The Curse of the Blues Brothers

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
The IFC channel is showing The Blues Brothers for the umpteenth millionth time.

Aside from Dan Akroyd, see if you can guess who in that movie is not dead by now.

"Jake Blues rejoins with his brother Elwood after being released from prison, but the duo has just days to reunite their old R&B band and save the Catholic home where the two were raised, outrunning the police as they tear through Chicago."

The Blues Brothers (1980) - IMDb

Never liked Belushi, never thought he was funny in the least.
Although the Samurai bit was good.

I preferred Gilda Radner.
I never knew Belushis work other than The Blues Brothers.whatever else he did it cant be denied he was amazing in The Blues Brothers and was the driving force of its success.Elwood all he ever contributed in the movie was constantly saying WERE ON A MISSION FROM GOD.

The IFC channel is showing The Blues Brothers for the umpteenth millionth time.

Aside from Dan Akroyd, see if you can guess who in that movie is not dead by now.

"Jake Blues rejoins with his brother Elwood after being released from prison, but the duo has just days to reunite their old R&B band and save the Catholic home where the two were raised, outrunning the police as they tear through Chicago."

The Blues Brothers (1980) - IMDb

About half the cast is dead. A few were tragic and premature. But many of them were simply old age.

Cab Calloway was 86 when he died.
James Brown was 73
Ray Charles was 73
Duck Dunn was 70
Alan Rubin was 68
Carrie Fisher was 60
Henry Gibson was 73
John Lee Hooker was 83
Kathleen Freeman was 78
Charles Napier was 75
Jeff Morris was 69

I never knew Belushis work other than The Blues Brothers.whatever else he did it cant be denied he was amazing in The Blues Brothers and was the driving force of its success.Elwood all he ever contributed in the movie was constantly saying WERE ON A MISSION FROM GOD.

Dan Aykroyd was doing what he does best. He was the straight man.

I don't think there is a better straight man in the business.

The movie 1942.

About half the cast is dead. A few were tragic and premature. But many of them were simply old age.

Cab Calloway was 86 when he died.
James Brown was 73
Ray Charles was 73
Duck Dunn was 70
Alan Rubin was 68
Carrie Fisher was 60
Henry Gibson was 73
John Lee Hooker was 83
Kathleen Freeman was 78
Charles Napier was 75
Jeff Morris was 69

Apparently the "Curse" of the Blues Brothers is old age...

Forum List

Back