Zone1 The Bible vs the RCC Catechism- see the differences!

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
Catechism and the Mass
By Sis. Sandy w/Tracy

Comparison between "Catechism of the Catholic Church"
(published in 1995 by Doubleday, 1540 Broadway, New York, New York 10036)
and the Bible -- the Authorized King James Version of 1611

RCC Catechism Bible
Sacrifice in unbloody manner.
The sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice: "The victim is one and the same: the same now offers through the ministry of priest, who then offered himself on the cross; only the manner of offering is different." In this divine sacrifice which is celebrated in the Mass, the same Christ who offered himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner." (#1367, p.381)
Sacrifice in bloody manner.
If it's the sacrifice of Jesus, it cannot be done in an "unbloody manner." According to the Bible:
"and without the shedding of blood there is no remission." -Heb. 9:22
What happened at Calvary was a ONE time historical event and accomplished its purpose:
"For by ONE OFFERING he HATH PERFECTED for ever them that are sanctified." -Heb.10:14
Jesus sacrificed often.
"When the Church celebrates the Eucharist, she commemorates Christ's Passover, and it is made present. As often as the sacrifice of the Cross by which Christ our Pasch has been sacrificed is celebrated on the altar, the word of our redemption is carried out." (Pg. 380, #1364)
"Every time this mystery is celebrated, 'the work of our redemption is carried on'..." (Pg. 393, #1405)
Jesus sacrificed one time.
(a) According to the Bible, our redemption to put away sin was a ONE TIME ACT which was completed at the cross, and it is said to be FINISHED:
"...by now ONCE in the end of the world hath he [Jesus] appeared TO PUT AWAY SIN by the sacrifice of himself." -Heb. 9:26
"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL." -Heb. 9:26
"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, IT IS FINISHED:" -John 19:30
(b) This sacrifice is NEVER TO BE REPEATED DAILY:
"Who NEEDETH NOT DAILY, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did ONCE, when he offered up himself." -Heb. 7:27
(c) The Bible specifically states that Christ's death was a ONE TIME EVENT:
"So Christ was ONCE offered to bear the sins of many..." -Heb. 9:28
"But this man, after he had offered ONE SACRIFICE FOR SINS FOR EVER, sat down on the right hand of God;" -Heb. 10:12
"For Christ also hath ONCE suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit." -! Peter 3:18
(d) Jesus Christ is not present in the sacrifice of the Mass. There can no longer be an re-enactment of his sacrifice and death. Christ is risen and alive and sits at the right hand of the Father!
"Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin ONCE; but in that he LIVETH, HE LIVETH UNTO GOD." -Rom. 6:9,10
"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not: I am the first and the last: I am he THAT LIVETH, and was dead; and, behold, I AM ALIVE FOR EVERMORE," -Rev. 1:17,18
"But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the RIGHT HAND OF GOD;" -Heb. 10:12
(e) The work of our redemption is not being carried out. Jesus said it is finished. One does not keep working on what has already been accomplished at the cross, the forgiveness of sins.
"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, IT IS FINISHED:.." -John 19:30
"...when he had by himself PURGED our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." -Heb. 1:3
"So Christ was ONCE OFFERED to bear the sins of many;" -Heb. 9:28
"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:" -Col. 1:14
"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." -Rom. 5:1
"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly." -Rom. 5:6
"And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement." -Rom. 5:11
Worship a piece of bread and some wine as Jesus.
"....we express our faith in the real presence of Christ under the species of bread and wine by, among other ways, genuflecting or bowing deeply as a sign of adoration of the Lord. (#1378, p.385)
Do not worship objects.

This is clearly condoning the worship of an object which is forbidden in the second commandment. God has clearly forbidden the worship of any images, and even those which are intended to represent him or any art to do with the Godhead.
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is IN HEAVEN above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:" -Ex. 20:5
"I am the LORD: that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither MY PRAISE to GRAVEN IMAGES." -Isa. 42:8
"We ought not to think the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, GRAVEN BY ART..." -Acts 17:29
Bread & wine help dead people into heaven.
The Eucharistic sacrifice is also offered for the faithful departed who have died in Christ but are not yet wholly purified, so that they may be able to enter into the light and peace of Christ. (#1371, p. 382).
It's too late for dead people.

