Was A&E wrong to put Phil Robertson on hiatus (Duck Dynasty)

Was A&E wrong to put Phil Robertson on hiatus (Duck Dynasty)

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Not sure/don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
I said No because Liberalism (Progressivism/Communism) is based on not being able to tolerate dissenting opinions. A&E has been dying to get Duck Dynasty off the air ever since they realized that the Robertsons prayed and would not back down from clipping out praying or references to Jesus, and not the Illegal alien Democrat Voter Jesus either

A&E did us a favor in showing how totally intolerant the Left is

I hope the family tells A&E to stick it.
It's the most watched cable show in history. I'm sure another network would be more then happy to pick them up.
And on the plus side A&E will lose some serious bucks in advertising.

If the dude breached any agreement in his contract, then the network was in the right. If, however, there is no bind in the contract (which I am certain that there is) then he has ground for legal recourse. But ultimately, it should be the contract that determines such a dispute.

Without a contract, the network is private and can make their own decision regardless of public outcry or whining,.

I voted yes, even though I'm glad A&E showed they are more interested in a fringe group's whining bullshit than in freedom of expression.

There's going to be major fallout against the FAG LOBBY sometime soon. Good.

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other." -- Guess who

LOL

The duck calls are out of stock.

Just tried to buy one as a gift for my brother and I got "Out of Stock" on 8 different tries

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other." -- Guess who

Let me guess.....the dude that was 'suspended'?

It would be nice if others were more respectful of individual freedom of speech, but thats just not how the commercial world works. Therefore, contract law for the win.

Voted no, I wouldn't want a man like that representing a show I was directly involved in. He has every right to his opinion, but just like anything there are consequences to ones opinion(s) good or bad.

Good decision on A & E's part...he needs to go for good. No need for apologies or press conferences. Those are his beliefs.

I wouldn't want a man like that representing a show I was directly involved in.
I do nt believe the views and opinions expressed encompassed the entire body of the show. It wasn't a representation of the show, it was a personal opinion.

Anyway, A&E can make their own decisionns.

Voted no, I wouldn't want a man like that representing a show I was directly involved in. He has every right to his opinion, but just like anything there are consequences to ones opinion(s) good or bad.

Good decision on A & E's part...he needs to go for good. No need for apologies or press conferences. Those are his beliefs.

It would not bother me at all as long as it had no bearing on the show. Those are his opinions. That said, AE is private and they can force anyone out.

If the dude breached any agreement in his contract, then the network was in the right. If, however, there is no bind in the contract (which I am certain that there is) then he has ground for legal recourse. But ultimately, it should be the contract that determines such a dispute.

Without a contract, the network is private and can make their own decision regardless of public outcry or whining,.

Having a right does not make it right.

If A&E had a problem with Christianity they should have never put DD on the air in the first place.

How has his opinion affected the network?

Forum List

Back