The "Chosen" get shot down- wishful thinking of course-

There will be a Temple in Israel in the very soon approaching End Times, and then will come The AntiChrist or Mahdi and after 7 years The Messiah will come to destroy The AntiChrist armies and Kingdom and cast him and all his followers in Hell.

So you're saying, once they build the temple it'll be seven years before we're rid of Trump and his supporters?

Bummer, seven years is way too long!

@ The Original Tree

The Book of Revelation says there is NO TEMPLE because Jesus is the Temple.

Revelation 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the LORD God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
no sun or moon either------sorta like a nightmare

The tribulation was a nightmare and local.. No sun and no moon would be a poetic description of utter despair and hardship.
OH!!!!! that's a notion I could attribute to hebrew poetry-----but the guy is
describing the ideal WORLD----the world after the cataclysm

There will be a Temple in Israel in the very soon approaching End Times, and then will come The AntiChrist or Mahdi and after 7 years The Messiah will come to destroy The AntiChrist armies and Kingdom and cast him and all his followers in Hell.

So you're saying, once they build the temple it'll be seven years before we're rid of Trump and his supporters?

@ The Original Tree

Revelation 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the LORD God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

The tribulation was a nightmare and local.. No sun and no moon would be a poetic description of utter despair and hardship.

What "cataclysm". It was NEVER about the end of the world.. It was about the end of an age.

@ The Original Tree

What "cataclysm". It was NEVER about the end of the world.. It was about the end of an age.

right----the cataclysmic EVENT that brings about THE DAYS (or era) after the arrival of
the messiah and redemption----Isaiah's poetry

@ The Original Tree

right----the cataclysmic EVENT that brings about THE DAYS (or era) after the arrival of
the messiah and redemption----Isaiah's poetry

Isaiah never mentions Jesus .. He's talking about Israel, God's favorite son, who is the suffering servant.

getting back to the subject. Has SB 327 been removed from the Georgia State
legal code? Gdjjrr ??? has Abby Martin been RE-INVITED to speak at Georgia State?
SOMEBODY must know-------how about SURADA?
Abby Martin Beats the Israel Lobby
Attack on Free Speech and Association Fails Court Test

Many Americans who follow developments overseas would concede that Israel and its supporters in the United States exercise a fairly high level of control over U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East. Some are also aware of Congressional attempts to introduce legislation that would define criticism of the Jewish state as a federal hate crime. That would narrow the options for discussion, infringing on First Amendment free speech rights, and further tighten the grip on policy. It would also make violators of the new law subject to fines and even imprisonment at the hands of the Department of Justice, which has traditionally responded favorably on issues of concern to Israel and its supporters.

snip

In 2016 in Georgia Governor Nathan Deal signed off on a law designated SB 327, which is similar to legislation currently active in at least thirty states. The bill is entitled “State Purchasing; prohibit the state from entering into certain contracts unless such contracts contain a certification; does not presently conduct a boycott of Israel” and reads “A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Part 1 of Article 3 of Chapter 5 of Title 50 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to general authority, duties, and procedure relative to state purchasing, so as to prohibit the state, including all of its subdivisions and instrumentalities, from entering into certain contracts with an individual or company unless such contracts contain a certification that such individual or company does not presently conduct a boycott of Israel and will not conduct such a boycott for the duration of such contract; to exclude certain contracts from these requirements; to provide for definitions; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.”

In simple language, the law requires any person or company that enters into a contract with the State of Georgia worth $1,000 or more to sign a loyalty oath pledging not engage in political boycotts of the Israeli government based on its treatment of Palestinians.

Before commenting, read the article- let we the ignorant know your opinion on the whole thing.
So the NEXT PM is ultra religious Orthodox Jew and was elected with just 5% of the vote.

Kinda like Joe Biden and Assad.

He if for building a Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount at all costs.

So once this guy is PM, you should start reading The Book of Revelation to figure out what is coming next.

Revelation says there is no Temple.

They tried to rebuild it about 300 AD under Emperor Justinian.
I am INTRIGUED Do you have a citation referring to Emperor'
Justinian's efforts to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem?

There are many ..

do you have a CREDIBLE citation? The thing you posted is historic revisionism.
I asked for something to support your assertion that JUSTINIAN wanted to
rebuild the Temple (?) or somebody else circa 300 AD (?) ---and somehow a bunch
of jews took it down STONE BY STONE (?)
You cannot have a valid discussion with someone who believe in the NT.
In all fairness, that works both ways.
Tanach was here way before the NT and the NT has a few thousand misquotes.

Revelation isn't in the Tanach at all.

Revelation 21:22 Commentaries: I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. (22) And I saw no temple therein . . . —Rather, And temple I saw not in it, for the Lord God the Almighty is her temple, and the Lamb.
Revelation is a bunch of horseshit.
I read it in 1999 and almost laughed my guts out at what you guys take seriously.
I bet you laugh at the book of Daniel too.
I imagine you pee yourself reading Ezekiel 38, Isaiah 17, and other prophetic books.

Revelation is just repeating in one book many of the old testament prophecies.

You can look at it as a summary of all the unfulfilled prophecies in the old testament with a little extra detail thrown in.
Daniel was recognized by his peers, not as a prophet, but as having what is called a Separate Spirit, which is why his book is vague.
So he is not a prophet despite his prediction down to the very day when "Messiah would be cut off and have nothing for himself?" I'd say Daniel was one of the greatest prophets at all. The 490 years determined upon Israel or 70 week years is one of the most interesting prophecies in The Bible. At week 69 or 483 years, Messiah was cut off, pausing the prophetic clock.

