in it.

He still defends Nazis

Fuck you you liar.

Which neither I nor the President ever said, about nazis, you fucking liar.

YOu are a lying piece of shit.

So, libs wallow in it.

He still defends Nazis

Fuck you you liar.

gft

So, libs wallow in it.

He still defends Nazis

Fuck you you liar.

gft

I'm not sure what you mean by that. RW, though, knows that what is he vaguely implying, is a vile lie.

He is a vile liar and an asshole.

No, there is nothing "wrong with me" because I do not share your particular taste in TV programs, and for you to even make a statement like that, makes YOU a pompous ass, not me. Obviously the show would have some regional appeal. By your own admission you were in a rust belt area where some people identified with the characters of the show, that's human nature.

I personally do not care who liked the show and who did not, nor am I judging anyone who did. It's not a big deal to me.

But you questioning my personal preferences as far as television shows, makes you someone who clearly has far too much time on their hands.

You nor me, nor anyone else "Knows what EVERYONE in America actually thought of the show", as you stated.

That is a ridiculous and illogical overstatement, because no one has the psychic ability to have such knowledge.

We have differing views of the Confederate flag and that amounts to what it is......different opinions, which has nothing to do with who watches what on television.

You are an extremely small and petty individual.

Last edited:

So, libs wallow in it.

He still defends Nazis

Fuck you you liar.

But some Nazis are fine people -- because Hollywood made a TV show about them and they were wacky and fun....so that means being a Nazi wasn't that bad....because Hogan's Heroes was a popular show...
unnamed.jpg

That also means when Nazis of today wave that same Nazi flag -- it doesn't mean they were the bad Nazis who exterminated 6 million Jews -- we should look at them as the wacky fun Nazis from the hit TV show...
WhiteNationalists.jpg

Racists like Cory L have have been on the losing side of history for so long -- they don't even care how increasingly delusional their justifications for their racism becomes.....they are the Glass Joe of debating...easy to knock out
glass-joe.0.jpg

No, there is nothing "wrong with me" because I do not share your particular taste in TV programs, and for you to even make a statement like that, makes YOU a pompous ass, not me.

I personally do not care who liked the show and who did not, nor am I judging anyone who did.

For you to question my personal preferences as far as television shows, truly makes you someone who clearly has too much time on their hands.

You nor me, nor anyone else "Knows what EVERYONE in America actually thought of the show", as you stated.

That is a ridiculous and illogical overstatement, because no one has the psychic ability to have such knowledge.

We have differing views of the Confederate flag and that amounts to what it is......different opinions, which has nothing to do with who watches what on television.

You are an extremely small and petty individual.

Your position is that the symbol(s) represent racism and slavery and secession.

IN a society, where the symbols have, at least until recently, been widely accepted, as demonstrated by my example of the Dukes of Hazzard, this is not a "petty" point.

If you are correct, then we live in a society, where until very recently extremely racist symbols, and thus, the racism they symbolize was widely accepted and celebrated.

If I am correct, then we live in a society where, until very recently, symbols of regional pride, and thus the regional pride they symbolize were widely accepted and celebrated.

My use of the show, to examine this point, is brilliant. You should read the reviews. They are a window into the people who liked the show and what they were and who they are.

They are not racist or bad people, as would be expected, in your world.

I am going out on a limb in saying this, btw, I only looked at the first 5 or 6 reviews.

Maybe if you read them all you can find that further down, the vast majority are from Evul White Men who loved the public celebration of Evul Racism, for the Evulness of it all., or something like that that would support your world view.

If you find that, you could really crush me. If you are confident in your worldview, I would think that you would expect to find a good deal of that, in the reviews.

So, are you going to look? Or do you prefer to just make assumptions about people you don't know, and don't like?

He still defends Nazis

Fuck you you liar.