(a) Don't wait to get right with the real Jesus. It's too late once you are dead, for then comes judgment:
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this THE JUDGMENT." -Heb. 9:27
(b) The eucharist is based a "tradition of men." The Bible tells us God sent his only begotten Son to be the Saviour of the world.
"But AS MANY AS RECEIVED HIM, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." -John 1:12
There is a difference between "universal provision," (Saviour of the world) and "INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION" (as many as received Him). In other words, Jesus paid the price, but you've got to accept it.
Redemption is on-going.
Every time this mystery is celebrated, "the work of our redemption is carried on"..." (#1405, p. 393).
Christ's blood was poured out for our sins at the last supper.
Redemption complete in Jesus.
(a) Again, the Bible says the sacrificial work of redemption is FINISHED. Oh, how the Bible stresses these important facts:
  • On the cross Jesus cried,"It is finished" (John 19:30).
  • He died ONCE (Heb. 7:27, 9:26, 10:12,14),
  • NEVER to be repeated (Rom. 6:9-10; Heb. 10:10); and,
  • THEN SAT DOWN (Heb. 1:3, 10:12; Rev. 3:21).
If you don't believe this, then you are bound to a system that is of Satan. You will forever remain in bondage and fear for the eternal destiny of your soul based on the tradition of men. If you think Jesus is a piece of bread or a statue, you'll go to hell.
(b) Being saved involves no work. No masses to be said, no rosaries, no personal sacrifices, no confessions to a priest to ensure your salvation.
"For by GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH, and that not OF YOURSELVES: it is the GIFT OF GOD; NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast." (Eph. 2:8-9)
Jesus is trapped in a tiny box.
The tabernacle is to be situated "in church in a most worthy place with the greatest of honor. The dignity, placing, and security of the Eucharistic tabernacle should foster adoration before the Lord really present in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar." (#1183, p. 335).
Jesus lives in heaven.
This flies in the face of Scripture itself:
"Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, HEAVEN IS MY THRONE, AND EARTH IS MY FOOTSTOOL; WHAT HOUSE WILL YE BUILD ME? SAITH THE LORD: OR WHAT IS THE PLACE OF MY REST? -Acts 7:48,49
The eucharist is Jesus.
The Eucharist presence of Christ begins at the moment of the consecration and endures as long as the Eucharist species subsist. (#1377, p. 385)
The eucharist is not Jesus.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts and creeping things.
Test the Eucharist. If the Eucharist is to be the ACTUAL body and blood of Jesus Christ at the moment of consecration, then it should not decay.
"He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, NEITHER DID HIS FLESH SEE CORRUPTION."
"For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, NEITHER WILT THOU SUFFER THINE HOLY ONE TO SEE CORRUPTION." -Psalm 16:10
Has the priest ever left the bread (body of Christ) long enough to see if it breeds mold and worms? If it does, it is NOT the Body of Christ!
Please don't be deceived. Believe Jesus died for your sins and he now sits at the right hand of God. Don't believe for one moment that mere men can lock him up in buildings all over the world.
see the chart above- you can clearly see how the catechism is false teaching right next to the Bible.

Catechism and Baptism
By Sis. Sandy w/Tracy

RCC Catechism Bible
Baptism necessary for salvation
"The Lord himself affirms that Baptism is necessary for salvation." (Pg. 352, #1257)
"The Church does not know of any other means other than Baptism that assures entry into eternal beatitude..." (Pg. 352, #1257)
"The faithful are born anew by Baptism.."(Pg. 341, #1212).
Jesus necessary for salvation
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation.. (Simeon speaking of Jesus)
--Luke 2:30
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
--Acts 4:12
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth...
-- Romans 1:16
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ...
--I Thessalonians 5:9
...obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
--2 Timothy 2:10
...the holy scriptures,...are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
--2 Timothy 3:15
For it became him...to make the captain of their salvation [Jesus] perfect through sufferings.
-- Heb 2:10
And being made perfect, he [Jesus] became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
-- Heb 5:9
RCC Catechism Bible
Baptism cleanses us from sin
Baptism not only purifies from all sins, but also makes the neophyte 'a new creature,'an adopted son of God, who has become a 'partaker of the divine nature,' member of Christ and co-heir with him, and a temple of the Holy Spirit." (Pg.354, #1265)
"By Baptism all sins are forgiven, original sin and all personal sins, as well as all punishment for sin." (Pg. 353, #1263. see also pg. 279, #985).
"Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, and are incorporated into the Church..." (Pg. 342, #1213).
Blood of Jesus cleanses us from sin
"In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins..."
--Ephesians 1:7
"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins
--Colossians 1:14
...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
--1 John 1:7
Whom [Jesus] God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past...
--Romans 3:25
...without shedding of blood is no remission.
--Hebrews 9:22
Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
--Hebrews 10:18
RCC Catechism Bible
Sealed by water baptism
"Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." (Pg.356, #1274)
Sealed by the Holy Ghost
"..in whom also after that ye believed, YE WERE SEALED with that HOLY SPIRIT of promise."
--Ephesians 1:13

To Think About...

• If "water baptism" is necessary for salvation as the Catholic religion insists, why did the great apostle Paul say:
    "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel..." --1 Cor. 1:17
    "I thank God that I baptized NONE OF YOU, but Crispus and Gaius;"
    --1 Cor. 1:12
    Answer: Because water baptism is not necessary for salvation.

• BELIEVING on the Lord Jesus Christ is the requirement for salvation, not baptism. The Scriptures are very clear that your salvation depends upon your belief, and your damnation depends upon your unbelief:
    He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth notthe Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. --John 3:36
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    --John 3:16
    "He that believeth on him is not condemned: But he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
    --John 3:18
  • Water baptism symbolizes the believers death, burial and resurrection with Christ (Rom 6:12, Col 2:12), symbolizes washing away of sins (Acts 22:16), and the answer of a good conscience towards God (I Peter 3:21).

• Water baptism comes AFTER one believes on Jesus Christ. Water baptism always follows salvation:
    1. In Acts 8:36-37, The Ethiopian eunuch asked, "See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?"
      And Philip replied, "If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." At this point in verse 39, the believing man was baptized.

