The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

I didn't say that no conservatives say they hate Democrats. No doubt some do. But IM2 said Democrats are not telling them (blacks) that conservatives hate them while he, a Democrat, is telling other Democrats and blacks that conservatives hate them.

Having said that, I have seen plenty of hate being spewed from both sides and neither side has a monopoly on it. I've seen some pretty vile things being directed at conservatives and have had some of this directed at me as well as experiencing black racism firsthand.

So what it all comes down to is: for all their proselytizing against racism, hate and prejudice, liberals and Democrats have proven themselves to be just as human as the rest of us.
Here is how it works -- since so many here seem to think "blacks" are a monolith who has to be told what they believe....

Blacks (most of them) see how policies affect them personally..and they vote based on the positive outcomes or negative outcomes of said policies -- very much like white folks, hispanics, asians, etc -- believe it or not....

Blacks also have the history of being FEDERALLY TARGETED by policies that NEGATIVELY AFFECTED them.....and there was one side who was consistently in FAVOR of those NEGATIVE policies -- Conservatives...be it when the Democrats were doing it thru Jim Crow or Republicans were doing it post Jim Crow...these black folks then raise their children and instill in their children this distrust of conservatives and their habit of dog whistling to their racist base -- most black folks are not too keen on teaming up with white nationalists...

But one thing most black folks can agree on is -- demonizing black voters and calling them slaves on a plantation for voting Democrat isn't helping the conservative cause....especially when standing next to those conservatives are the same white nationalists using the same racist talking points..instead......conservatives should talk about their policies and the outcomes they bring about -- but the reason why most conservatives don't really do that when they are courting black voters -- is in my opinion, a sign of disrespect....
Republicans don’t do anything in black communities except build prisons

That, they will spend money on

So what are the Democrats spending money on?

Abortions, same gender bathrooms
Again......you can't scream big government when you are trying to demonize the EFFECTIVENESS and SUCCESS of social security and Medicare to deflect from the lack of better conservative alternatives and the utter failure of so-called free market solutions....

Then in the same breath talk about government's need to tell women they can't have abortions.....tell you what, how about you just let the "free markets" decide what we should do about abortions....

1. Make stuff up much ? But I'll bite.
2. The "Effectiveness and success of the social security and medicare are constantly debated. Since nobody agrees on the standard of success....it will continue to happen. So you can state why you think they are so good and I'll tell you why I think they SUCK. And if you post anything about why I might say so, it will just confirm you are a hack.
3. I don't recall saying women can't have them. I do resent being forced to pay for them. Just so we are clear.
4. Your last statement about the free market makes no sense.

Here is how it works -- since so many here seem to think "blacks" are a monolith who has to be told what they believe....

Blacks (most of them) see how policies affect them personally..and they vote based on the positive outcomes or negative outcomes of said policies -- very much like white folks, hispanics, asians, etc -- believe it or not....

Blacks also have the history of being FEDERALLY TARGETED by policies that NEGATIVELY AFFECTED them.....and there was one side who was consistently in FAVOR of those NEGATIVE policies -- Conservatives...be it when the Democrats were doing it thru Jim Crow or Republicans were doing it post Jim Crow...these black folks then raise their children and instill in their children this distrust of conservatives and their habit of dog whistling to their racist base -- most black folks are not too keen on teaming up with white nationalists...

But one thing most black folks can agree on is -- demonizing black voters and calling them slaves on a plantation for voting Democrat isn't helping the conservative cause....especially when standing next to those conservatives are the same white nationalists using the same racist talking points..instead......conservatives should talk about their policies and the outcomes they bring about -- but the reason why most conservatives don't really do that when they are courting black voters -- is in my opinion, a sign of disrespect....

Again......you can't scream big government when you are trying to demonize the EFFECTIVENESS and SUCCESS of social security and Medicare to deflect from the lack of better conservative alternatives and the utter failure of so-called free market solutions....

Then in the same breath talk about government's need to tell women they can't have abortions.....tell you what, how about you just let the "free markets" decide what we should do about abortions....

