The fallacy of self defence by gun

You don't know that criminals don't obey gun laws ?

The argument is the mere presence of a gun deters criminals. Yet fifty plus cops a year are shot and killed. 62 last year as one example.

Yet for civilians if they have a gun they are somehow instantly safer.

And your surrender is noted too. Thank you.
I'm sorry you do not like the fact your Harvard study confirmed the VPC numbers, which indicate that firearms are used in self-defense 10x more often than murder and 5x more often than suicide, but there's nothing I can do about it.
You hate the truth., and I continue to accept your surrender.

Do you know what M14 Shooter , which is the safest type of road in the UK?

We have motorways where the max speed limit is 70mph. Then "A" roads are 60mph. When in town, you drop down to 30mph and 40mph.

Actually, the safest roads are Motorways, more deaths occur in the 30 to 40 zones. But do you know what? If you lived here with your gun nut mentality, you would argue against stats and reality to claim Motorways are the most dangerous.

So by all means stick up for guns, but reality is kicking you in the face. Your degree makes you aloof to reality, seen this before when I had to sack that guy, and your personalities are a mirror image.

When you can present a meaningful response to my post, let me know.
Until then, I continue accept your surrender.
Thank you, nailed it. And not only that, you are in a job that requires a qualification below what you achieved. That moves on that you have a below average EIQ, hence where you are at.

The argument is the mere presence of a gun deters criminals. Yet fifty plus cops a year are shot and killed. 62 last year as one example.

Yet for civilians if they have a gun they are somehow instantly safer.

You don't have to guess...they asked criminals......you doofus.

Also, cops have to actively engage and capture criminals, civilians do not.....when a civilian shows or draws a gun, the majority of criminals leave to find an unarmed victim....when the criminal is really stupid, they get shot, wounded and sometimes killed...but civilians are not looking to push the confrontation, which is why so many defensive gun uses do not result in shots fired....you moron.....

For example...no shots fired....

The Flagler County Sheriff’s Office released video of the incident, which shows 50-year old Rafael Vincent Rivera holding a knife in his hand as he argues with a couple over being cut off in traffic. The motorcyclist has on a pair of brass knuckles, but isn’t seen threatening Rivera in any way. Instead, as the three jaw and cuss one another, Rivera “stepped aggressively toward the victim and began slashing his knife at him”, according to the sheriff’s accoun

Only then did the victim draw his lawfully carried firearm and once again demanded that Rivera back away.

One deputies arrived and reviewed the footage as well as talking to witnesses, Rivera was taken into custody, and not for the first time. According to the sheriff’s post on Facebook, the 50-year old has four previous stints in the Flagler County jail on felony and misdemeanor theft and trespassing charges, though this appears to be his first arrest for a violent crime. Rivera is now facing charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and the sheriff says it all could have been avoided if Rivera had simply kept himself under control.
---

It sounds like the sheriff believes the motorcyclist would have been justified in shooting Rivera to protect himself and his wife, but I’m glad that Rivera at least had the sense to back down once he realized he’d brought a knife to a gunfight.

Thank you, nailed it. And not only that, you are in a job that requires a qualification below what you achieved. That moves on that you have a below average EIQ, hence where you are at.

Moron....see post #174 for a very typical defensive gun use.....

That's what dishonest conservatives do.
Being dishonest is not attached to political stances, dishonesty lives on both sides of the fence, it's up to us peasants to accept that or live in cloud cuckoo land.

I'm UK centre Right, always voted Tory (at General Election level), but I was brought up to be sensible with guns, rather than having the Right to be dangerous with them. I don't normally vote for local elections but I did this time for the Green candidate because he was the only one to get off his backside and visit the peasants.

Forum List

Back