2. In Acts 16:30, 31, 33, the Philippian jailer asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
      And Paul replied, "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ, and THOU SHALT BE SAVED..." ...And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes, and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

3. In Acts 18:8, Crispus believed and was then baptized,
      "And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, BELIEVED ON THE LORD with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized."

4. In Acts 2:41, they received the word from Peter and then were baptized.
      "...they that gladly received his word were baptized; and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."

5. Salvation first, THEN water baptism in Acts 8:12:
      "But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." -Acts 8:12

6. Same path in Acts 8:13:
      "Then Simon himself believed also; and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip..."
  • The repentant thief on the cross died without being baptized, but what did Jesus say to him as they hung there? "Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43)

• Performing some ritual like water baptism could NEVER save for we can not be justified before God except through saving faith in Jesus.
    Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. --Galatians 2:16
    But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    --Galatians 3:11
    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
    Romans 3:28
  • What about those who think works like sprinkling of water save?
    Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. --Galatians 5:4

Catechism and Statues/Images
By Sis. Sandy w/Tracy

RCC Catechism Bible
Images increase faith

"Sacred images in our churches and homes are intended to awaken and nourish our faith in the mystery of Christ. Though the icon of Christ and his works of salvation, it is he whom we adore. Through sacred images of the holy Mother of God, of the angels and of the saints, we venerate the persons represented." (Pg. 337, #1192)
Faith comes by hearing the word of God
Nothing short of hearing and doing the Word of God will increase our faith.
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17
Keep images in your home & church
"Following the divinely inspired teaching of our holy Fathers and the tradition of the Catholic Church (for we know that this tradition comes from the Holy Spirit who dwells in her) we rightly define with full certainty and correctness that, like the figure of the precious and life-giving cross, venerable and holy images of our Lord and God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, our inviolate Lady, the holy Mother of God, and the venerated angels, all the saints and the just, whether painted or made of mosaic or another suitable material, are to be exhibited in the holy churches of God, on sacred vessels and vestments, walls and panels, in houses and on streets." (Pg. 328, #1161)
Do not make images
(a) A Catholic will quickly respond, "We don't worship statues!" Please note carefully that it has nothing to do with worshipping statutes [Tracy thinks it does], but MAKING AND HAVING GRAVEN IMAGES. The Catholic church contends that these graven images are "intended to awaken and nourish our faith in the mystery of Christ" which is a transgression against the second commandment:
"Thou shalt not make unto thee ANY GRAVEN IMAGE, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:" -Ex. 20:4
God hates it and continues to command:
"Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD God hath forbidden thee." -Deut. 4:23
God still hates it:
"Neither shalt thou set thee up any image; WHICH THE LORD THY GOD HATETH." -Deut. 16:22
(b) The Bible tells us you have been "corrupted" and therefore are given to graven images:
"Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves...Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female." -Deut. 4:15-16
(c) God forbids the bowing down to statues, which is a common practice in the Catholic church. In the convent I spent many days saying novenas (which is a recitation of prayers and devotion for a special purpose during nine consecutive days), bowing down before a certain statue saying my rosary. The next time you bow down before a statue, remember the following:
"Thou shalt NOT BOW DOWN THYSELF TO THEM, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy am a jealous God..." -Ex. 20:5
(d) Bowing down before statues will not awaken and nourish your faith in the mystery of Christ. Rather, behind every graven image is a devil:
"What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?...the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice TO DEVILS, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils." -1 Cor. 10:19-20
(e) God says to stay away from idols for your own good. Everytime you bow down to one, you bow to the kingdom of Satan. This is not a command which the Lord hath given and He despises the practice. He will not share His glory with graven images, Mary worship or "saint" worship.
"TURN YE NOT UNTO IDOLS, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God." -Lev. 19:4
Tradition says exhibit images

"Following the divinely inspired teaching of our holy Fathers and the tradition of the Catholic Church (for we know that this tradition comes from the Holy Spirit who dwells in her) we rightly define with full certainty and correctness that, like the figure of the precious and life-giving cross, venerable and holy images of our Lord and God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, our inviolate Lady, the holy Mother of God, and the venerated angels, all the saints and the just, whether painted or made of mosaic or another suitable material, are to be exhibited in the holy churches of God, on sacred vessels and vestments, walls and panels, in houses and on streets." (Pg. 328, #1161)
Holy Ghost says do not make images
(a) Does this doctrine come from the Bible? No. The Bible clearly states, "NO IMAGES!" Again, the Roman Catholic Church admits it is another TRADITION. If the Roman Catholic Church also got this tradition from a spirit, it's certainly not the Holy Spirit of the Bible. It is Satan who ALWAYS corrupts and changes the word of God. The spirits of Romanism defy what God has commanded!
It is significant that the Catholic religion says that the Holy Spirit guided this practice of images. Anytime someone attributes the work of Satan to the Holy Ghost they blasphemy. Read Matthew 12:22-24 and 31-32--in this passage, the Pharisees said Jesus cast out devils by Beelzebub the prince of the devils when in actuality He cast them out by the Holy Ghost. He told them:
All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. -Matt. 12:31
There is no Scripture to support her tradition. Ask yourself how these idols will awaken and nourish your faith in the mystery of Christ when you are forbidden to make them and bow down to them? The only conclusion is that these "MEN" (so-called "holy fathers"), "tradition," and another "spirit" set out to violate God's word. Their idols are nothing. They speak not, hear not, see not, and breathe not. They are nothing and benefit nothing.
"The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not; They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths. They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trusteth in them." -Ps. 135:15-18
Jesus says men reject the commandment of God that they may keep their own tradition:
"Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." -Mk. 7:9
Can you really bow down in front of a statute or have them in your home after God has warned us in His word:
"Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God: -Lev.26:1

To Think About...

