The Difference between Obama and Romney Supporters

If someone asks you what the main difference is between the Obama
supporters and Romney supporters, just tell them that Romney supporters sign their checks on the front, and Obama supporters sign their checks on the back.

I noticed your list for Romney's "accomplishments" don't include AmPad, GS Steel, Damon Medical or any of the other companies that went under on his watch.

But hey, keep showing contempt for working people. You keep doing that... and it will come back to bite you in November.

Romney left Bain well before GS Steel went under. FAIL.

No, the difference is that we have our checks electronically deposited, while those Romney supporters are stuck back in the early 20th century and still using paper checks. :D

The world has moved on from 1910. Get on board or get left behind.

Of course, someone else will use electronic methods to deposit "your" checks, to pay for your rent, heating, groceries and heaven knows what else.

With free-loaders like you, the world has obviously moved into the 21st century.

No, the difference is that we have our checks electronically deposited, while those Romney supporters are stuck back in the early 20th century and still using paper checks. :D

Obama supporters got in line to get the Iphone5 while Romney supporters are still using smoke signals.

Well, let's get past the rhetoric and look at what the nation needs.

First, we need to rebuild our failing infrastructure. Our grid is an antique, and our highways are decaying at an alarming rate from lack of basic maintenance. We need more energy, and to become far more efficient in our use of energy.

Second, we need to get into high tech manufacturing in a big way. Not just computers, but solar power, wind generators, efficient autos, efficient appliances, all the areas that China is making a major push in.

Third, we need to educate our workforce. Even South Korea is turning out more engineers than the US is.

Now, what are the candidates approaches on each of these issues. Romney, and the 'Conservatives' that support him would even defund k-12 schools, and regard higher education as something only the very wealthy should have access to. They state otherwise, but their efforts to defund the public school system speaks far louder than words.

The support and development of high tech manufacturing is going to have inevitable failures. For every Ford, there were dozens of startups that only made a few to a few thousand autos and then went broke. Someone with a good idea sets up a manufacturing line, and someone with a better idea at less cost undercuts him and puts the company out of bussiness. But the 'Conservatives' would shut down the whole industry because of the one failure. As far as government support of fledgling new tech goes, look at what other nations are doing and have done. We fail to compete, we lose.

Businesses cannot thrive without basic infrastructure. Transportation, power, water, and waste disposal. Yet the 'Conservatives' oppose anything that might give us a stronger more resilent grid, oppose rebuilding our Interstate road system, oppose the federal government involvement in such things as water and waste sytems, even though there are states whose financial future is looking dim for the lack of water.

We can go forward, toward a future where we are competative with all the other high tech nations, or we can stagnate as the 'Conservatives' would have us do, and become a third world nation.

Obama supporters got in line to get the Iphone5 while Romney supporters are still using smoke signals.

Kind of like your avatar?:badgrin:

So the liberals on this thread would have preferred that 100% of those companies that were rescued by Bain Capital closed and all those workers that DIDN'T lose their jobs had hit the unemployment lines? You people are amazing.
Mitt Romney and Bain Capital--What liberals still do not grasp | Washington Times Communities

Bain isn't in the business of rescuing companies. Lord! They aren't called "vultures" for nothing...although I think that's a misnomer. Vultures are actually good for the environment. They are more like Vampire capitalists. They suck the lifeblood out of a company, leaving the empty shell.

Remember Richard Gere in Pretty Woman? He was a Vampire Capitalist...until he fucked Julia Roberts and decided to "build things".

Quoting movies is not effective since they're pure fantasy.

Just about every major company in existence today received support from a Venture Capitalist. Including Facebook.

supporters and Romney supporters, just tell them that Romney supporters sign their checks on the front, and Obama supporters sign their checks on the back.

Funny, even if what was posted in the OP is true, the big difference between Romney and Obama is, drum beat please,

Romney will turn American into a nation of retail clerks selling items engineered and made in China and other Asian Nations;

Obama will return manufacturing and engineering jobs to America.

First, we need to rebuild our failing infrastructure. Our grid is an antique, and our highways are decaying at an alarming rate from lack of basic maintenance. We need more energy, and to become far more efficient in our use of energy.

Second, we need to get into high tech manufacturing in a big way. Not just computers, but solar power, wind generators, efficient autos, efficient appliances, all the areas that China is making a major push in.

Third, we need to educate our workforce. Even South Korea is turning out more engineers than the US is.

