The Blob (Steve McQueen)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Not a review but Ive just seen that this is free on Youtube at the moment. I last saw it in the late 70s and it was great fun.

I just watched the episode of Chicago Fire in which his grandson's character gets his face melted off in an explosion.

Not a review but Ive just seen that this is free on Youtube at the moment. I last saw it in the late 70s and it was great fun.
It was excellent sci-fi for the day, depicted the different time, showed people at their best and worst, and made us laugh like hell every time Mrs. Crump (aneta Corsaut of Andy Griffith fame) moaned "Oh Steve,... The little dog!

They airlifted the blob to the Arctic. Global warming would bring it back to life.
I heard is will be back, a week from Friday, at the latest.

It was excellent sci-fi for the day, depicted the different time, showed people at their best and worst, and made us laugh like hell every time Mrs. Crump (aneta Corsaut of Andy Griffith fame) moaned "Oh Steve,... The little dog!
Saying it was excellent for it's day is not saying much, The Brain Eaters, Cosmic Monsters, The Monster From Green Hell, etc. They were great for Drive-Ins if you had the right date. The only reason we remember the movie is it was Steve McQueen's first leading role in a movie. He was paid $2500 to do the movie. There was some great SciFi that came out of the 50's. For example, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Time Machine, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Them, The Incredible Shrinking Man, and The Fly. The Blob is certainly not one of them.

Saying it was excellent for it's day is not saying much, The Brain Eaters, Cosmic Monsters, The Monster From Green Hell, etc. They were great for Drive-Ins if you had the right date. The only reason we remember the movie is it was Steve McQueen's first leading role in a movie. He was paid $2500 to do the movie. There was some great SciFi that came out of the 50's. For example, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Time Machine, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Them, The Incredible Shrinking Man, and The Fly. The Blob is certainly not one of them.
There is a 50s version of the Thing that was quite good.

Honestly I thought it was pretty dumb.
We used to watch the horror movies every Friday night on a show called "The Sammy Terry Show" out of Indianapolis

sammy.jpg

Forum List

Back