God's people, including Mary, Joseph, the disciples, who were Jews, were taught from infancy to abhor statues. They were instructed in the ways of God, and the Ten Commandments were very much included.

What would Jesus do if He were to walk in a Roman Catholic Church today with all its statutes? My friend, please read your Bible. There is no evidence in the Bible that any of the apostles, or even Mary, made any prayers to the dead. There is no evidence in the Bible that you are to bow down before statutes so that they will nourish your faith in Christ. They will only corrupt you. There is no evidence in the Bible that your prayers or the prayers of the dead can change a person's eternal destiny. There is plenty of Bible evidence contrary to everyone of these Romanist doctrines.

Each and every person needs to be saved by personally trusting in the finished work of Christ on the cross and His resurrection from the dead, plus nothing. And with that decision, you need only go to the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Your eternal destiny is settled with Him, not your prayers to the saints before graven images.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. -Rom. 10:9

Catechism and Purgatory
By Sis. Sandy w/Tracy

RCC Catechism Bible
Jesus is not enough to purify sins
"All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven." (Pg. 291, #1030)
Jesus purifies from ALL sin

Jesus is Enough and His one-time sacrifice alone saves us to an eternity with God. Jesus nailed our sins to the cross. He took care of business and left none of it undone.
...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from allsin. -1 John 1:7
[Jesus] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross. -Colossians 2:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. - Hebrews 10:14
In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins. - Colossians 1:14
Jesus said that His crucifixion completes the payment for sin. He hung suspended between the earth and heaven for six hours taking the brutal payment for your wickedness and mine. After He had taken on the sins of this whole wicked world, He said these words just before He died,
"It is finished."
John 19:30
Everytime a person says, "I gotta go to purgatory to pay for the rest," he calls Jesus a liar. Out of a love that cannot be comprehended, Jesus died for every sin, past, present and future. All we have to do is believe on Him. He said,
This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. -John 6:29
You cannot pay for your crimes (sins) against God for they are eternal in nature. THAT is why Jesus came. The Everlasting God shed His blood which eternally blots out your transgressions if you'll believe on Jesus Christ. If you think you have anything to offer God outside of believing on Jesus, read on about yourself:
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. - Isaiah 64:6
To say, "We must purify ourselves" negates the work that Jesus did and puts our salvation in your own hands. You'll NEVER make it in on your own. Turn while there is time. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
Purgatory is an intermediate to heaven
"The Church gives the name Purgatory to this final purification of the elect.." (Pg. 291, #1031)
"The Church formulated her doctrine of faith on Purgatory especially at the Councils of Florence and Trent." (Pg. 291, #1031)
Heaven or hell

(a) Nowhere in Scripture does it say one will have to undergo "purification" after death. There is no detour to heaven.
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement." -Heb. 9:27
No amount of purification is necessary in a fictitious place called purgatory. When one accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour, he gets the "free gift" of Salvation, and is immediately justified. Justified means to "declare free from blame." If you are a born again believer, your justification is by the BLOOD (not a limited time in purgatory). There is no punishment for sin in the afterlife.
"Much more then, BEING NOW JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD, we shall be saved from the wraththrough him." -Rom. 5:9
"...by the righteousness of one [Jesus] THE FREE GIFT came upon all men unto JUSTIFICATION of life." -Rom. 5:18
"Being JUSTIFIED FREELY by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:" -Rom. 3:24
"And such were some of you: but ye are WASHED, but ye are SANCTIFIED, but ye are JUSTIFIED in the name of the Lord Jesus.." -Cor. 6:11
(b) To insist that one must go through purification after death before one can get to heaven, is to say the sacrifice of Christ on the cross was insufficient. This would wipe out many passages in the New Testament which tells us of our stand before God now, and after death. God says if you believe on Him, you will not come into condemnation:
"...He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, HATH EVERLASTING LIFE, and SHALL NOT COME INTO CONDEMNATION; but is passed from death to life." -John 5:24
For a born again believer, to die is to gain and to be present with the Lord, not a limited time in purgatory:
"For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." -Phil. 1:21
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." -2 Cor. 5
(c) Should you worry about a place called "purgatory?" Can it be found in the Bible? No. The Church itself ADMITS that it is their own invention. The Council of Trent took place in 1545 and approved this superstitious belief along with many others. The decrees were made by the council of MEN, not the God of the Bible. And those who would refuse to believe the decrees of Rome were under the threat of "anathema," and the curse has not yet been lifted to this day while they cry for unity with Bible believing Christians.
Some people are being purified in purgatory right now
"But at the present time some of his disciples are pilgrims on earth. Others have died and are being purified, while still others are in glory..." (Pg. 270, #954)
The dead are either in heaven or hell

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrathof God abideth on him. - John 3:36
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. -Matthew 25:46
Is the wrath of God abiding on you today? Which will you choose? The real Jesus or the false christ of Romanism?