Now, what are the candidates approaches on each of these issues. Romney, and the 'Conservatives' that support him would even defund k-12 schools, and regard higher education as something only the very wealthy should have access to. They state otherwise, but their efforts to defund the public school system speaks far louder than words.

The support and development of high tech manufacturing is going to have inevitable failures. For every Ford, there were dozens of startups that only made a few to a few thousand autos and then went broke. Someone with a good idea sets up a manufacturing line, and someone with a better idea at less cost undercuts him and puts the company out of bussiness. But the 'Conservatives' would shut down the whole industry because of the one failure. As far as government support of fledgling new tech goes, look at what other nations are doing and have done. We fail to compete, we lose.

Businesses cannot thrive without basic infrastructure. Transportation, power, water, and waste disposal. Yet the 'Conservatives' oppose anything that might give us a stronger more resilent grid, oppose rebuilding our Interstate road system, oppose the federal government involvement in such things as water and waste sytems, even though there are states whose financial future is looking dim for the lack of water.

We can go forward, toward a future where we are competative with all the other high tech nations, or we can stagnate as the 'Conservatives' would have us do, and become a third world nation.

It doesn't matter how educated the workforce is if you have no jobs in This country rather than China and Korea. Nobody will want to work or even work toward an education if the government continues to punish job-creators and continues to discourage expansion. Forget the government removing incentives to workers by promising cell phones and free rent.

And to top it off the simple fact we have no money to upgrade the infrastructure in the first place. How do you expect Obama to take care of this when he spends it faster than he can tax it from us.

And BTW, your spelling is pathetic.

Businesses cannot thrive without basic infrastructure. Transportation, power, water, and waste disposal. Yet the 'Conservatives' oppose anything that might give us a stronger more resilent grid, oppose rebuilding our Interstate road system, oppose the federal government involvement in such things as water and waste systems, even though there are states whose financial future is looking dim for the lack of water.

I realize that the word "infrastructure" includes more than just roads, but as someone who traveled Interstate Highways from I4 to I94 and I5 to I95, I can say with confidence that, at least the Interstate road system is in pretty good shape. Perhaps somewhat better in red states. So, I somewhat agree with you.

I used to work for a company that almost went bankrupt in 1986. It shut down many of its plants built in the early 1900's and replaced them with hi-tech plants, free of unions and it is now the only North American company of its kind. So, I agree with you.

Education flourishes when teachers consider teaching a vocation rather than a job. I am willing to bet that the teachers in South Korea are not obedient and willing slaves of their unions, as the teachers are in America. Obama thinks that EVERY child should go to college. Only a dreamer, an unrealistic idealogue - and, indeed as Senator Santorum said, a SNOB - would think that, disrespecting all those whose talents are better suited for vocational schools and the trades. Have you ever wondered why there is such a shortage of qualified electricians, pipe-fitters, carpenters, plumbers, painters, auto mechanics and chefs? America already spends more on education on the per student bases than any other country on Earth, so throwing more money at it is nothing but a fools errand. Besides, seeing that an immigrant has to proof read a business letter written by a college graduate (personal experience, repeatedly) does not bode well for spending more on something that already seems to be hopeless.

When it comes to power grid, you seem to have forgotten about the fact that Democrats and liberals and the President opposed and still oppose the pipeline from Canada. They still oppose any and all effort to develop clean coal, in spite the fact that more energy lies under American soil in the form of coal, than oil in the Middle East. They are still opposed to build hydro-electric projects. They are still opposed to build new nuclear reactors, in spite of the fact that they have been proven safe all around the world.

Instead they chase pie-in-the sky dreams, like a modern day Don Quixote, tilting at wind mills and spending untold millions on solar panels, forgetting that there are such anomalies as cloudy days.

The Democrats would love to keep America dependent on foreign oil. They are quite happy throwing thousands of American coal miners on the unemployment roll. They know fully well, that if they keep honest and hard working - but, unfortunately - unemployed people comfortable on the dole, those people will vote for them forever. Just look at the totally brainwashed African-American community.

Last edited:
Not every company that needs help can get the help....sometimes they're too far under to make it right again. Bain couldn't keep every single business open that they tried to help. There were many they help and the company still went under because of poor management. Or they were so far gone to begin with that NOBODY could have helped them.

Guy, Bain did not help anyone but themselves.

Maybe these companies had problems, but the fact is, Bain still paid itself and it's investors MILLIONS of dollars out of these failing companies. And when they went bankrupt, someone else was left holding the bag.

