The Civil War

I've aleady [sic] explained my positiion [sic] of the court. .......

What are your qualifications in Constitutional Law? We know you can barely string together a sentence in English.
Appeal to authority.

Next!

You should learn what that means before repeating it again, dumbass.
How am I misusing it?

You clearly don't understand what it means. Why don't you Google, or Wiki, or whatever you ignorant fools do when you're confused?
You claim I don't understand what it means? Prove it. ...

YOU proved it, idiot.

Southerners were not citizens of the Unites States after they seceded.
[/QUOTE]

Yes they were. The so-called secession was illegitimate, illegal, and recognized by exactly 0 nations on this planet earth.
[/QUOTE]
As invading one's own country is an oxymoron, so also is secession from a permanent attachment. The Union all the states joined was thought of as forever, which is why it was called "Perpetual". When the effort to perfect the Union resulted in a reformed Constitution, no language or statement changed the permanent status of that Union. That is the linguistic and spiritual continuity that makes "secession" something one may attempt, but that would be illegal and only possible after the fact; that is, if such a rebellion were to succeed. Secession in 1861 did not succeed and the generosity of the Nation spared the rebels from widespread executions, unlike most civil conflicts. The war itself had cost enough lives. That collective payment for the errors of the founders in continuing slavery should serve as sufficient sacrifice for all Americans to give up the past and shoulder a better future together.

What are your qualifications in Constitutional Law? We know you can barely string together a sentence in English.
Appeal to authority.

Next!

How am I misusing it?

You clearly don't understand what it means. Why don't you Google, or Wiki, or whatever you ignorant fools do when you're confused?
You claim I don't understand what it means? Prove it. Otherwise, shut your fucking yap.

You can't even understand the Wiki page about it? That's pretty fucking sad.

Referring to an authority on a subject is not a fallacy, idiot. Referring to an authority on one subject to 'prove' something about an unrelated subject is a fallacy, idiot. Referring to an authority that does not address the specific issue at hand can be a fallacy, idiot. Referring to a very elite authority on a very specific topic in regards to that specific topic is not a fallacy, idiot.

Have you ever studied logic at any level?

Greg

Yes they were. The so-called secession was illegitimate, illegal, and recognized by exactly 0 nations on this planet earth.
[/QUOTE]
As invading one's own country is an oxymoron, so also is secession from a permanent attachment. The Union all the states joined was thought of as forever, which is why it was called "Perpetual". When the effort to perfect the Union resulted in a reformed Constitution, no language or statement changed the permanent status of that Union. That is the linguistic and spiritual continuity that makes "secession" something one may attempt, but that would be illegal and only possible after the fact; that is, if such a rebellion were to succeed. Secession in 1861 did not succeed and the generosity of the Nation spared the rebels from widespread executions, unlike most civil conflicts. The war itself had cost enough lives. That collective payment for the errors of the founders in continuing slavery should serve as sufficient sacrifice for all Americans to give up the past and shoulder a better future together.
[/QUOTE]

Greg

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Not sure the North wanted to invade Texas, the Everglades, Alabama, the Bayous etc etc etc.......Grant knew that he could NOT overextend his supply lines imo.

Greg

[/QUOTE]
Not sure the North wanted to invade Texas, the Everglades, Alabama, the Bayous etc etc etc.......Grant knew that he could NOT overextend his supply lines imo.

Greg
[/QUOTE]
Any commander knows that.

Lot's of people have claimed otherwise, especially at the time. ......

What country ever recognized the so-called 'confederacy' as a sovereign nation?
The Confederate States of America did(CSA).

That was not a country. It was a criminal enterprise that was rightfully crushed.
You sure about that, chief???

Greg
History is.

That was not a country. It was a criminal enterprise that was rightfully crushed.

Greg
History is.
Whose History?? I've heard some good debates about this issue......back in the 70s. I don't think anyone is stupid for taking either view quite frankly; a tad firm in opinions perhaps. lol

Greg

Last edited:

Greg
History is.
Wrong.

Appeal to authority.

Next!

How am I misusing it?

You claim I don't understand what it means? Prove it. Otherwise, shut your fucking yap.