To Think About...

This Catholic idea of "being purified" (#954, p. 270) is interesting, because the church has yet to define exactly how many prayers, masses, and good works it will take to get one out of purgatory. What kind of contact does the Roman Catholic church have with God in order to know who made it to heaven and those who are still being purified? How do they know?

To believe in a man-made doctrine is to refuse to believe God, who told you eternal life is a free gift. No where did He say you would have to suffer in the afterlife to get it. You get it NOW by BELIEVING ON JESUS CHRIST and what He did for you on the cross. Your sins were taken care of at the cross: past, present, and future. Before Jesus took His last breath, He cried, "IT IS FINISHED." You have been bought with a price, and that price required the BLOOD of God.

"For ye are BOUGHT WITH A PRICE: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." -1 Cor. 6:20
"...feed the church of God, which he hath PURCHASED WITH HIS OWN BLOOD." -Acts 20:28
My friend, Jesus is God. He came down from Heaven and became a man to pay the price for your sins. He has no need for a place called purgatory, because He did it all! It only required ONE SACRIFICE, not yours in purgatory. Ask Jesus into your life to be your Lord and Saviour. Once you do, you will be purged NOW of all sin.

"...when he had by himself PURGED OUR SINS, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." -Heb. 1:3
"There is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION to them which are in Christ Jesus," -Rom. 8:1

Catechism and Bible Interpretation
By Sis. Sandy w/Tracy

RCC Catechism Bible
Only the Magisterium of the Church Can Interpret the Bible
"The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the magisterium of the Church, that is, the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him." #100, p.35
The Holy Ghost Interprets the Bible for Christians

(a) Christians don't need ANY middle man to teach them to understand God's word.
These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
--1 John 2:26-27
We find out in (b) below that it is the Holy Ghost that teacheth us what we need to know from God's word.
(b) Nowhere in the Bible does it say God has entrusted His Scriptures to the Roman Catholic pope or his bishops, nor the interpreting of Scriptures to the pope and his bishops. God Himself interprets Scriptures for His Children.
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
--John 14:26
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH.."
--John 16:13
(c) We disciples are commanded in God's word to STUDY the Bible. It does not say we are to leave it up to others:
"STUDY to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH."
--2 Tim. 2:15
(d) God did not leave the Scriptures for private interpretation to any leaders of any organization.
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any PRIVATE INTERPRETATION."
--2 Peter 1:20
(e) If it were impossible for us to understand the Scriptures, Jesus would have never rebuked the Sadducees for making errors:
"And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?"
--Mark 12:24
(f) God will give you more understanding than all your teachers, including the pope and his bishops because:
"O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation."
--Ps. 119:97-99

Catechism and Confirmation
By Sis. Sandy w/Tracy

RCC Catechism Bible
Confirmation Gives Holy Spirit
"Confirmation perfects Baptismal grace; it is the sacrament which gives the Holy Spirit in order to root us more deeply in the divine filiation, incorporate us MORE FIRMLY into Christ, strengthen our bond with the Church.." (#1316, p. 367)
God Gives Holy Spirit
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
Luke 11:13
Confirmation Puts Us More Firmly in Christ
"Confirmation perfects Baptismal grace; it is the sacrament which gives the Holy Spirit in order to root us more deeply in the divine filiation, incorporate us MORE FIRMLY into Christ, strengthen our bond with the Church.." (#1316, p. 367)
"Confirmation, like Baptism, imprints a spiritual mark or indelible character on the Christian's soul..." (#1317, p. 367)
You are either "in Christ" or "out of Christ"
(a) No such thing as being more "firmly" into Christ. One is either "In Christ, or "Out" of Christ.
"Therefore if any man be IN CHRIST, he is a new creature; old things are passed away, behold, all things are beome new.
--2 Cor. 5:17
(b) Once you are "IN CHRIST," nothing can take you out of Christ.
...him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
--John 6:37
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is IN CHRIST JESUS our Lord."
--Rom. 8:38-39
(c) No need to be more "firmly incorporated into Christ." "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are IN CHRIST JESUS, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."
--Rom. 8:1
(d) There is nothing in the Bible about "imprinting a spiritual mark on a Christian's soul. This being the case, why does the Catholic religion practice this? Because it is CATHOLIC TRADITION, NOT God's word.
Confirmation Binds People to the Catholic Religion
"For by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly BOUND TO THE CHURCH..."[Roman Catholic Church] (#1285, p. 358)
Confirmation Binds People to Satan