2. The "Effectiveness and success of the social security and medicare are constantly debated. Since nobody agrees on the standard of success....it will continue to happen. So you can state why you think they are so good and I'll tell you why I think they SUCK. And if you post anything about why I might say so, it will just confirm you are a hack.
3. I don't recall saying women can't have them. I do resent being forced to pay for them. Just so we are clear.
Ok...now let me know who is forcing you to pay for abortions....give me SPECIFIC examples of this happening, not your feelings....
0a (7).jpg

Also...let me know when you see "liberals" holding up signs like this for a "conservative policy" -- all I see are "conservatives" holding up signs demanding the very same "liberal" policies they have been taught to hate....tells me they don't hate them as much as they claim -- and it also tells me there is no better conservative policy or they will be demanding that instead..
6a00d8341c562c53ef017742efed55970d-320wi.jpg

Furthermore, can you explain to me why your cult leader is attacking his political opponent by claiming his opponent would cut that very same liberal policy that conservatives claim to hate??

Ok...now let me know who is forcing you to pay for abortions....give me SPECIFIC examples of this happening, not your feelings....
View attachment 312418

Also...let me know when you see "liberals" holding up signs like this for a "conservative policy" -- all I see are "conservatives" holding up signs demanding the very same "liberal" policies they have been taught to hate....tells me they don't hate them as much as they claim -- and it also tells me there is no better conservative policy or they will be demanding that instead..
View attachment 312417

Furthermore, can you explain to me why your cult leader is attacking his political opponent by claiming his opponent would cut that very same liberal policy that conservatives claim to hate??

1. If my tax dollars are being used to fund them, then I am being forced to pay for them. That is still my money because it is the governmet's and government is "We The People". Happy to clear that one up for you.

2. I don't recall pointing at people holding up signs. The person who made the sign was either stupid or playing a joke on someone ? I am not sure people are taught to hate (where did you hear that ?). My response was that the claim they are successful is not going to go unchallenged. This sign proves nothing. I stated how a conversation would go and you provide this ?

Can you tell me your point ?

3. I don't belong to a cult, so I don't have a cult leader. Trump's attack on Biden, like most of both of their attacks, is bullshit. If you actually believe them, then maybe you should be looking at cult recovery.

That is absolutely false. The Republican Party has supported civil rights for all since its establishment.

No it is not false. Rutherford Hayes made an agreement with southern democrats to remove troops from southern states if they vote him into the presidency and that ended reconstruction. I can keep going with examples of republican opposition to civil rights before and after the 1965 Civil Rights Act was passed.
Reconstruction was about reconstructing the South, repairing all the war damage the North did. Had nothing to do with civil rights.

So if that's the best you've got, you've got nothing.
It was also to enforce civil rights and protect former slaves.

Republicans sold them out and withdrew military forces in an agreement to win a disputed Presidential election.
And the Democrats created the Ku Klux Klan as their terrorist arm to keep those former slaves in line.

No actually whites did that. And they were enabled by supreme court opinions written by republican justices.

Blacks were supposed to have been given the right to vote by the fifteenth amendment.

The Fifteenth Amendment (Amendment XV) to the United States Constitution prohibits the federal government and each state from denying a citizen the right to vote based on that citizen's "race, color, or previous condition of servitude." It was ratified on February 3, 1870, as the third and last of the Reconstruction Amendments.

Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

But alas, the constitution didn't matter to whites.

Minor v. Happersett, U.S. Supreme Court case in which the court ruled unanimously in 1874 that the right of suffrage was not protected by the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

In its decision the Supreme Court declared that the privileges and immunities of citizenship are not defined by the U.S. Constitution; thus, individual states’ enfranchisement of male citizens only was not necessarily a violation of the citizenship rights of women. This finding effectively put an end to attempts to win voting rights for women through court decree. Subsequent efforts in the woman suffrage movement in the United States focused on the revision of voting laws of individual states and on the ratification of a separate amendment to the Constitution.

Minor v. Happersett | law case

United States v. Reese, 92 U.S. 214 (1876), was a voting rights case in which the United States Supreme Court narrowly construed the 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which provides that suffrage for citizens can not be restricted due to race, color or the individual having previously been a slave.

This was the Supreme Court's first voting rights case under the Fifteenth Amendment and the Enforcement Act of 1870. A Kentucky electoral official had refused to register an African‐American's vote in a municipal election and was indicted under two sections of the 1871 act: section 1 required that administrative preliminaries to elections be conducted without regard to race, color, or previous condition of servitude; section 2 forbade wrongful refusal to register votes where a prerequisite step “required as foresaid” had been omitted.

The Court held that the Fifteenth Amendment did not confer the right of suffrage, but it prohibited exclusion from voting on racial grounds. The justices invalidated the operative section 3 of the Enforcement Act since it did not repeat the amendment's words about race, color, and servitude. They ruled that the section exceeded the scope of the Fifteenth Amendment. This ruling was the grounds for which the Ku Klux Klan was invented, as it provided white southerners with legal reassurance.

