That is Right Scott Brown, Its THE PEOPLE'S government not the parties

Very mavericky of Brown to say that. Of course then you have to wonder why is he a REPUBLICAN,

and not an Independent?

The way you describe republicans and the way TRUE republicans think are not one in the same NYcarbineer.

Your view of republicans is skewed and therefore your comments about them become innacurate.

It reminds me of the straw man

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.
Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
Person B attacks position Y.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

Very mavericky of Brown to say that. Of course then you have to wonder why is he a REPUBLICAN,

and not an Independent?

The way you describe republicans and the way TRUE republicans think are not one in the same NYcarbineer.

Your view of republicans is skewed and therefore your comments about them become innacurate.

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

You're the chosen authority on what a real Republican is? lol

and not an Independent?

Person A has position X.

Im as much an authority as you are :rofl:

I read an article on her that she did not prosecute a police officer for raping a 23 MONTH old with a hot curling iron because there was an election going on that she did not want to turn. The mother of this child had to force it and filed charges on her own. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Gee, all this background info suddenly comes to light. And here I thought it was only the Democrats who were running a smear campaign there.

Maggie this is OLD news and its source was the boston globe.

Coakley details her role in 1995 probation deal for Geoghan - The Boston Globe

I know it's old. That was my point.

You have a problem with Acorn jokes or just jokes you don't agree with?

Not a supporter of Acorn's methods at all. But to see people STILL implying that they influenced votes instead of JUST voter registration FORMS makes me angry.

You really cannot defend ACORN after what they have done--or you simply haven't been watching them advise prostitution rings on how to get out paying federal taxes.

They are currently under investigation in 17 difference states for voter registration fraud. NOW--think about the millions of taxpayer dollars that have been spent in these cities & counties to clean up the MESS that ACORN made. That money could have gone to the homeless people we are seeing all over this country.

ACORN has done a lot of damage in this country that has cost all of us.

View attachment 9198

What part of that statement did you not comprehend?

You have a problem with Acorn jokes or just jokes you don't agree with?

Not a supporter of Acorn's methods at all. But to see people STILL implying that they influenced votes instead of JUST voter registration FORMS makes me angry.

That is such bullshit.

Holy cow.

Be honest, Magoo. What is the purpose of manipulating voter registration and voter registration forms?

Of course they deliberately skewed the actual votes.

They got money (cash) for every REGISTRATION they submitted. Duh... Once voter registrations are reviewed by the State Registrar of Voters, many are tossed out for noncompiance, especially ones with names like Mickey Mouse. You obviously were ignorant of the whole story. A registration is NOT an automatic entitlement to vote.

Last edited:
Gee, all this background info suddenly comes to light. And here I thought it was only the Democrats who were running a smear campaign there.

Maggie this is OLD news and its source was the boston globe.

Coakley details her role in 1995 probation deal for Geoghan - The Boston Globe

I know it's old. That was my point.

OH :D

I was just surprised that no conservative group has made an ad trying to exploit it yet.

That is such bullshit.

Holy cow.

Be honest, Magoo. What is the purpose of manipulating voter registration and voter registration forms?

They got money (cash) for every REGISTRATION they submitted. Duh... Once voter registrations are reviewed by the State Registrar of Voters, many are tossed out for noncompiance, especially ones with names like Mickey Mouse. You obviously were ignorant of the whole story. A registration is NOT an automatic entitlement to vote.

The obvious (deliberate) ignorance is entirely yours, Magoo.

IF there was no value in trying to get fraudulent registartions completed (because the State Registrar of Voters or the equivalent of that position in other states were just too good at their jobs to permit any to get certified), then nobody would bother trying to get these assbites to submit fraudulent ones.

If the system was intent on weeding out such efforts, they wouldn't pay per submission. They would pay only per CERTIFIED registration.

You cannot reasonably even pretend that the efforts don't RESULT in voter fraud.

You are being quite thoroughly dishonest, Magoo.

Last edited:

and not an Independent?

Person A has position X.

In my opinion, a "real" Republican is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, and knows where to draw the line in the sand.

That is such bullshit.

Holy cow.

IF there was no value in trying to get fraudulent registartions completed (because the State Registrar of Voters or the equivalent of that position in other states were just too good at their jobs to permit any to get certified), then nobody would bother trying to get these assbites to submit fraudulent ones.