But some Nazis are fine people -- because Hollywood made a TV show about them and they were wacky and fun....so that means being a Nazi wasn't that bad....because Hogan's Heroes was a popular show...
View attachment 313573

That also means when Nazis of today wave that same Nazi flag -- it doesn't mean they were the bad Nazis who exterminated 6 million Jews -- we should look at them as the wacky fun Nazis from the hit TV show...
View attachment 313574

Racists like Cory L have have been on the losing side of history for so long -- they don't even care how increasingly delusional their justifications for their racism becomes.....they are the Glass Joe of debating...easy to knock out
View attachment 313576

1. The Nazis in Hogans Heroes were never presented as anything but the bad guys. The humor or wackiness was always at their expense. The audience was never laughing WITH them.

2. Nazis, past and present, are bad guys. Neither I nor the President have ever said differently. THe only way you can make a point that says otherwise, is by LYING.

3. You seem to be too stupid, to even understand what is going on here.

LOL.
So, after you run and tell the boss on him, black guy spits on you and gets fired. You continue crying a river and calling him racist. What a man! What a really, really big man!

It is a false equivalence. He spit on you because he thought you were picking in him, not because you were white.

He thought I was picking on him because I'm white.

You ran and told the boss on him which you claim you are required to do, but I seriously doubt if you did that to your white buddies, which he probably saw daily and that also would have created the anger.

That's a lot of speculation and doubt on your part considering that you have already been told all the details of this story.

Essentially you're assuming that he was right; that I was picking on him and the other black guy and did not treat the white crewmembers the same. So tell me, why would you assume this if not because I'm white?

But certainly you will now try telling everybody that the white workers always wore their gloves in order to keep trying to validate your tale.

More assumption and speculation. No, the white workers didn't always wear their gloves and when they didn't, I corrected them.

I told you already back then when we first discussed this that it was this guy's first hitch with the company and he had only been on the vessel for a week when all this went down.

But that story is not equivalent to 243 years of racist laws, public and private policy that have hampered blacks on jobs like the one you worked.

If I have a responsibility to enforce company safety policies, I don't give a shit about 243 years of racist laws and policies and that is irrelevant anyway. It was his responsibility to comply with company safety procedures of which he was apprised when he hired on. He was told when he was hired and knew full well that company policy dictated that he wear gloves and safety glasses when performing any task.

So tell us ghost, how long had that black guy worked there? How long had you?

Why are you asking these questions? You were told all this back then. The guy had just hired on and had only been on the vessel a week. I had been with the company about fifteen years at that point.

Because according to your classic white racist story, he and another black man worked there but of course they were lazy and never could do the job, while all the white workers were exceptional hard working types.

This is an absolute and unequivocal lie and WRONG. I never said they were lazy and couldn't do the job. Neither of them were lazy and they performed their jobs just fine. He just had a momentary lapse in compliance with safety rules and I simply reminded him of that.

You have been told all this numerous times in the past. Why do you persist in getting everything wrong?

Also, I've had to ask the company to remove lazy and incompetent crewmembers from the vessel three or four times throughout my career and every one of them was white. As far as levels of competence, work ethic and diligence, the line fell pretty much right down the middle of racial lines. In my experience I never found that one race was generally more competent or more lazy than the other.

What this looks like to me is that you didn't want to work with blacks and found a reason to try getting him fired so you saw him without gloves on and ran to your super to report him.

Once again, completely wrong. I didn't report to anybody about the gloves. The gloves were not the issue and was not a job-terminating offense anyway. I asked the supervisor to come and mediate a discussion because the guy was being an asshole and was making things tense on the vessel. I made an effort to resolve the situation through discussion and got spit on for my trouble.

You have not faced racism. Racism would have been a black boss letting him keep the job after he spit on you and getting a raise/promotion while you get fired. That's what we face asshole and until you have faced things like that, don't make false equivalences.

Oh please. Who's being the whiny bitch? A black employee is asked to comply with company safety rules that he was well aware of and you bring up "243 years of laws and policies and blah blah blah..." Jesus what a racist windbag.

LOL.

It is a false equivalence. He spit on you because he thought you were picking in him, not because you were white.

He thought I was picking on him because I'm white.