There are 7 years left, and these are called The Time of Jacob's Trouble or in the New Testament, The Tribulation.

But he's not a prophet, right? Pay no attention to Daniel, right? Even though he predicted the first appearance and crucifixions of Yeshuah, The Messiah who came as Messiah son of Joseph and is returning at the end of Jacob's Trouble as Messiah son of David?

Either everything Daniel said was true, or Daniel is a liar and everything he said is a lie.

Which is it?
There are different levels of seeing beyond the physical realm in which we reside; Ruach Hakodesh is the lowest and most ambiguous.

legal code? Gdjjrr ??? has Abby Martin been RE-INVITED to speak at Georgia State?

Many Americans who follow developments overseas would concede that Israel and its supporters in the United States exercise a fairly high level of control over U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East. Some are also aware of Congressional attempts to introduce legislation that would define criticism of the Jewish state as a federal hate crime. That would narrow the options for discussion, infringing on First Amendment free speech rights, and further tighten the grip on policy. It would also make violators of the new law subject to fines and even imprisonment at the hands of the Department of Justice, which has traditionally responded favorably on issues of concern to Israel and its supporters.

snip

In 2016 in Georgia Governor Nathan Deal signed off on a law designated SB 327, which is similar to legislation currently active in at least thirty states. The bill is entitled “State Purchasing; prohibit the state from entering into certain contracts unless such contracts contain a certification; does not presently conduct a boycott of Israel” and reads “A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Part 1 of Article 3 of Chapter 5 of Title 50 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to general authority, duties, and procedure relative to state purchasing, so as to prohibit the state, including all of its subdivisions and instrumentalities, from entering into certain contracts with an individual or company unless such contracts contain a certification that such individual or company does not presently conduct a boycott of Israel and will not conduct such a boycott for the duration of such contract; to exclude certain contracts from these requirements; to provide for definitions; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.”

In simple language, the law requires any person or company that enters into a contract with the State of Georgia worth $1,000 or more to sign a loyalty oath pledging not engage in political boycotts of the Israeli government based on its treatment of Palestinians.

Before commenting, read the article- let we the ignorant know your opinion on the whole thing.
So the NEXT PM is ultra religious Orthodox Jew and was elected with just 5% of the vote.

So once this guy is PM, you should start reading The Book of Revelation to figure out what is coming next.

There are many ..

Revelation 21:22 Commentaries: I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. (22) And I saw no temple therein . . . —Rather, And temple I saw not in it, for the Lord God the Almighty is her temple, and the Lamb.
I read it in 1999 and almost laughed my guts out at what you guys take seriously.
I imagine you pee yourself reading Ezekiel 38, Isaiah 17, and other prophetic books.

You can look at it as a summary of all the unfulfilled prophecies in the old testament with a little extra detail thrown in.
Daniel was recognized by his peers, not as a prophet, but as having what is called a Separate Spirit, which is why his book is vague.
So he is not a prophet despite his prediction down to the very day when "Messiah would be cut off and have nothing for himself?" I'd say Daniel was one of the greatest prophets at all. The 490 years determined upon Israel or 70 week years is one of the most interesting prophecies in The Bible. At week 69 or 483 years, Messiah was cut off, pausing the prophetic clock.

There are 7 years left, and these are called The Time of Jacob's Trouble or in the New Testament, The Tribulation.

But he's not a prophet, right? Pay no attention to Daniel, right? Even though he predicted the first appearance and crucifixions of Yeshuah, The Messiah who came as Messiah son of Joseph and is returning at the end of Jacob's Trouble as Messiah son of David?

Either everything Daniel said was true, or Daniel is a liar and everything he said is a lie.

Which is it?
When you can figure out all of the imagery of Daniel, write a book.

snip

There are many ..

The Book of Daniel was written to offer comfort and encouragement to the Jews during the persecutions of Antiochus IV and the Maccabbean wars. Daniel is an Historian not a Prophet.
That's your take; fine with me.

snip

Jew hater strikes again. LOL too funny.

Why do you care how terrorists are treated?

snip

There are many ..

I bet you have zero idea of how to understand their imagery revealed to them and the fact that 2 prophets can see the same vison and it means different things to each prophet.

snip

There are many ..

Which is it?

No need.. fine scholars have studied it and written about it. Daniel was written 168-164 BC and loosely based on a 1500 year old Syrian poem from the Ugarit.

snip

There are many ..

Which is it?

No need.. fine scholars have studied it and written about it. Daniel was written 168-164 BC and loosely based on a 1500 year old Syrian poem from the Ugarit.
I know some "scholars"...they're on a payroll.

snip

There are many ..

Which is it?

Some are, but not the best ones.

snip

There are many ..

Which is it?

so true-----scholars who SING FOR THEIR SUPPER

snip

There are many ..

Which is it?

You're hilarious.
I have quite a few relatives who have PhDs and run some of the finest Universities in the US.
Sit down with them for dinner and discover that without their cue cards they are dumb as dogshit.

snip

There are many ..

Which is it?

You're hilarious.
I have quite a few relatives who have PhDs and run some of the finest Universities in the US.
Sit down with them for dinner and discover that without their cue cards they are dumb as dogshit.

I was thinking of the tablets at Ras Shamra ..

One of the most, if perhaps not the most, important aspect of Ugaritic studies is the assistance it gives in correctly translating difficult Hebrew words and passages in the Old Testament. As a language develops the meaning of words changes or their meaning is lost altogether. This is also true of the Biblical text.
Ugarit and the Bible - Quartz Hill School of Theology
www.theology.edu/ugarbib.htm

New Topics

Forum List

Back