Jesus makes people free, but Satan binds them in prision. In Isaiah 14:16-17 the people look at a cast down, brought down Lucifer asking:
Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; that made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisioners?
The Catholic religion binds people to its own traditions which are the opposite of God's. Does not Satan pervert and turn inside out everything that God says? God told Adam "Don't eat from the tree. What did Satan tell Eve? "Eat from the tree." God says, "I'll seal you with my Holy Spirit." Satan says, "The priest will seal you with my Holy Spirit."
No need to be "bound" to the rituals of the Roman Catholic Church. Christ doesn't "bind" you to man-made traditions. He sets people FREE!
"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be FREE INDEED."
--John 8:36
"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith CHRIST hath made us free.."
--Gal. 5:1
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.
-- Luke 4:18

Catechism and Pope as Vicar of Christ
By Sis. Sandy w/Tracy

RCC Catechism Bible
The Pope is the Head of the Church
"For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered." (#882, p. 254)
Jesus is the Head of the Church

God did not appoint Korol Wojtyla (John Paul II) to be the universal power over the whole Church. The Bible says the Lord Jesus Christ is the head of the church:
"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as CHRIST IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH..." -Eph. 5:23
The Pope is the Supreme Pastor and Teacher
"The Roman Pontiff...as supreme pastor and teacher of all the faithful.." (#891, p. 256)
The Holy Ghost is the Supreme Teacher

The Pope's position as "supreme pastor and teacher" is null and void, for the Bible says this position is already filled by someone else, and He will abide forever. Thus, there is no need to elevate Korol Wojtyla to take over the job that is reserved for the Holy Spirit alone.
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
--John 14:26
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH..."
-John 16:13
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you FOR EVER;"
--John 14:16
The Pope has Ultimate Power Over Every Soul
"The Pope enjoys, by divine institution, supreme, full, immediate, and universal power in the care of souls" (#937, p.267)
"For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered." (#882, p. 254)
A Great Christian is a Servant

(a) The disciples questioned among themselves who would be the greatest leader and Jesus told them that the greatest are the biggest servants. Jesus and John the Baptist were quite unlike Korol the pope with his big fancy hats and white royal attire and "power which he can ALWAYS exercise UNHINDERED (one aspect of a cult--a charismatic leader who tells followers what to do.)
But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Matthew 20:25-28
(b) Korol Wojtyla, the current pope, allows himself to be called "Holy Father". This term is found ONCE in the entire Bible. It is in the garden of Gethsemane and Jesus is praying to God the Father:
...Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
John 17:11
Romanists call the pope God!!!!!! And Korol accepts it--even expects it!!!!!
(c) To take the name "Holy" father, is to try to steal God's glory and take a title that belongs to God alone. God is exceeding angry about this situation.
"Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for THOU ONLY ARE HOLY..."
--Rev. 15:4
"I am the LORD: that is my name: and MY GLORY WILL I NOT GIVE TO ANOTHER..."
--Isa. 42:8
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
Exodus 34:14

The virgin Mary
DID NOT remain a virgin.
Keywords: Virgin Mary, virgin, Mary, immaculate conception​

Catholics are taught to adore and pray to a pagan goddess named Mary--she is NOT the Mary of the Bible. Roman Catholics are also taught to call Mary "The Queen of Heaven", a devil which is identified by this exact name in the Jeremiah chapters 7 and 44 (identified as a devil with Deuteronomy 32:16-17). The worship of the Queen of Heaven angers God (ref. Jeremiah 7:18). According to Catholic heresy and blasphemy, she was
  • born without sin,
  • helped Jesus pay for our sins; and,
  • basicallly intercedes for us to calm God down because he just wants to punish us all the time! [WHO EVEN WANTS TO SPEAK OF THESE BLASPHEMIES?]

None of this can be supported by the word of God, the Bible.
In this article we are going to deal with the virginity of Mary. The Roman Catholic institution claims that Mary remained a virgin FOREVER. The Bible, on the other hand, says that she was a virgin when the Holy Ghost put Jesus in her womb. After Jesus was born, however, she and her husband, Joseph, had normal marital relations and other children. Let's take a look at what the BIBLE says:
Joseph had intimate relations with Mary after Jesus was born. He was her husband, what else could one expect?
Matthew 1:24-25, Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not [this means he did not have relations with her] TILL SHE HAD BROUGHT FORTH HER FIRSTBORN SON: and he called his name JESUS.
Jesus' unbelieving neighbors were amazed by his power because they knew his whole family--his mother, Joseph, his SISTERS, and his BROTHERS. When these unbelievers referred to Jesus' brothers and sisters they were in no wise referring to his disciples. It is obvious that they were talking about his physical family who they all knew and grew up with.
Mark 6:3 Is not this [referring to Jesus] the carpenter, the son of Mary, the BROTHER of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not HIS SISTERS here with us? And they were offended at him.
John's gospel records a fulfilled prophesy (John 2:17) from the book of Psalms (Psalm 69:8-9)--in it, Jesus tells us that he has brothers and sisters.
John 2:17, And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.
Psalms 69:8-9 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto MY MOTHER'S CHILDREN. For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
Why was he an alien to his mother's children? Jesus' brothers did not believe in him.
John 7:5 For neither did his brethren believe in him.
The apostle Paul saw the Lord Jesus' half-brother James.
Galatians 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.
The Catholic religion says the word translated "brother" should be "cousin". Wrong again. The word "cousin" is clearly found in the scripture and it means--you've got it--cousin!
Luke 1:36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. Luke 1:58 And her neighbours and her cousins heard how the Lord had shewed great mercy upon her; and they rejoiced with her.

