The Election Is Not Over. Republicans Control Relevant State Legislators To Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicin

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2016
Some one removed my thread on this topic out of the relevant forum. I'm reposting with a link from the washington post to make it clear how this is not a joke topic.

This is the only way republicans can save the election. It is not over. All that is required is a forceful campaign to show republican state reps that if they don't do as they're told they're get primaried and lose their jobs.

Courts can only force more recounts or stop them. They cannot alter results of the election. And when margins are this thin in some states there is no reason to believe the vote count is accurate, there is no expectation of them having no margin of error.

The fact a mod of this site believed I was trolling sums up the ignorance on this subject. Wake up republicans. DO you think the election was stolen? Well if so call your state rep we have ways to fix this. Do something you bums

Doesn‘t exactly work like that

By state law, Electors are committed to the candidate that won
You may get an occasional “rogue” elector.....but Trump needs over 70

Doesn‘t exactly work like that

By state law, Electors are committed to the candidate that won
You may get an occasional “rogue” elector.....but Trump needs over 70

State legislaotrs appoint them

They're not obligated to vote for anyone, and if they were specifically appointed to vote republican by a republican legislator..well we know what would happen'

They would probably need to get rid of some because they won't play ball. But they would get it done. Maybe with some rogues virtue signaling for biden

it seems likely that they will try. Unless their donors tell them to ride with Biden.

The result could be a map that looks more like this
Untitled drawing - 2020-11-08T143114.106.png

edited to add: the gray states have GOP legislatures, but Dem governors.

it seems likely that they will try. Unless their donors tell them to ride with Biden.

The result could be a map that looks more like thisView attachment 413751

Assuming a large % of republicans think that trump really won. I don't see how they could avoid at least pretending to make the attempt.

It just makes no sense to accept results if you think the election was stolen from you.

The result could be a map that looks more like thisView attachment 413751

Assuming a large % of republicans think that trump really won. I don't see how they could avoid at least pretending to make the attempt.

It just makes no sense to accept results if you think the election was stolen from you.

Bear in mind that the actual left (not Dems) are likely planning actions around the safe harbor date of Dec 8., expecting that the major parties will be too busy fighting one another to stop them.

The Donor class likely understands that threat as well. One of the Republican governors will probably take one for the team, as it were, and refuse to certify electors for a disputed state with at least 12 electoral votes.

Some one removed my thread on this topic out of the relevant forum. I'm reposting with a link from the washington post to make it clear how this is not a joke topic.

This is the only way republicans can save the election. It is not over. All that is required is a forceful campaign to show republican state reps that if they don't do as they're told they're get primaried and lose their jobs.

Courts can only force more recounts or stop them. They cannot alter results of the election. And when margins are this thin in some states there is no reason to believe the vote count is accurate, there is no expectation of them having no margin of error.

The fact a mod of this site believed I was trolling sums up the ignorance on this subject. Wake up republicans. DO you think the election was stolen? Well if so call your state rep we have ways to fix this. Do something you bums

Can a state legislature substitute its judgment for the will of the people by directly appointing their preferred slate of electors after Election Day?

The answer? No.

State Legislatures Are Prohibited by Federal Law from Usurping the Will of the Voters After the Election

Americans should rest assured that a state legislature’s post-Election Day substitution of its own preferences would violate federal law.

While the Constitution delegates to each state’s legislature the power to direct the manner for appointing its slate of electors for president, it gives Congress the power “to determine the time of chusing Electors.”

Congress, in turn, has mandated by law that is the “Tuesday after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President”—which falls on Nov. 3, 2020.

For well over a century, the laws in every state have provided for their state’s electors to be chosen through a popular election.

Although state legislatures could theoretically amend their laws to provide for legislative appointment of presidential electors if they acted before Election Day, it would violate a federal statute and the Constitution to do so after the Nov. 3 date set by Congress.

Last edited:

Can a state legislature substitute its judgment for the will of the people by directly appointing their preferred slate of electors after Election Day?

The answer? No.

State Legislatures Are Prohibited by Federal Law from Usurping the Will of the Voters After the Election

Americans should rest assured that a state legislature’s post-Election Day substitution of its own preferences would violate federal law.

While the Constitution delegates to each state’s legislature the power to direct the manner for appointing its slate of electors for president, it gives Congress the power “to determine the time of chusing Electors.”

Congress, in turn, has mandated by law that is the “Tuesday after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President”—which falls on Nov. 3, 2020.

For well over a century, the laws in every state have provided for their state’s electors to be chosen through a popular election.

Although state legislatures could theoretically amend their laws to provide for legislative appointment of presidential electors if they acted before Election Day, it would violate a federal statute and the Constitution to do so after the Nov. 3 date set by Congress.

The signals are out there however, that this option is being explored. All the talk of there being "massive voting fraud" is largely for the purpose of giving these legislators plausible deniability.

The answer? No.

Yes every state has done so for a hundred years.

Doesn't mean they have to this time, nothing preventing states from doing it again beyond norms

There is no law. The federal governemnt cannot mandate much of anything when it comes to state elections. Which is why we have 50 different systems. It's not even clear SCOTUS had the right ot tell Florida to stop recounting. Gore could have fought that. Certainly the 2020 court would not have seen it the same way the 2000 court did.

They can remove and send electors at will. All they need to do is ask the elector...Unless they're willing to lie it would be very easy to do.

The answer? No.

The signals are out there however, that this option is being explored. All the talk of there being "massive voting fraud" is largely for the purpose of giving these legislators plausible deniability.

I agree with that, they have been preparing for this scenario for quite a while it seems.

The confusing part is they don't seem to be telling teh average voter what they should be expecting. Average Republicans seem ready to just whine on the internet

Without fox do they just not have that ability? I don't understand how average voters aren't only talking about this

The answer? No.

They can't change legislatively the way the electors are selected after election day. The winning parties chosen slate of electors.

Talk is cheap. Courts demand evidence.

For the life of me, I do not understand why Dimm's are acting like the election has been certified when it hasn't.
Head games-----as long as they act like they won, they think that the courts and the american people will treat them like they won.

Doesn't mean they have to this time, nothing preventing states from doing it again beyond norms
They had to have acted before election day.

"Congress’s enactment of a uniform national Election Day under its own constitutional authority — which supersedes any contrary state actions — prohibits the choice of electors from being made based on elections held or laws passed after Election Day.

In other words, under the constitutional timing provision as implemented by federal law, the absolute last day a state legislature could have decided to appoint the state’s presidential electors for this election was November 3, 2020. Once that date passed, the determinative popular votes had all been cast, and therefore the legislature’s authority to change the state’s manner of appointing electors in 2020 passed as well."

You guys are giving false hope to millions....well.... thousands...ummm...hundreds??????

Thread closed. If you have an issue with moderation - pm one of us. Don't post it on the open boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back