United States v. Reese - Wikipedia

This was an 8-1 SCOTUS decision whereby the court decided that, "the 15th amendment did not guarantee the right to vote but it just prevented states from giving preference to one citizen over another on account of race or color." Chief Justice Morrison Waite, a REPUBLICAN, decided that the right to vote was decided by the states.
None of that changes the simple fact the KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.

But you'd probably best not acknowledge that. Democrats hate it when blacks criticize them.

Most conservatives I see on this message board claim to hate Democrats -- call them evil, traitors, enemies.....

Most of them I am sure are full of shit and just doing it as therapy for their own personal misery....

But what is therapeutic about hating people for wanting expanded social security, equal rights and overtime pay protections?

I didn't say that no conservatives say they hate Democrats. No doubt some do. But IM2 said Democrats are not telling them (blacks) that conservatives hate them while he, a Democrat, is telling other Democrats and blacks that conservatives hate them.

Having said that, I have seen plenty of hate being spewed from both sides and neither side has a monopoly on it. I've seen some pretty vile things being directed at conservatives and have had some of this directed at me as well as experiencing black racism firsthand.

So what it all comes down to is: for all their proselytizing against racism, hate and prejudice, liberals and Democrats have proven themselves to be just as human as the rest of us.

Housing assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, educational programs, jobs training ...

So what's the problem?

That is absolutely false. The Republican Party has supported civil rights for all since its establishment.

No it is not false. Rutherford Hayes made an agreement with southern democrats to remove troops from southern states if they vote him into the presidency and that ended reconstruction. I can keep going with examples of republican opposition to civil rights before and after the 1965 Civil Rights Act was passed.
Reconstruction was about reconstructing the South, repairing all the war damage the North did. Had nothing to do with civil rights.

Republicans sold them out and withdrew military forces in an agreement to win a disputed Presidential election.
And the Democrats created the Ku Klux Klan as their terrorist arm to keep those former slaves in line.
KKK was a conservative organization
Still is
You sure do lie a lot.

Nevertheless, this sordid history is still well documented. There’s even a thirteen-volume set of Congressional investigations dating from 1872 detailing the Klan’s connection to the Democratic Party. The official documents, titled Report of the Joint Select Committee to Inquire Into the Condition of Affairs in the Late Insurrectionary States, irrefutably proves the KKK’s prominent role in the Democratic Party.

One of the most vivid examples of collusion between the KKK and Democratic Party was when Democrat Senator Wade Hampton ran for the governorship of South Carolina in 1876. The Klan put into action a battle plan to help Democrats win, stating: “Every Democrat must feel honor bound to control the vote of at least one Negro by intimidation…. Democrats must go in as large numbers…and well-armed.” An issue of Harper’s Weekly that same year illustrated this mindset with a depiction of two white Democrats standing next to a black man while pointing a gun at him. At the bottom of the depiction is a caption that reads: “Of Course He Wants To Vote The Democratic Ticket!”​

What do you mean "Democrats don't tell us shit."? YOU are a Democrat and you're telling other Democrats (and conservatives) that conservatives hate you.
Most conservatives I see on this message board claim to hate Democrats -- call them evil, traitors, enemies.....

Most of them I am sure are full of shit and just doing it as therapy for their own personal misery....

But what is therapeutic about hating people for wanting expanded social security, equal rights and overtime pay protections?

Abortion clinics.

Democrats loves them some eugenics.

View attachment 312418

View attachment 312417

1. If my tax dollars are being used to fund them, then I am being forced to pay for them. That is still my money because it is the governmet's and government is "We The People". Happy to clear that one up for you.

2. I don't recall pointing at people holding up signs. The person who made the sign was either stupid or playing a joke on someone ? I am not sure people are taught to hate (where did you hear that ?). My response was that the claim they are successful is not going to go unchallenged. This sign proves nothing. I stated how a conversation would go and you provide this ?

3. I don't belong to a cult, so I don't have a cult leader. Trump's attack on Biden, like most of both of their attacks, is bullshit. If you actually believe them, then maybe you should be looking at cult recovery.
Still waiting for you to tell me how you are funding abortions......

Still is
You sure do lie a lot.

Nevertheless, this sordid history is still well documented. There’s even a thirteen-volume set of Congressional investigations dating from 1872 detailing the Klan’s connection to the Democratic Party. The official documents, titled Report of the Joint Select Committee to Inquire Into the Condition of Affairs in the Late Insurrectionary States, irrefutably proves the KKK’s prominent role in the Democratic Party.

