Zone1 The Dumbest Comment A Black Leader Has Ever Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe what Booker T Washington stated is absolutely right, and there are a couple of posters on this very board
that proves what he stated.
Agree. Booker T. was ahead of his time. He’s probably rolling over in his grave seeing certain blacks make an industry out of long-ago grievances, and ignore the advantages given them over Whites for decades.

:auiqs.jpg:
Yea…..things are the same as a hundred years ago
Yes. 100 years ago, his words did not address the real racism of the day while today, they are absolutely 100% spot on considering that Blacks are given advantages over other groups

The issue isn't so much that things havent changed but that the HAVE changed, and changed 180 degrees from the previous paradigm.

Race pimps looking for freebies simply do not acknowledge that nor do their guilt ridden white enablers.

I continue to find IM2 amusing.

He's like the guy that goes to a party, and hogs the bowl of mixed nuts, making sure he's the only one to get the cashews

He doesn't want the peanuts, he doesn't' want the macadamia, he doesn't want any of the other nuts, but he cherry picks what he wants, and expects everyone to like it.

Booker was born a slave, he lived during Jim Crow, and became one of, if not THE most prominent black men of that era.

He saw first hand what IM2 has only read about from his cherry picked studies.

100 years ago Booker saw the rise of the Jesse Jacksons,
the Al Sharptons, the Malcolm Xs, etc.

I know which I believe.

how about you?

He's like the guy that goes to a party, and hogs the bowl of mixed nuts, making sure he's the only one to get the cashews

He doesn't want the peanuts, he doesn't' want the macadamia, he doesn't want any of the other nuts, but he cherry picks what he wants, and expects everyone to like it.

Booker was born a slave, he lived during Jim Crow, and became one of, if not THE most prominent black men of that era.

I know which I believe.

how about you?
Wait a sec!! I'm having a hard time following your analogy.

I mean, how could anybody not like macadamias?

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”
Booker T. Washington

Booker T. Washington, My Larger Education, Garden CITY New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1911, pg. 118, Booker T. Washington. My Larger Education; Being Chapters from My Experience

In the history of black leadership in America, this comment by Washington is perhaps the dumbest of all time. Now I'm sure the usual suspects are going to jump in and try to teach me from their perspective of being white just how great these comments were for black people and how blacks like me should think just like Washington.

These words were written in 1910 or 1911. Jim Crow was the law of the land. Lynching was going on, blacks could get killed and the killer go free. Washington watched various black towns and neighborhoods burn to the ground. Sharecropping was going on with blacks basically returning to slavery. Black codes made it possible for blacks to be arrested for nothing and end up as part of convict leasing. I don't think Washington could vote without a poll tax since he lived in the south. With all that going on, Washington made his comment.

It was the dumbest comment a black leader has ever made.
You're stupid. There were also white sharecroppers. Are you under the ignorant assumption that only black people picked cotton? You watch too much TV.

I know which I believe.

how about you?
IM2 is the guy that goes to a pot luck without bringing anything and gorges himself and fills his pockets.

If you bother to read the quote he wasn’t referring to people who complain, but to people who make a living complaining.

In 1911, I think negroes complaining that they couldn’t vote, couldn’t use public bathrooms, couldn’t use public facilities or receive decent education and public healthcare were making a living complaining about it

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
In 1911, I think negroes complaining that they couldn’t vote, couldn’t use public bathrooms, couldn’t use public facilities or receive decent education and public healthcare were making a living complaining about it
Yet. Here we are a hundred years later where blacks have all that and SO much more, only to have countless people in academia, politics and the general society making a handsome living doing just that.

I believe what Booker T Washington stated is absolutely right, and there are a couple of posters on this very board
that proves what he stated.
Again, he made that comment in 1910. During Jim Crow. Apparently he was wrong. And only white racists believe this statement to be true. As expected whites like you are in here trying to tell blacks about something YOU have never faced. Only a racist IDIOT would believe that blacks want racism to go on forever.

If you bother to read the quote he wasn’t referring to people who complain, but to people who make a living complaining.
Again he made the comment during Jim Crow. And it's funny how whites like you don't make these kinds of comments about right-wing white activists who are the real people wanting to keep racism alive.

Washington was wrong and this comment is the dumbest comment a black leader has made in American history. Whites such as you are expected to agree with the comment because you benefit from racism. If anybody exemplifies Washingtons' comments today it is the members of the American right wing of all races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back