Zone1 The Dumbest Comment A Black Leader Has Ever Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1911, I think negroes complaining that they couldn’t vote, couldn’t use public bathrooms, couldn’t use public facilities or receive decent education and public healthcare were making a living complaining about it
Blacks weren't making much of a living in 1911.

You prove in every post what an obedient puppy you are to the govt poverty plantation & the race baiters pulling your puppet strings.

You hide here so that you can control the narrative so you have learned a little from your masters
I've posted in the FZ. You can't handle me here, you damn sue don't want any of this where there are no rules.

There are always race traitors, and he's simply pointing out that there were Black race traitors at that time. You can't deny a fact. You're trying tho...
Washington was a "race traitor." No one is denying that.

Some things never change, RW
Yep we have blacks like Larry Elder, Ben Carson and Clarence Thomas who bend over backwards to help keep racism alive.

You're stupid. There were also white sharecroppers. Are you under the ignorant assumption that only black people picked cotton? You watch too much TV.
Wrong. I know better than you what happened. My father's family were sharecroppers before they moved north.

IM2 is the guy that goes to a pot luck without bringing anything and gorges himself and fills his pockets.
Wrong again. It's funny how I can predict what you right wing whites are going to do and you never fail to do it.

If you bother to read the quote he wasn’t referring to people who complain, but to people who make a living complaining.

In 1911?

Black people in 1911 had ample reason to complain whether they make a living or not

Complaining about treatment of blacks in 1911 was a good way to die

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
In 1911, I think negroes complaining that they couldn’t vote, couldn’t use public bathrooms, couldn’t use public facilities or receive decent education and public healthcare were making a living complaining about it
I think most blacks were too busy making a living in those days to complain, also public education and healthcare were vanishingly rare in those days outside the major cities.

I think most blacks were too busy making a living in those days to complain, also public education and healthcare were vanishingly rare in those days outside the major cities.
Blacks who were complaining about their treatment in 1911 faced a visit by hooded thugs in the middle of the night

also public education and healthcare were vanishingly rare in those days outside the major cities.

Colored schools were very rare and poorly funded.

The problem with healthcare was that public hospitals would turn away colored patients……even if they were in critical condition

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I quoted Booker T. Washington. Whites who are members of the racist subculture love using his words. So to reflect our modern reality, I have modified Washington’s comments.

“There is another class of white people who make a business of keeping the advantages of whites maintained by gaslighting the public into a belief that white racism is now an illusion and that it is whites who face anti-white racism. … Some of these people do not want whites to lose preference, because they do not want to lose their jobs … There is a certain class of white race- ‘problem solvers’ who don’t want America to get well.”

Washington's strategy did not work. We got civil rights by taking our case to the public. Segregation was ended by blacks bringing our case before the public. States and local governments are considering reparations because blacks took our case to the public. Police are beginning to be put in prison for murdering citizens because blacks have presented our case before the public.

Notice the whites here who support Washingtons belief in the shut up and take it strategy. They are white Republican right wingers and they cannot understand why the majority of blacks refuse to support the republican party.

The record is clear, what Washington said was the dumbest comment a black leader has said in American history.

Colored schools were very rare and poorly funded.

The problem with healthcare was that public hospitals would turn away colored patients……even if they were in critical condition
Some people here are full of excuses.

Another black leader spoke to those times. W.E.B. Dubois.

“Most persons do not realize how far [the view that common oppression would create interracial solidarity] failed to work in the South, and it failed to work because the theory of race was supplemented by a carefully planned and slowly evolved method, which drove such a wedge between the white and black workers that there probably are not today in the world two groups of workers with practically identical interests who hate and fear each other so deeply and persistently and who are kept so far apart that neither sees anything of common interest.

It must be remembered that the white group of laborers, while they received a low wage, were compensated in part by a sort of public and psychological wage. They were given public deference and titles of courtesy because they were white. They were admitted freely with all classes of white people to public functions, public parks, and the best schools. The police were drawn from their ranks, and the courts, dependent on their votes, treated them with such leniency as to encourage lawlessness. Their vote selected public officials, and while this had small effect upon the economic situation, it had great effect upon their personal treatment and the deference shown them. White schoolhouses were the best in the community, and conspicuously placed, and they cost anywhere from twice to ten times as much per capita as the colored schools. The newspapers specialized on news that flattered the poor whites and almost utterly ignored the Negro except in crime and ridicule.” -W. E. B DuBois

According to Washington, DuBois wanted to keep the grievances alive so he would not lose his job. But DuBois was one of the founders of the finest American civil rights organization in history-The NAACP. This is the organization that ended school desegregation. This is further proof of the fallacy in Washington's comments.

You think wrong.

You're right. Most were subsistence farmers, or household workers. Of course, most whites weren't making much of a living then either.
No whites faced Jim Crow.

It must be remembered that the white group of laborers, while they received a low wage, were compensated in part by a sort of public and psychological wage. They were given public deference and titles of courtesy because they were white. They were admitted freely with all classes of white people to public functions, public parks, and the best schools. The police were drawn from their ranks, and the courts, dependent on their votes, treated them with such leniency as to encourage lawlessness. Their vote selected public officials, and while this had small effect upon the economic situation, it had great effect upon their personal treatment and the deference shown them. White schoolhouses were the best in the community, and conspicuously placed, and they cost anywhere from twice to ten times as much per capita as the colored schools. The newspapers specialized on news that flattered the poor whites and almost utterly ignored the Negro except in crime and ridicule.” -W. E. B DuBois

End the false equivalences.

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”
Booker T. Washington

Booker T. Washington, My Larger Education, Garden CITY New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1911, pg. 118, Booker T. Washington. My Larger Education; Being Chapters from My Experience

In the history of black leadership in America, this comment by Washington is perhaps the dumbest of all time. Now I'm sure the usual suspects are going to jump in and try to teach me from their perspective of being white just how great these comments were for black people and how blacks like me should think just like Washington.

These words were written in 1910 or 1911. Jim Crow was the law of the land. Lynching was going on, blacks could get killed and the killer go free. Washington watched various black towns and neighborhoods burn to the ground. Sharecropping was going on with blacks basically returning to slavery. Black codes made it possible for blacks to be arrested for nothing and end up as part of convict leasing. I don't think Washington could vote without a poll tax since he lived in the south. With all that going on, Washington made his comment.

It was the dumbest comment a black leader has ever made.
🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back