Thanksgiving 2021

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I'm making <i>Poulet au Porto: </i>Roast Chicken with Port Wine, Cream and Mushrooms some type of potato and something green. I was going to make an escargot dish for an appetizer but it also calls for cream. I might have to find another recipe. I haven't decided if I want to make a chocolate bourbon pecan pie, crepes or something else.

I'm going to see if I can upload the recipe for escargot. I think it might be too much cream. Tell me what you think. What are you peeps doing?

Fricassee d'Escargots au Coulis de Persil et Crème d'Ail Confit

(Fricassee of Snails w/ Parsley and Roasted Garlic Sauce)

3 small heads of Garlic

½ cup extra-virgin olive oil

I bunch flat-leaf parsley, trimmed

Salt

½ cup heavy cream
%4 cup French Chablis

Freshly ground black pepper
½ cup escargot brine (juice from canned snails)

6 TBS. Butter

4 dozen canned snails (without their shells)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Slice off the top of each head of garlic, exposing cloves, and slightly spread
cloves apart. Place garlic in a small baking dish, drizzle with oil, then cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake
until cloves have softened, about 2 hours.
Reserve 8 parsley sprigs for garnish, and blanch the rest in a pot of boiling salted water over high heat for 2

minutes. Drain and dry on paper towels, then finely chop and set aside.

Reserve 8 cloves roasted garlic in their skins for garnish, peel remaining cloves, and transfer to a blender or

food processor. Add heavy cream and 2 TBS. Chablis and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and
pepper, transfer to a small saucepan, cover and warm gently over low heat.
Combine escargot brine and remaining Chablis in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.

Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add 2 TBS. Butter, stirring until melted, then

remove from heat. Stir in chopped parsley, and cover pan to keep warm.
Melt remaining 4 TBS. Butter in a nonstick skillet over med. Heat and sauté snails until hot, 3-5 minutes.
Divide parsley sauce between 4-8 plates, then swirl garlic cream into each serving. Arrange snails in center
of each plate and garnish with parsley sprigs and garlic cloves.

For Thanksgiving, we would always converge on Mom's house because, well, she's the best cook on the planet. But she's 87 now and has slowed down considerably.

A friend of mine is a chef at a higher-end restaurant here in town, and he said they're going to have a Thanksgiving buffet, a Thanksgiving menu, and a regular menu. It's in the neighborhood of $45 per person, and he's assured me we'll get some "leftovers" to take home with us.

Anything will beat last year. I had Covid and had two Hebrew National hot dogs for Thanksgiving dinner...

Turkey cooked in the roaster on the firebox and the goodies that go with it are always my fav. Maybe a few pies this year if I'm feeling energetic.

There may end up being a turkey shortage in America, so get them when you can between now and then or have a plan B.

I'm just planning to have a regular Thanksgiving dinner with all your basic food. Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, Jell-O, and of course of pumpkin pie. ;) (I don't like the crust on mine though.)

Can't stand wine. It's just spoiled grape juice to me.

But Champagne......DO NOT GET IN MY WAY!!! I love Brut Negro Champagne the best.
But can't drink alcohol anymore cause of my meds.

Since my granny died, I don't really care for holidays. Don't really do anything. Just some extra days off I get paid for, from work. Catch up on my sleep, get house chores all done.

If somebody asks me to do something, I usually will, unless I'm sick or it's bad weather.

I LOOOOVE turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce though!!! Could eat that every day!!

stuffing is the only thing I look forward to on Turkey day. Pour some gravy over it and I could eat it til I puke.....and then eat some more.

I'm sorry about your grandma but I'll drink wine depending on what flavor it is. I'm more of a Margarita person though, and that's more of a summertime thing.
Gawd I miss Margaritas!!!!! My FAVORITE booze beverage!!!!

1516047018.jpg

Forum List

Back