Catechism and the Mass
By Sis. Sandy w/Tracy

RCC Catechism Bible
Sacrifice in unbloody manner.
The sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice: "The victim is one and the same: the same now offers through the ministry of priest, who then offered himself on the cross; only the manner of offering is different." In this divine sacrifice which is celebrated in the Mass, the same Christ who offered himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner." (#1367, p.381)
Sacrifice in bloody manner.
If it's the sacrifice of Jesus, it cannot be done in an "unbloody manner." According to the Bible:

What happened at Calvary was a ONE time historical event and accomplished its purpose:
Jesus sacrificed often.
"When the Church celebrates the Eucharist, she commemorates Christ's Passover, and it is made present. As often as the sacrifice of the Cross by which Christ our Pasch has been sacrificed is celebrated on the altar, the word of our redemption is carried out." (Pg. 380, #1364)
"Every time this mystery is celebrated, 'the work of our redemption is carried on'..." (Pg. 393, #1405)
Jesus sacrificed one time.
(a) According to the Bible, our redemption to put away sin was a ONE TIME ACT which was completed at the cross, and it is said to be FINISHED:

(b) This sacrifice is NEVER TO BE REPEATED DAILY:

(c) The Bible specifically states that Christ's death was a ONE TIME EVENT:

(d) Jesus Christ is not present in the sacrifice of the Mass. There can no longer be an re-enactment of his sacrifice and death. Christ is risen and alive and sits at the right hand of the Father!

(e) The work of our redemption is not being carried out. Jesus said it is finished. One does not keep working on what has already been accomplished at the cross, the forgiveness of sins.
Worship a piece of bread and some wine as Jesus.
"....we express our faith in the real presence of Christ under the species of bread and wine by, among other ways, genuflecting or bowing deeply as a sign of adoration of the Lord. (#1378, p.385)
Do not worship objects.

This is clearly condoning the worship of an object which is forbidden in the second commandment. God has clearly forbidden the worship of any images, and even those which are intended to represent him or any art to do with the Godhead.
Bread & wine help dead people into heaven.
The Eucharistic sacrifice is also offered for the faithful departed who have died in Christ but are not yet wholly purified, so that they may be able to enter into the light and peace of Christ. (#1371, p. 382).
It's too late for dead people.

(a) Don't wait to get right with the real Jesus. It's too late once you are dead, for then comes judgment:

(b) The eucharist is based a "tradition of men." The Bible tells us God sent his only begotten Son to be the Saviour of the world.

There is a difference between "universal provision," (Saviour of the world) and "INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION" (as many as received Him). In other words, Jesus paid the price, but you've got to accept it.
Redemption is on-going.
Every time this mystery is celebrated, "the work of our redemption is carried on"..." (#1405, p. 393).
Christ's blood was poured out for our sins at the last supper.
Redemption complete in Jesus.
(a) Again, the Bible says the sacrificial work of redemption is FINISHED. Oh, how the Bible stresses these important facts:
  • On the cross Jesus cried,"It is finished" (John 19:30).
  • He died ONCE (Heb. 7:27, 9:26, 10:12,14),
  • NEVER to be repeated (Rom. 6:9-10; Heb. 10:10); and,
  • THEN SAT DOWN (Heb. 1:3, 10:12; Rev. 3:21).
If you don't believe this, then you are bound to a system that is of Satan. You will forever remain in bondage and fear for the eternal destiny of your soul based on the tradition of men. If you think Jesus is a piece of bread or a statue, you'll go to hell.
(b) Being saved involves no work. No masses to be said, no rosaries, no personal sacrifices, no confessions to a priest to ensure your salvation.
Jesus is trapped in a tiny box.
The tabernacle is to be situated "in church in a most worthy place with the greatest of honor. The dignity, placing, and security of the Eucharistic tabernacle should foster adoration before the Lord really present in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar." (#1183, p. 335).
Jesus lives in heaven.
This flies in the face of Scripture itself:
The eucharist is Jesus.
The Eucharist presence of Christ begins at the moment of the consecration and endures as long as the Eucharist species subsist. (#1377, p. 385)
The eucharist is not Jesus.

Test the Eucharist. If the Eucharist is to be the ACTUAL body and blood of Jesus Christ at the moment of consecration, then it should not decay.

Has the priest ever left the bread (body of Christ) long enough to see if it breeds mold and worms? If it does, it is NOT the Body of Christ!
Please don't be deceived. Believe Jesus died for your sins and he now sits at the right hand of God. Don't believe for one moment that mere men can lock him up in buildings all over the world.
see the chart above- you can clearly see how the catechism is false teaching right next to the Bible.
I am not going to defend the Roman Catholic catechism because if I believed all that, I would be Roman Catholic and I am not. But I have worked with, worked for, worshipped with, traveled with, collaborated with Roman Catholic Bishops, Priests, Deacons, parishioners and it was all good and all were good people. They believe the Catechism and it doesn't hurt them or you or me that they do.

