The 30 Most Iconic Movie Songs Of All Time

Go here for the list.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The first song that came to my mind is nowhere to be found: "I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow" from the O Brother Where Art Thou film. (shaking my head)
Before I look at the list I will give mine.

Highway to the Danger zone. Top Gun.
I will always love you. The Bodyguard?
Probably a Celine Dion song from Titanic

I can't think of any more. Now I will look at your list.

Maybe it's because I just watched the movie the other night, but the first one to pop into my head was "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" from "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid"...
I can think of a lot of tv show theme songs but not a lot of songs that remind me of movies pop into my head. But then you mention it and yes, Raindrops keep falling on my head is a good one. You hear the song and it makes you think of the movie.

What other songs remind me of movies?

Misirlou makes me think of Pulp Fiction​

Not a "song" per se (as in something you'd hear on the radio) but Dave Grusin's theme music from the Tom Cruise movie "The Firm" is pretty recognizable...

Every time I hear the Huey Lewis & the News song "Hip to be Square" I can't help but think of this scene from the movie American Psycho.

There are songs and there are Soundtracks

For Soundtracks, I think of

Godfather
Jaws
Star Wars

We all have our own ideas about what the most popular movie themes are, it just boils down to what you probably hear the most.
Examples: The Magnificent Seven, Jaws, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Last of the Mohicans, The Lion King, James Bond theme and Star Trek.

We all have our own ideas about what the most popular movie themes are, it just boils down to what you probably hear the most.
Examples: The Magnificent Seven, Jaws, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Last of the Mohicans, The Lion King, James Bond theme and Star Trek.
Good ones

When I was in Matamoras, Mexico, I bought a clay ocarina from some kid at a roadside stand.

Every time I pick it up, I can't help but play the motif from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on it.

Is this on the list?

It doesn't get more iconic than this!

:)

Tara's theme (1939 Gone with the wind) Max Steiner​

Forum List

Back