The A&E Duck Boycott

Ran across this just now

The Duck Dynasty stuff you see in the stores is an A&E merchandising entitey.
If you want to get Duck Commander or Buck Commander items direct from the Robertson’s
you’ll have to go to their website. I’m not sure if any of their stuff is sold in stores
outside of West Monroe La. The Robinson’s may get a cut of the sales but I don’t know
their arrangement.

Duck Commander:

Duck Commander

Buck Commander:

Buck Commander

Duck Commander is sold all over the world.

The Duck Dynasty stars were boycotted by Christians because of their wine trademark also.
So you not only have gays, remarried people, blacks mad at Phil, you also have the Christians.

Do you know how cheap a reality show is to produce?

We had a worker from a channel come here to buy something for a t.v. show. He asked me if I ever watched the show and I pleaded my ignorance and he wanted to know why. I just don't have time for a lot of television.

Apparently they have a budget and they didn't spend a lot or weren't allowed to spend a lot on a prop from our company.

Here's the deal, these shows, like all shows actually even the fully produced stuff (non 'reality') is run by an executive producer, who basically owns the show. It's how a guy like Bill Kurits became profoundly wealthy with all the crime shows he did for A&E back when the network ran stuff like COLD CASE FILES. Anyway, all producers are thieves, with the most prolific usually as the most scummy. They budget nothing, then reap all the cash in the end. I had a chance to do some work for a show and the pay was ZERO. I mean nothing. The douchebag salesman producer tired to sell me "the experience" and "exposure" as payment enough and shouldn't I feel lucky.

The entertainment industry are the real robber barons, but Wal-Mart is the whipping boy. Amazing.

The Dixie Chicks got boycotted and that was the fans' right to do so.

Same with Phil.

We will still watch, of course.

“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty,” the network said in a statement Wednesday. “His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.”
?Duck Dynasty? star suspended for anti-gay remarks | FOX2now.com

Some of the sponsors are threatening A&E too.

The network is shitting themselves right about now.

People are fucking fed up. Nothing the guy said in that interview could even be remotely construed as hateful or bigoted.

The Faggot Lobby jumped the shark this time. They've been emboldened through many years now of getting their way.

Exactly, and the media is fanning this flame with their ridiculous titles like
'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks | Yahoo TV - Yahoo TV

Do you know how cheap a reality show is to produce?

We had a worker from a channel come here to buy something for a t.v. show. He asked me if I ever watched the show and I pleaded my ignorance and he wanted to know why. I just don't have time for a lot of television.

Apparently they have a budget and they didn't spend a lot or weren't allowed to spend a lot on a prop from our company.

Here's the deal, these shows, like all shows actually even the fully produced stuff (non 'reality') is run by an executive producer, who basically owns the show. It's how a guy like Bill Kurits became profoundly wealthy with all the crime shows he did for A&E back when the network ran stuff like COLD CASE FILES. Anyway, all producers are thieves, with the most prolific usually as the most scummy. They budget nothing, then reap all the cash in the end. I had a chance to do some work for a show and the pay was ZERO. I mean nothing. The douchebag salesman producer tired to sell me "the experience" and "exposure" as payment enough and shouldn't I feel lucky.

The entertainment industry are the real robber barons, but Wal-Mart is the whipping boy. Amazing.

I too quite the entertainment industry because of the low or no pay.

I too quite the entertainment industry because of the low or no pay.

They know there are thousands of hungry creators who will take that job for nothing. Honestly I don't get it. If I ever got to that position I would pay a fair wage to good people.

Ran across this just now

The Duck Dynasty stuff you see in the stores is an A&E merchandising entitey.
If you want to get Duck Commander or Buck Commander items direct from the Robertson’s
you’ll have to go to their website. I’m not sure if any of their stuff is sold in stores
outside of West Monroe La. The Robinson’s may get a cut of the sales but I don’t know
their arrangement.

Duck Commander:

Duck Commander

Buck Commander:

Buck Commander

Duck Commander is sold all over the world.

This comment I posted is from another site I was on and was with this article from CNN

"Duck Dynasty" isn't just a smash-hit TV show, it's a merchandising powerhouse.

It's too soon to tell if retailers will pull the clan's products from their shelves after Phil Robertson made homophobic comments in an interview with GQ magazine. However the A&E network did suspend the reality show star.

all of it here
Duck Dynasty is a retail powerhouse - Dec. 19, 2013

a lot of links with this at site

SNIP:

DUCK STORM: Over Half a Million Sign A&E Boycott After Duck Dynasty Star Is Fired

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, December 19, 2013, 10:38 AM
Duck Storm—
512,000 (So far) Sign A&E Boycott Facebook Page After Duck Dynasty Star Is Fired
duck boycott
From the boycott page: This page is to show support for the freedom of speech of Americans.
Unless Phil is reinstated to the show, we refuse to watch the A&E Channel!

Drudge has the latest:

ALL of it here
DUCK STORM: Over Half a Million Sign A&E Boycott After Duck Dynasty Star Is Fired | The Gateway Pundit

I have always ALWAYS been pro gay rights. It was awful, knowing partners had no say when the other partner was ill and in the hospital...or worse, died...and the family of the person refused what they lived when together, etc. Now? Like my mistrust of Hillary, I am also getting fed up with the INTOLERANCE of SOME gays in screetching about their offended noses when someone speaks out that they do NOT condone their lifestyle. Do I CONDONE it myself? No. But love is love and who am I to judge? Do they deserve some kind of protection for each other as partners just as husband and wives do? A resounding YES. Do they have a right to cause such angst and hate if someone speaks against their lifestyle? NO.

Enough already.

Now, if someone thinks I am a homophobe, then fine. That is your opinion and you are entitled to speak that opinion. Just as I have a right to speak mine. It's called TOLERANCE. Some need to look that up in the dictionary a few times and mull it over until it finally slams home in some empty heads.

I can understand the network taking this sort of action when someone says something offensive, but jesus h. christ if what he said was offensive to you then you're one seriously thin-skinned faggot... no offense.

The Duck Dynasty stars were boycotted by Christians because of their wine trademark also.
So you not only have gays, remarried people, blacks mad at Phil, you also have the Christians.

No need to link your meanderings, I like the comedy..:lol:

I can understand the network taking this sort of action when someone says something offensive, but jesus h. christ if what he said was offensive to you then you're one seriously thin-skinned faggot... no offense.

yea they didn't bother to scrutinize what he said they prolly went straight to listening to what the whiners were all saying about it

Forum List

Back