I believe they and I worship the same God and will got o the same Heaven and we will be on quite equal footing there. And we'll all have a really good laugh when we all find out how much of all this we got wrong.

I am not going to defend the Roman Catholic catechism because if I believed all that, I would be Roman Catholic and I am not. But I have worked with, worked for, worshipped with, traveled with, collaborated with Roman Catholic Bishops, Priests, Deacons, parishioners and it was all good and all were good people. They believe the Catechism and it doesn't hurt them or you or me that they do.

I believe they and I worship the same God and will got o the same Heaven and we will be on quite equal footing there. And we'll all have a really good laugh when we all find out how much of all this we got wrong.
You obviously did not read anything.

ill believe the bible over the heretical version of the rcc. Most catholics are on their way to hell.
I'm pretty sure the Bible I read informs me that it is not my prerogative to decide who goes to hell and who doesn't. It is my job to love God with all my heart and soul and mind and to love people. Also the Bible teaches that we have all sinned and fallen short. Jesus didn't die just for Jews or Gentiles, Baptists, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, etc. etc. etc. And I'm pretty sure loving God and helping him love others through us is of very much more importance than our dogma, theology or what church tradition we happen to belong to.

ill believe the bible over the heretical version of the rcc. Most catholics are on their way to hell.
All Christians believed the same thing prior to a mortal man, Martin Luther, deciding there were a whole host of rules He didn't like, including key many core teachings of the Church. Meanwhile there are a whole group of indisputably universally recognized as great people, the canonized Saints, who believed every part of Roman Catholicism, and are certainly in Heaven. I tend to go with those people.

All Christians believed the same thing prior to a mortal man, Martin Luther, deciding there were a whole host of rules He didn't like, including key many core teachings of the Church. Meanwhile there are a whole group of indisputably universally recognized as great people, the canonized Saints, who believed every part of Roman Catholicism, and are certainly in Heaven. I tend to go with those people.
YOU DID NOT READ ANY OF MY POSTS. If you did you will clearly see how the rcc teaches opposite of the Bible!

I'm pretty sure the Bible I read informs me that it is not my prerogative to decide who goes to hell and who doesn't. It is my job to love God with all my heart and soul and mind and to love people. Also the Bible teaches that we have all sinned and fallen short. Jesus didn't die just for Jews or Gentiles, Baptists, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, etc. etc. etc. And I'm pretty sure loving God and helping him love others through us is of very much more importance than our dogma, theology or what church tradition we happen to belong to.
its our job to be bereans of the Word. And warn others of false doctrine!

its our job to be bereans of the Word. And warn others of false doctrine!
There are many doctrines, all written by human beings, even those who tried diligently to obey the teachings of the Bible with them. And there are also many different understandings of what most of those teachings mean.

But my doctrine is pretty much based on Matthew 22:
"
34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ d 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Then of course there is John 14:6,7 Verses 6, 7. - Jesus saith to him, I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had learned to know me, ye would have known. . .

So in light of that I am not all that interested in manmade doctrines but also understand that there are many ways that people come to know and worship the Lord. Who am I to say who is wrong and who is right unless a person sits down and take dictation from God Himself?

Maybe the catechisms of the Roman Catholic Church are wrong, but many have come to know and love the Lord by following them just the same. They do not promote sin so I accept them as right for Roman Catholics. I certainly have felt the Spirit's presence in Roman Catholic worship. I don't agree with many of the Catechisms but I respect that others do.

Again I think when we all meet in Heaven we'll have a really good laugh at how much of all this we all got wrong. :)

There are many doctrines, all written by human beings, even those who tried diligently to obey the teachings of the Bible with them. And there are also many different understandings of what most of those teachings mean.

But my doctrine is pretty much based on Matthew 22:
"
34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ d 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Then of course there is John 14:6,7 Verses 6, 7. - Jesus saith to him, I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had learned to know me, ye would have known. . .

So in light of that I am not all that interested in manmade doctrines but also understand that there are many ways that people come to know and worship the Lord. Who am I to say who is wrong and who is right unless a person sits down and take dictation from God Himself?

Maybe the catechisms of the Roman Catholic Church are wrong, but many have come to know and love the Lord by following them just the same. They do not promote sin so I accept them as right for Roman Catholics. I certainly have felt the Spirit's presence in Roman Catholic worship. I don't agree with many of the Catechisms but I respect that others do.

Again I think when we all meet in Heaven we'll have a really good laugh at how much of all this we all got wrong. :)
you are deceived.

you are deceived.
Perhaps. But I'm pretty happy with my relationship with the Lord and I'm not getting instructions to believe any differently nor can anybody convince me that we're supposed to believe and worship via a strict set of instructions as the Sadducees and Pharisees required. I'm pretty sure God is far more impressed by the love in our hearts and our choice to be a positive influence in the world than He is impressed by our theology.

Perhaps. But I'm pretty happy with my relationship with the Lord and I'm not getting instructions to believe any differently nor can anybody convince me that we're supposed to believe and worship via a strict set of instructions as the Sadducees and Pharisees required. I'm pretty sure God is far more impressed by the love in our hearts and our choice to be a positive influence in the world than He is impressed by our theology.
are you born again? are you saved? if so, how do you know?

Forum List

Back