Referring to an authority on a subject is not a fallacy, idiot. Referring to an authority on one subject to 'prove' something about an unrelated subject is a fallacy, idiot. Referring to an authority that does not address the specific issue at hand can be a fallacy, idiot. Referring to a very elite authority on a very specific topic in regards to that specific topic is not a fallacy, idiot.

If you claim 'A' is true because authority 'B' says it's true, then you have committed a fallacy, and that's exactly what you're doing.

It was U.S. Federal Territory, and Lincoln defended it rightly on that basis. To think otherwise is to dismiss Federal authority altogether (which may be what you want to do).
Lincoln deployed U.S. troops on U.S. soil to suppress a regional rebellion, in strict compliance with his Oath of Office.

No nation on earth ever recognized a sovereign nation calling itself "The Confederate States of America."
It wasn't U.S. soil, nimrod.
By every legal and historical measure it was, douche.
Nope.
Yup.
Nope.
Yup.
Nope.

Appeal to authority.

Next!

How am I misusing it?

The story of the theory of continental proves you are wrong, moron.

:lmao:

Look brainless, if you really want to talk about logic, why not take the time to actually study it at least a little?
I have studied it, moron. Insulting me won't make your argument any less wrong. It's a logical fallacy.

Irrelevant.
Completely relevant, wannabe.
Irrelevant. According to you, the USSR was not a country before 1924. Then after that it was a country. Only a brain damaged imbecile swallows that kind of logic. So tell us, moron, is Taiwan a country? The USA doesn't recognize it as a country, and neither does the U.N.

Greg
History is.
Whose History?? I've heard some good debates about this issue......back in the 70s. I don't think anyone is stupid for taking either view quite frankly; a tad firm in opinions perhaps. lol

Greg

Greg

The details may be debated, but no one (seriously) disputes the American Civil War ended the secession effort. Opinion has nothing to do with it.

Greg
History is.

Greg

Greg

The details may be debated, but no one (seriously) disputes the American Civil War ended the secession effort. Opinion has nothing to do with it.

Genghis Khan wiped out the national ambitions of a lot of people. That's what you're supporting.

Greg
History is.

Greg

Greg

Lee may have just not wanted the "Hillbillies" to take over the South when they defeated the overextended armies of the North. The North knew what happened in the Retreat from Moscow. Hence a cessation /surrender that was mutually agreeable with Pardons. How could a Union army march to Houston???

Greg

The South Was Right!

A couple of facts about the Civil War that aren't usually covered in the typical Jr High School History books.

First of all slavery was legal in the US on the Federal level. It was up to the individual states to have it. It was legal long before the Civil War, during the Civil War and for almost a year after the war.

The great debates that the nation had about slavery prior to the Civil War had nothing to do with real slavery. It had to do with political control in the new Western states. If a new state was going to come in as slave then it was going to be dominated by the Democrats. If non slave then it will be controlled by the Republicans. That would control Congress and political power. Being in controlled of Congress meant having control over the treasury. Follow the money.

Second was the silly crap that the South started hostilities. Secession was a political move, not war.

When the states seceded President Buchanan knew that the issue of Federal facilities could be an issue that could cause hostilities. He established a truce that said he would not reinforce the facilities and the South would not attack. That truce was in effect at Ft Sumter.

However, as soon as that asshole Lincoln took over he broke the truce. He sent a ship to Ft Sumter breaking the truce. He is the one that instigated hostilities. He did it without consulting with Congress or even his Cabinet.

Of course the war really didn't start at ft Sumter. It started when the filthy Yankees sent an army across the Potomac River to kill Southerns, destroy their cities and farms and take away the right to keep and bear arms.

One third of the Southern states first chose not to join the Confederacy. However, after that asshole Lincoln decided to kill Southerners then they changed their mind and joined the Confederacy.

Indeed!

In summation,

In 1860, Abraham Lincoln was elected President of the United States - of all 33 United States.​
Lincoln deployed United States troops on United States soil to suppress a regional rebellion within the United States, in strict compliance with his Oath of Office. The rebellious states cited their determination to perpetuate slavery as their excuse, the demand of special interests within them.​
No nation on earth ever recognized a sovereign nation calling itself "The Confederate States of America" that was an attempt to deprive Americans within their state borders of their United States citizenship.​
Those who attacked the United States from within exacted an enormous price upon the nation, but were defeated and the Union was preserved.​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back