You ran and told the boss on him which you claim you are required to do, but I seriously doubt if you did that to your white buddies, which he probably saw daily and that also would have created the anger.

That's a lot of speculation and doubt on your part considering that you have already been told all the details of this story.

Essentially you're assuming that he was right; that I was picking on him and the other black guy and did not treat the white crewmembers the same. So tell me, why would you assume this if not because I'm white?

But certainly you will now try telling everybody that the white workers always wore their gloves in order to keep trying to validate your tale.

More assumption and speculation. No, the white workers didn't always wear their gloves and when they didn't, I corrected them.

I told you already back then when we first discussed this that it was this guy's first hitch with the company and he had only been on the vessel for a week when all this went down.

But that story is not equivalent to 243 years of racist laws, public and private policy that have hampered blacks on jobs like the one you worked.

If I have a responsibility to enforce company safety policies, I don't give a shit about 243 years of racist laws and policies and that is irrelevant anyway. It was his responsibility to comply with company safety procedures of which he was apprised when he hired on. He was told when he was hired and knew full well that company policy dictated that he wear gloves and safety glasses when performing any task.

So tell us ghost, how long had that black guy worked there? How long had you?

Why are you asking these questions? You were told all this back then. The guy had just hired on and had only been on the vessel a week. I had been with the company about fifteen years at that point.

Because according to your classic white racist story, he and another black man worked there but of course they were lazy and never could do the job, while all the white workers were exceptional hard working types.

This is an absolute and unequivocal lie and WRONG. I never said they were lazy and couldn't do the job. Neither of them were lazy and they performed their jobs just fine. He just had a momentary lapse in compliance with safety rules and I simply reminded him of that.

You have been told all this numerous times in the past. Why do you persist in getting everything wrong?

Also, I've had to ask the company to remove lazy and incompetent crewmembers from the vessel three or four times throughout my career and every one of them was white. As far as levels of competence, work ethic and diligence, the line fell pretty much right down the middle of racial lines. In my experience I never found that one race was generally more competent or more lazy than the other.

What this looks like to me is that you didn't want to work with blacks and found a reason to try getting him fired so you saw him without gloves on and ran to your super to report him.

Once again, completely wrong. I didn't report to anybody about the gloves. The gloves were not the issue and was not a job-terminating offense anyway. I asked the supervisor to come and mediate a discussion because the guy was being an asshole and was making things tense on the vessel. I made an effort to resolve the situation through discussion and got spit on for my trouble.

You have not faced racism. Racism would have been a black boss letting him keep the job after he spit on you and getting a raise/promotion while you get fired. That's what we face asshole and until you have faced things like that, don't make false equivalences.

Oh please. Who's being the whiny bitch? A black employee is asked to comply with company safety rules that he was well aware of and you bring up "243 years of laws and policies and blah blah blah..." Jesus what a racist windbag.

A very well written series on on topic points, and wasted on IM2, who is a anti-white racist and will side with the black based on his racism and his being an asshole.

Unverifiable anecdote combined with patriotism. Refuge of scoundrels.
Funny thing about that patriotism being their refuge is -- they believe glorifying the Confederacy is patriotic......

Yea, it is....to a racist......

And to recap.....the excuse for them not discussing possible black republican candidates in 2024 is because its too soon and there are none on the horizon.....yet, they can say dumb shit like "Trump Jr 2024!!" --- yet, they couldn't even offer up Candace Owens as a possible candidate because even they know she is a minstrel show....

Also......these revisionist confederates have been reduced to using the Dukes of Hazzard as their defense for their Confederate porn worship....

Sorrell Booke -- a guy born in Buffalo, graduated from both Columbia and Yale -- this guy is now the pantheon of all things Confederate?
Tom Wopat and John Schnieder -- One guy from New York and the other from Wisconsin -- but these guys are your "confederate heroes" now?
Denver Pyle -- a guy born and raised in Colorado -- died in Burbank, California -- not in the land of Dixie -- he is the champion of the Confederate cause??

This is how desperate these morons are..........

Forum List

Back