The Country is in a bad marriage.

Some of you have been in a bad marriage, and the rest have seen one. A marriage where all they do is argue, and blame. We are in that marriage right now. The Left won't get over it, and the right won't get over it.

The funny thing is I know when it started. I was there, and I watched it begin. Many of you did too.

Before the impeachment of Bill Clinton, we would compromise. We could work out our differences, and manage to move forward as a nation, slowly, along a more moderate approach, but there was some progress.

Bill Clinton was the turning point. The Right felt that Bill was after their guns, and he signed the Brady Bill and made it a law. In time, the most disturbing parts of the law fell away, but the Right was angry, and wanted revenge. The bad part for the left was that Bill Clinton was Bill Clinton. Not a bad guy, but a horn dog. He told misleading information during a deposition, and gave instructions to a friend who knew what was going on that appeared to expect that friend to lie under oath. So Bill was Impeached. Yes, he was impeached. Not removed from office, but impeached.

The left won in the Senate, and the narrative of Reprehensible but not impeachable carried the day. But the administration of Bill Clinton ended the era of compromise for our nation. After that, it was all about Revenge.

It's like a bad marriage. One spouse does something to hurt the other, and the other wants revenge and sets out to hurt the first. The divorce starts, and both are screaming at the children that the other is awful. The victory comes not in the separation, but by turning the kids against the other.

Back and forth it has gone, we'll get even for that, and they'll get even for this. We no longer want to compromise, we no longer want to find common ground, and we damn sure don't want to work out our differences. We aren't talking, we're shouting at each other.

If this was really a Marriage I'd tell the two sides to get a fucking divorce already. But we are a nation, and we have lost our ability to live together, work together, and talk with each other.

I had a friend who was in a marriage like this some time ago. He got divorced, and he said. "It is better to have loved and lost, than stay married to that bitch for the rest of my life."

The wife had a similar sentiment when I spoke with her.

But we are not in a marriage. We are a nation, and it is approaching the point of no return. We need to learn to set the past aside, and just start looking at the issues and finding common ground. Destroying the other side isn't going to work. You can't do it. Not without a massive civil war and millions of people dead. So everyone just calm down and let's learn to talk to one another again. We did it once. Why can't we do it again?
The couple refuses to have a calm, honest conversation with each other.

All they will do is scream and point the accusatory finger at the other.

I don't know how that gets fixed. Without communication, this only continues to decay.
This sums up what we're all feeling

Yeah. If you support Trump, you are a racist.

The left has lost their minds and they have a long history of violence.

They are like the crazed physically abusive husband.

Interesting that you chose the feminine, victim role in your metaphor.

You can switch genders. I am fine with that.

Now here is a Japanese woman who LOOKS like she is in her 20s and not like a 10-year-old child.

JapaneseWoman_1050x700.jpg

sore wa soo desu ga, hafu no kodomo ga kawaii.

What are the two of you talking about that you have to speak in Japanese? I hope you aren't talking sexual about that child in the picture. That is sick.

You are a retard.

I'm not the one turned on by childish looking women. :D Lol.

You aren't funny. You are embarrassed and are lashing out.

Why should I be embarrassed for pointing out perversion? You should be embarrassed, lusting after what looks like a child.

You are embarrassed because you don't know what we said to each other and your sick brain went to pedophilia. Idiot.

What are the two of you talking about that you have to speak in Japanese? I hope you aren't talking sexual about that child in the picture. That is sick.

You are a retard.

Why should I be embarrassed for pointing out perversion? You should be embarrassed, lusting after what looks like a child.

You are embarrassed because you don't know what we said to each other and your sick brain went to pedophilia. Idiot.

Well, I can easily use google translate, but I figured that I probably don't really WANT to know what you were saying. Maybe you should share it with the board though just so we don't have to feel creeped out. :D

You are a retard.

Well, I can easily use google translate, but I figured that I probably don't really WANT to know what you were saying. Maybe you should share it with the board though just so we don't have to feel creeped out. :D

Onegaishimasu

Some of you have been in a bad marriage, and the rest have seen one. A marriage where all they do is argue, and blame. We are in that marriage right now. The Left won't get over it, and the right won't get over it.

The funny thing is I know when it started. I was there, and I watched it begin. Many of you did too.

Before the impeachment of Bill Clinton, we would compromise. We could work out our differences, and manage to move forward as a nation, slowly, along a more moderate approach, but there was some progress.

Bill Clinton was the turning point. The Right felt that Bill was after their guns, and he signed the Brady Bill and made it a law. In time, the most disturbing parts of the law fell away, but the Right was angry, and wanted revenge. The bad part for the left was that Bill Clinton was Bill Clinton. Not a bad guy, but a horn dog. He told misleading information during a deposition, and gave instructions to a friend who knew what was going on that appeared to expect that friend to lie under oath. So Bill was Impeached. Yes, he was impeached. Not removed from office, but impeached.

The left won in the Senate, and the narrative of Reprehensible but not impeachable carried the day. But the administration of Bill Clinton ended the era of compromise for our nation. After that, it was all about Revenge.