If Romney wants to run America the way he ran AmPad, I want no part of him, and neither should you.

Sorry....but i'm not a "guy" :)

Also.....if you expect a company like Bain can save EVERY company that they try to save then you're delusional. Keep listening to the lies that you hear. I think you WANT to believe the lies just because you don't like Romney. That's fine, that's you're choice. But you can go ahead and believe Obama is still going to fix this country. In another 4 years you won't even recognize it, and it won't be for the good.

Not every company that needs help can get the help....sometimes they're too far under to make it right again. Bain couldn't keep every single business open that they tried to help. There were many they help and the company still went under because of poor management. Or they were so far gone to begin with that NOBODY could have helped them.

You're missing a key piece...Bain never came in to "help". Bain exists to harvest profit out of a company. Romney himself said so.

Bain Capital is an investment partnership which was formed to invest in startup companies and ongoing companies, then to take an active hand in managing them and hopefully, five to eight years later, to harvest them at a significant profit.
~Willard Romney

They don't make a profit unless the company succeeds, you stupid commie piece of shit.

If this spider became extinct, it would have absolutely tragical consequences for the entire Earth.

We know that the world ended when there were no more dinosaurs.
It ended even more when dodo birds became extinct.
There was absolutely no chance for the world to survive when there were no more passenger pigeons.
The world came to screeching halt when the precious living entities like the carriers of smallpox and malaria were nearly or completely eradicated.

These environmentally conscientious people have no problems about drying out thousands of acres of fertile farmland, throwing thousands of people out of work in order to save same insignificant minnow in California.

They have no problem ruining an average person financially, mentally and spiritually, just because he had the nerve to develop his land, the land that he owns.

These same folks tell you in one breath that you are no better or are worth more than a worm, but on the other breath they tell you that you should know better because you have brains.

These same hypocrites tell you that according to their God, Darwin, the strongest will survive, but then they go ahead and promote spending taxpayers' money to protect the weakest and the least deserving of survival. Maybe they do that because they found a rare moment of honesty by looking in the mirror.

They tell you that you want to drink dirty water and breath dirty air, because you have the nerve to want to have a job.

They want your hard earned tax money to support organization like the EPA.

You know, the Employment Prevention Agency.

And here I thought this thread was actually made by a neutral. Color me decieved.

There is no difference between Obama and Romney supporters. The most radical of them are ridiculously hyper-partisan.
there we go.

So the liberals on this thread would have preferred that 100% of those companies that were rescued by Bain Capital closed and all those workers that DIDN'T lose their jobs had hit the unemployment lines? You people are amazing.

Your whole premise is that what Bain did actuallly helped.

Frankly, I've been through a few of these things, either in companies I've worked for or companies that were customers or vendors.

It never helps when these "vulture capitalists" come in.

Sorry....but i'm not a "guy" :)

Also.....if you expect a company like Bain can save EVERY company that they try to save then you're delusional. Keep listening to the lies that you hear. I think you WANT to believe the lies just because you don't like Romney. That's fine, that's you're choice. But you can go ahead and believe Obama is still going to fix this country. In another 4 years you won't even recognize it, and it won't be for the good.

I stopped recognizing this country years ago... Long before Obama got here.

I stopped recognizing it when Religoius Crazy took over one party and it became that Jesus loved the rich and hated Mexicans.

Romney is a bloodsucking scumbag, and I will take GREAT DELIGHT when he loses.

I noticed your list for Romney's "accomplishments" don't include AmPad, GS Steel, Damon Medical or any of the other companies that went under on his watch.

But hey, keep showing contempt for working people. You keep doing that... and it will come back to bite you in November.

That may be because Conservatives don't consider failed companies to be accomplihsments like you liberal obama supporters seem to think.

That may be because Conservatives don't consider failed companies to be accomplihsments like you liberal obama supporters seem to think.
Real conservatives shouldn't think that failure should be rewarded. Which... Bain did if the business failed or not. The only thing that should be gained from failure is a lesson learned.

Bain Capital is an investment partnership which was formed to invest in startup companies and ongoing companies, then to take an active hand in managing them and hopefully, five to eight years later, to harvest them at a significant profit.
~Willard Romney
‘Harvest,’ as in removing organs from a corpse.

While this is factually inaccurate, you are not helping Romney one bit reinforcing the stereotype that republicans hate the poor, keep it up elitist scum.

Might as well – in for a penny, in for a pound; and at least the honestly is somewhat refreshing.

Forum List

Back