The Cup of Stanley 10-11

Datsuyk had his stick broken just now on a SJ PP. Is he forbidden to go and get a stick or is it just the pressure preventing him from skating over to the bench?

When a player breaks his stick he must drop it immidiately. Failure to do so results in a 2-minute minor.

Once you have a broken stick you can grab another from the bench or one of your teammates (not the goalie) can give you his.

Datsuyk had his stick broken just now on a SJ PP. Is he forbidden to go and get a stick or is it just the pressure preventing him from skating over to the bench?

You're allowed to go to the bench to get another stick, or use somebody else's stick. You can't play with a broken stick though (minor penalty).

It's an unwritten rule though not to leave the defensive zone while on a PK and the puck is in there. Players never do it, too risky.

edit: sorry didn't the post above this.

Uh oh. Sharks take a 2-0 lead in the series.

What do you mean uh oh... Sharks are the better team...

Detroit could only win by whining, preference by the refs and getting pussy fake penalties on the Sharks..

Detroit has great players but their mostly prima donnas.

Last edited:

Detroit could only win by whining, preference by the refs and getting pussy fake penalties on the Sharks..

I think their defense is VERY overrated.

And Howard's not good enough to steal a series.

I think their defense is VERY overrated.

And Howard's not good enough to steal a series.

I think the Sharks are playing at their potential in this series, I just hope it lasts.
The Sharks defense isn't all that strong either. They made plenty of goofy passes out of the D zone in the Kings series. So far.. they've picked it up with Detroit..

Great game today. In Playoff hockey you never get worried unless you lose one at home. 2 games in Detroit coming up....... Detroit should win both. Then we just need to steal one on the road and watch as Thornton and the Sharks do what they do best.....CHOKE!
GO WINGS!!

Great game today. In Playoff hockey you never get worried unless you lose one at home. 2 games in Detroit coming up....... Detroit should win both. Then we just need to steal one on the road and watch as Thornton and the Sharks do what they do best.....CHOKE!
GO WINGS!!

:lol:.. Yup.. that... CHOKE.. thing makes me humble on their chances...

GO WINGS!!

They are pretty confident these days..especially after coming back from a 0-4 deficit against the LA Kings in game 3 of that series. They may have the spunk to get there this year......we'll know soon enough. Either way, the games have been great.

GO WINGS!!

They are pretty confident these days..especially after coming back from a 0-4 deficit against the LA Kings in game 3 of that series. They may have the spunk to get there this year......we'll know soon enough. Either way, the games have been great.

Yup.. Great games...

Seems a little Fan madness has gotten hold of me...:redface:

RedWingsSuckPANTHERS-1-1-1_medium.jpg

Yup.. Great games...

Seems a little Fan madness has gotten hold of me...:redface:

It's ok, as an Islander fan I'm going to have A LOT of fan madness if they ever put out a good team. :lol:

And that's why I predicted the Bruins to make a lot of noise in the playoffs. Tim Thomas is a complete animal. They're playing well as a team, and nice rounded out offense and defense. However If they win this series, Tampa's going to be a real tough matchup.

Forum List

Back