It's like a bad marriage. One spouse does something to hurt the other, and the other wants revenge and sets out to hurt the first. The divorce starts, and both are screaming at the children that the other is awful. The victory comes not in the separation, but by turning the kids against the other.

Back and forth it has gone, we'll get even for that, and they'll get even for this. We no longer want to compromise, we no longer want to find common ground, and we damn sure don't want to work out our differences. We aren't talking, we're shouting at each other.

If this was really a Marriage I'd tell the two sides to get a fucking divorce already. But we are a nation, and we have lost our ability to live together, work together, and talk with each other.

I had a friend who was in a marriage like this some time ago. He got divorced, and he said. "It is better to have loved and lost, than stay married to that bitch for the rest of my life."

But we are not in a marriage. We are a nation, and it is approaching the point of no return. We need to learn to set the past aside, and just start looking at the issues and finding common ground. Destroying the other side isn't going to work. You can't do it. Not without a massive civil war and millions of people dead. So everyone just calm down and let's learn to talk to one another again. We did it once. Why can't we do it again?

Q. Why can't we do it again?

A. In a word: TRUMP! Trump's enemy list is extensive; he attacks the 4th Estate (The Press), patronizes the Third Estate (The Common People), and. is a member American's nobility (i.e. the Second Estate, the 1%). He gives a nod and a wink to the clergy, patronizes Social Conservatives, the NRA and equates legitimate protesters as bad and than equates them with the Neo Fascist Element which is his base, racists, misogynists and haters of all things not White, Anglo-Saxon and Protestant.

Totally off topic, I know, but this reminds me . . . I saw an Asian girl (or woman - she could have been anywhere from 16-25 years old), and she had really short shorts on. I was actually surprised because usually the Asian women I see are dressed rather conservatively and/or more "cutesy". This one had her little tiny flabby white butt cheeks hanging out there.

You are a retard.

Fuck off. You got creeped out by your own demons.

Fuck off. You got creeped out by your own demons.

Well, what were you saying then? Come on. I'm not stupid. Lol. Someone posted a picture of what looked like a little girl. You all started talking in Japanese about her.

What could you have possibly been saying about her? How smart she is? What a nice person she is? Lol.

I don't know how that gets fixed. Without communication, this only continues to decay.

It was your choice to assume the submissive, victim role. I merely commented.

Here's a conversation that illustrates the problem nicely.

By 3rd party intervention. In other words an attack on our homeland by an enemy we can all agree needs destroying. Yeah... It'll take something of that magnitude.
That won't do it. You just saw the left's support and encouragement of North Korea. Moreover, we have a huge population of economic immigrants with no loyalty at all and certainly no recognition of Americans.

Q. Why can't we do it again?

A. In a word: TRUMP! Trump's enemy list is extensive; he attacks the 4th Estate (The Press), patronizes the Third Estate (The Common People), and. is a member American's nobility (i.e. the Second Estate, the 1%). He gives a nod and a wink to the clergy, patronizes Social Conservatives, the NRA and equates legitimate protesters as bad and than equates them with the Neo Fascist Element which is his base, racists, misogynists and haters of all things not White, Anglo-Saxon and Protestant.

IOW the culmination of all that is broken.

He is the malignancy formed from our sick system.
The sickness of unlimited money allowed in to our political process. The sickness of nationwide gerrymandered districts. Eliminate those and districts will become competitive again and the influence of money will wane.

Nice of you to say why.

It's a BS convo that wasn't about anything substantive.

Nice of you to say why.

It's a BS convo that wasn't about anything substantive.
Well, we agree on that.

By 3rd party intervention. In other words an attack on our homeland by an enemy we can all agree needs destroying. Yeah... It'll take something of that magnitude.
That won't do it. You just saw the left's support and encouragement of North Korea. Moreover, we have a huge population of economic immigrants with no loyalty at all and certainly no recognition of Americans.

You just saw the left's support and encouragement of North Korea.

Of course that never happened.
This is a better example of the OP.
Care to comment Mac?

Care to comment Mac?
Yes, both ends of the spectrum are into hyperbole, distortion, denial and outright lies.

Their behaviors are very similar.

I say that all the time.

Did you expect something different? Did you think you "had" me there?

Care to comment Mac?
Yes, both ends of the spectrum are into hyperbole, distortion, denial and outright lies.

I say that all the time.

You commented on my post that was meant as nothing more than a jab.

This is more in line with the OP. I was just curious what you thought.

Care to comment Mac?

I say that all the time.

Try again, Mac. Here is someone who could be your hero. Why not watch him tell you that both sides don't do it equally and one side is reacting to the other?

I voted for Trump to avoid another "liberal" presidency and hoped that he would address some of the issues that concern ME instead of social justice types of things (which I am SO sick of). Also I went with the guy who wasn't threatening one of my rights as a citizen of this country and who said he would follow the Constitution. Also, I did NOT want Hillary appointing Supreme Court justices. Also as a message to BOTH sides of the aisle. One of the things I found MOST attractive about Trump was that both parties really seem to hate his guts. I consider that a good thing.

Forum List

Back