One of the most vivid examples of collusion between the KKK and Democratic Party was when Democrat Senator Wade Hampton ran for the governorship of South Carolina in 1876. The Klan put into action a battle plan to help Democrats win, stating: “Every Democrat must feel honor bound to control the vote of at least one Negro by intimidation…. Democrats must go in as large numbers…and well-armed.” An issue of Harper’s Weekly that same year illustrated this mindset with a depiction of two white Democrats standing next to a black man while pointing a gun at him. At the bottom of the depiction is a caption that reads: “Of Course He Wants To Vote The Democratic Ticket!”​
Was being opposed to emancipation and in favor of slavery a conservative position or a liberal position??

You morons purposely avoid using those words because it blows that BS you spouting out of the water....

View attachment 312418

View attachment 312417

Still waiting for you to tell me how you are funding abortions......
Allow me.

As best I can determine, taxpayers subsidize roughly 24% of all abortion costs in the U.S. with 6.6% borne by federal taxpayers and the remaining 17.4% picked up by state taxpayers. If we apply the 24% figure to the total number of abortions, this is equivalent to taxpayers paying the full cost of 250,000 abortions a year, with about 70,000 financed by federal taxpayers and 180,000 financed by state taxpayers​

Still is
You sure do lie a lot.

Was being opposed to emancipation and in favor of slavery a conservative position or a liberal position??

You morons purposely avoid using those words because it blows that BS you spouting out of the water....
Horseshit.

Today's liberals want nothing to do with personal liberty. You can tell because they want to erode personal liberties, primarily free speech and the Second Amendment. This is established fact.

Democrats opposed emancipation and supported slavery. This is established fact.

Republicans supported emancipation and condemned slavery. This is established fact.

Neither conservatives nor Republicans oppose civil rights. This is established fact.

Housing assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, educational programs, jobs training ...

Summary ==> Being the nanny state.

Wonder why people need all those things ?

Well, it is clear that policies at the federal level on both sides are a disaster. When are the states going to man up and take the responsibility they were designed to take ?

We can only hope.
Helping people who need help.

Republican “plantations” are called prisons.

Kind like you help people after you run over them with your car.

I know you somehow live off the government, so I guess you need to sing it's praises.

All the while being critical of people who worship Trump.

That is so myopic and sad.

Republicans build plantations all over the country.......they call them prisons

They fill them with non violent offenders

Still is
You sure do lie a lot.

Horseshit.

Today's liberals want nothing to do with personal liberty. You can tell because they want to erode personal liberties, primarily free speech and the Second Amendment. This is established fact.

Democrats opposed emancipation and supported slavery. This is established fact.

Republicans supported emancipation and condemned slavery. This is established fact.

Neither conservatives nor Republicans oppose civil rights. This is established fact.
Republicans ended the protections of Reconstruction and opened a path to Jim Crow

They are also the party that supports Confederate heritage today

Summary ==> Being the nanny state.

Wonder why people need all those things ?

Well, it is clear that policies at the federal level on both sides are a disaster. When are the states going to man up and take the responsibility they were designed to take ?

We can only hope.
Helping people who need help.

Republican “plantations” are called prisons.

Kind like you help people after you run over them with your car.

I know you somehow live off the government, so I guess you need to sing it's praises.

All the while being critical of people who worship Trump.

That is so myopic and sad.

Republicans build plantations all over the country.......they call them prisons

They fill them with non violent offenders
Today I learned there are no prisons in blue states, and liberals don't put non-violent offenders in prison.

600K white men died to end slavery!

They died to preserve the union. First and foremost. And to prevent slavery from encroaching on the white labor force nationwide.

And after the war ended, Jim Crow laws took the place of slavery in the north and the south.

There were 179k black soldiers who fought for the union but were paid lower wages and treated unequally and 40k died fighting for their own freedom.

But that fact is frequently overlooked or ignored altogether.

How many times do we have to tell this racist idiot that before he drops this lie? Correll, white men died to save the union and if we use your rationale, white men died to correct their own mistake. They didn't have to die for slavery, because they never should have had slaves.

They died to preserve the union. First and foremost. And to prevent slavery from encroaching on the white labor force nationwide.

And after the war ended, Jim Crow laws took the place of slavery in the north and the south.

There were 179k black soldiers who fought for the union but were paid lower wages and treated unequally and 40k died fighting for their own freedom.