If the system was intent on weeding out such efforts, they wouldn't pay per submission. They would pay only per CERTIFIED registration.

You cannot reasonably even pretend that the efforts don't RESULT in voter fraud.

Look, I've already said that I think Acorn's methods are suspect. What more do you want? I stand by my FACTUAL statement that the "buck" stopped at the state registratrar of voter's office. It's reasonable to assume that at least some of those registrations were, in fact, valid.

Nuff said, now run along. I don't intend to rehash THIS old issue again. If you want to, take it up with someone else.

Person A has position X.

In my opinion, a "real" Republican is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, and knows where to draw the line in the sand.

So we have the same view on what a real republican is. So do you consider the current crop in congress (in a broad brush way) to be real republicans or something else?

BTW I'm not trying to fight with you, just trying to figure out where our difference in opinion is.

Look, I've already said that I think Acorn's methods are suspect. What more do you want? I stand by my FACTUAL statement that the "buck" stopped at the state registratrar of voter's office. It's reasonable to assume that at least some of those registrations were, in fact, valid.

Nuff said, now run along. I don't intend to rehash THIS old issue again. If you want to, take it up with someone else.

And after saying what you already said, you made additional stupid contentions which I chose to rebut.

The contention that after the attempts at voter fraud, the buck stops at the Registrar's office is insipid and absurd. And it truly pathetic to pretend to maintain that a Registrar is a foolproof catch-all of any attempts to engage in voter registration fraud. Mickey Mouse, maybe, they will catch. But the guys whose names belong instead on newly minted tombstones? Those they may not catch. And from history we already know, too well, that the dead constitute a solid Democrat voting block in places like Chicago.

I do not require your permission, Magoo, to expose your tenuous grasp on logic. Man alive, are you lame or WHAT? :cuckoo:

So, you have leave to run back to your nursing home, now, and leave the debate stuff to folks with something rational to say. Yes. That excludes you and your vacillation and stupidity.

So we have the same view on what a real republican is. So do you consider the current crop in congress (in a broad brush way) to be real republicans or something else?

BTW I'm not trying to fight with you, just trying to figure out where our difference in opinion is.

I think a lot of them have gotten too swept up in the partisan hatred. If any Republican lawmaker dares to speak up with an opinion which, in my mind anyway, is a common sense approach, he immediately gets smacked down by the rabid right wingers (i.e., labeled a "Rhino" as Lindsey Graham knows all too well).

And after saying what you already said, you made additional stupid contentions which I chose to rebut.

The contention that after the attempts at voter fraud, the buck stops at the Registrar's office is insipid and absurd. And it truly pathetic to pretend to maintain that a Registrar is a foolproof catch-all of any attempts to engage in voter registration fraud. Mickey Mouse, maybe, they will catch. But the guys whose names belong instead on newly minted tombstones? Those they may not catch. And from history we already know, too well, that the dead constitute a solid Democrat voting block in places like Chicago.

I do not require your permission, Magoo, to expose your tenuous grasp on logic. Man alive, are you lame or WHAT? :cuckoo:

So, you have leave to run back to your nursing home, now, and leave the debate stuff to folks with something rational to say. Yes. That excludes you and your vacillation and stupidity.

Blah blah blah...yawn. Fuck off.

Eat shit, ya fuckin' dumbass cow.

Your hypocrisy and your intellectual (and general) dishonesty are on full display.

Have the attendant change your Depends, stupid.

Eat shit, ya fuckin' dumbass cow.

Your hypocrisy and your intellectual (and general) dishonesty are on full display.

Have the attendant change your Depends, stupid.

Feel better fratboy?

I'm curious if some libs have already begun developing the "parade of defense" for Barry & The Democratics should Brown actually pull off the impossible....:eusa_think:

Right On Mr. Brown!! Gergen shouldn't have been allowed to moderate that debate. I'm surprised Brown agreed to allow that. David Gergen is a well known long-time Kennedy butt-sniffer. He had his nose firmly planted in Kennedy's butt for several years. He was hardly an unbiased and neutral moderator. Brown did whip the chit out of him on his loaded "Teddy Kennedy Seat" question though. Now that's a skilled politician. Gergen actually backfired on the Democrats. Brown is the common sense choice in that election. I think more & more voters in Massachusetts are realizing this. Good luck Mr. Brown! :)

Forum List

Back