How many times do we have to tell this racist idiot that before he drops this lie? Correll, white men died to save the union and if we use your rationale, white men died to correct their own mistake. They didn't have to die for slavery, because they never should have had slaves.
But of course black men that had and still have slaves are ok right?

Most of the free world voluntarily gave up slavery without having to kill 600,000 men.

If he was sincere in his stated concern about government overreach, then he was not insulting the intelligence of blacks , when he made that statement.

It would only have been an insult to their intelligence if it was not only a lie, but a stupid lie.

If his concern was sincere, and his stated reason was the truth, then his opposition to that particular bill was not opposition to the idea of civil rights but how it was being done in that bill.

That thought is not even logical. Obviously he put staying within the confines of "government limits" over ensuring equal rights for ALL Americans.

Which was a conflict with what blacks wanted. But it was not an insult to their intelligence. It would only have been an insult to their intelligence if he has been lying about why he was doing it. That was my point. It is pathetic that you cannot admit that.

Why should any American have to "wait" for equal treatment in what is supposed be the so called
"land of the free"?

Because the cure had the potential to be another additional problem for the country.

As tax paying citizens, black people were entitled to the same rights as every other citizen, and he apparantly believed that it was ACCEPTABLE for them to be selectively discriminated against at the whim of any state at any time, while he and his fellow oppressors "decided how to make the bill more palatable to the majority". That was nothing but the same ideology that the Confederacy supported prior to the start of the civil war.

No, it is not. Stating that he believed that the way the bill went about it was wrong, is not the same as being against the goal.

It was a moral issue to black citizens during that era, and was definately an INSULT.

Bullshit. It was a practical matter of self interest to blacks. And Goldwater disagreeing with them on how to get there, was NOT an insult to them. It was a political disagreement.

It was only an insult to their intelligence, if he was LYING about his reasons. Which is why you denying that you said that, is stupid.

Unlike you, I am old enough to recall the outrage over it, and black voters responded as they should have.....at the polls.

That is a no brainer, and it will be a well deserved footnote in Goldwaters legacy for eternity.

It is understandable that blacks, suffering under Jim Crow, and facing real racism and discrimination, were not patient with any discussion of METHODS, of fighting racism and discrimination.

IMO, that blame for the lie, lies with the dem liberals, who told and still tell them.

Simply put, YOU were not a black voter in 1964, nor were you even born. I was, and I heard them voice their disdain for Goldwaters draconian "states rights, government overreach" INSULT, first hand.

You, did not.

My parents and grandparents were involved in the civil rights movement, and on foot they went out and knocked on doors to convince registered black voters in our community to leave the Republican party.

Because they were OUTRAGED and INSULTED.

Black voters WERE insulted by it. PERIOD.

Your post is nothing but speculation and a thinly veiled defense of an ideology that the civil war should have buried FOREVER.

Consequently, his position further drove black voters out of the Republican party, as it should have.

And it also left a PERMANENT stain on his legacy. As it SHOULD HAVE.

Putting the rights of citizens on hold due to what an outdated politician calls "government overreach," WAS AN INSULT.

PERIOD.

You claimed it was an "insult to their intelligence".

That statement only makes sense, if you were assuming his stated position was a lie.

I have no doubt that the blacks of the time disagreed with him on that issue. If they choose to take offense at his position, that was their choice. I have no doubt that that was not Barry Goldwater's intent.

"Stain"? Time will tell. IMO, the government has certainly gone into "overreach" and the results have not been good.

IN the future, historians, white and black, might look back at him and his defeat as a very bad turning point for the US.

You are free to think as you wish. But the black voters of that generation DID take his position as an INSULT to their intelligence and they took it as an assault upon their value as tax paying citizens.

And I seriously doubt that anyone who believes in equality of the most basic rights for all citizens will view his defeat in the future as a "bad turning point.

If they have even a shred of moral decency.

Correll, your opinion of what blacks thought about Goldwater doesn't matter. Blacks left the party for the reasons I and Stave have stated. As we are black and were there to see it, you are simply talking out of your white racist ass. Whites do not speak for, or think for us. It is that paternalism which is a continuing part of a number of white americans that keeps racism alive. Things are as we said it was, not as you think it was.

But of course black men that had and still have slaves are ok right?

Since blacks bought their wives, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, other relatives or used the system to buy freedom for their friends, you really don't have anything to say.

The white racist disingenuous argument you make is dead. It's been dead.

Forum List

Back