Thanks to liberal stupidity - rolling blackouts across Texas

The failure of the energy companies to properly winterize their equipment is the problem. Turbines in MN, ND, MT are working fine.
They get sub zero temps for 20% of every winter.

the protection for that costs a lot of money

In Texas this is a once in a century storm

But the public will decide if they want to pay for more expensive wind mills when coal, nuclear, and natural gas can do the job cheaper

The failure of the energy companies to properly winterize their equipment is the problem. Turbines in MN, ND, MT are working fine.

But the public will decide if they want to pay for more expensive wind mills when coal, nuclear, and natural gas can do the job cheaper

You, still bitching?

Jesus Christ GOP has had control of TX for decades and they are the ones that wanted to switch to energy efficient. No reason to blame on libs, that is assinine. All European countries who have windmills are still rolling along with their severe winters.

The red state texans took the cheapest bid, and their belief that human influence on climate change is a hoax, let their denial rule, so no provisions for severe weather were included.
Thats idiocy.

you are just spouting bullshit

it you may not be entirely wrong since it appears that most of the busted windmills were made in joe biden‘s favorite country - china

and a new Ice Age was never predicted by the all-knowing Al Gore or the brain damaged Greta Thunberg

they told us to expect burning heat waves and only changed the story when doomsday failed to show up as predicted
As usual you cherry pick and haven't a clue about climate science. You talk about Biden and say his favorite country is China, I say you're full of it. You demean Greta Thunberg and also Al Gore. Your a pretentious idiot who doesn't know when he's fighting a losing cause because as I've said before it's not a conservative or liberal issue.

"As of Wednesday, 46,000 megawatts of generation were offline, with 185 generating plants tripped. ERCOT officials said 28,000 megawatts came from coal, gas and nuclear plants, and 18,000 megawatts were from solar and wind. " - Austin-American Spectator

one thing the communist dems cant explain about the power failure in Texas is proportionality ......while it may be true that some fossil fuel failed during the freeze virtually all green energy failed .....so could dems explain why ?

The red state texans took the cheapest bid, and their belief that human influence on climate change is a hoax, let their denial rule, so no provisions for severe weather were included.
Thats idiocy.

it you may not be entirely wrong since it appears that most of the busted windmills were made in joe biden‘s favorite country - china

and a new Ice Age was never predicted by the all-knowing Al Gore or the brain damaged Greta Thunberg

they told us to expect burning heat waves and only changed the story when doomsday failed to show up as predicted
As usual you cherry pick and haven't a clue about climate science. You talk about Biden and say his favorite country is China, I say you're full of it. You demean Greta Thunberg and also Al Gore. Your a pretentious idiot who doesn't know when he's fighting a losing cause because as I've said before it's not a conservative or liberal issue.
Can you tell me which of Al Gore's doomsday prophesies have come true?

Because by my count, it's zero.

Thats idiocy.

But you are probably misrepresenting them anyway.

Twas not the weather that's killing in Texas.
It is the stupidity.
The stupidity of Conservatism as
Once again, Conservatives screw the people then turn to the libs to bail them out.
What do you think the public is going to think in a few days when they start getting those multi-thousand dollar bills?

You, still bitching?

Jesus Christ GOP has had control of TX for decades and they are the ones that wanted to switch to energy efficient. No reason to blame on libs, that is assinine. All European countries who have windmills are still rolling along with their severe winters.
Not to mention the fact that wind turbines are NOT the problem here.

Texas winterized NOTHING and natural gas froze in the pipes, nuke plants went down, coal plants went down.

This is a failure of CONSERVATIVES

Thats idiocy.

Like Mac-7 you cherry pick and don't answer my reply in full only the part that you can say is false. I said he disparaged both Gore and Thunberg and called China Biden's favorite country with no proof. I agree as of this date his predictions haven't come true but I believe that the majority of the climate scientist believe Global Warming is happening. Since I'm a pragmatist I'll err on the side of an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Do you really believe this is a liberal or conservative based problem as preface to this implies, I don't and in my other post I think I get my point accross.

Still blaming Obama five years later. I thought your blob was going to re-open the coal plants. Did he fail smoky?
We’re blaming the entire liberal green movement that spawned fools like obama into starving America for the energy we need to survive as a nation

Gregg Abbott blames the Natural Gas Freezing. Is he a liberal all of the sudden?

Abbott is on the hot seat and he’s feeling the pressure

when I first heard of natural gas freezing it came from a liberal and I thought they were full of shit

but I looked it up and water vapor in the lines freezes below 32f so now I dont know what to think

that may happen in some isolated cases but it cant explain the rolling blackouts across the state

The natural gas lines freezing was a problem, because in Texas, they aren't built with an eye toward it getting this cold . . . because it almost never does. Likewise, the state of Arizona doesn't build sewage and drainage systems with the intent of heavy yearly rainfall . . . because it doesn't happen.

And no, the issue with the natural gas lines does not even remotely explain the situation in Texas right now.

Well, it is a fact that when the demand went up, the fossil fuel producers kept performing . . . and the green energy producers essentially collapsed.

Which is the point we keep making about wind and solar energy: they are sources which become useless under the very conditions in which you most need them.

Thats idiocy.

Like Mac-7 you cherry pick and don't answer my reply in full only the part that you can say is false. I said he disparaged both Gore and Thunberg and called China Biden's favorite country with no proof. I agree as of this date his predictions haven't come true but I believe that the majority of the climate scientist believe Global Warming is happening. Since I'm a pragmatist I'll err on the side of an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Do you really believe this is a liberal or conservative based problem as preface to this implies, I don't and in my other post I think I get my point accross.
Yeah. Can you tell me which of Al Gore's doomsday prophesies have come true?

Thats idiocy.

If you'll learn to read the post carefully you'll find "I agree as of this date his predictions haven't come true"

Thats idiocy.

If you'll learn to read the post carefully you'll find "I agree as of this date his predictions haven't come true"
So why do you think he's worth listening to?

The public is being blamed for using too much energy during a severe winter storm

but the real reason is liberal fear of global warming from burning coal combined with fear of nuclear power

so all we have to keep us warm is natural gas that is in short supply and windmills that are frozen stiff
Frozen wind turbines contribute to rolling power blackouts across Texas

Coal and natural gas were responsible for the blackouts. Iowa gets 40% of it's power through wind and had far fewer problems than Texas. Fossil fuels and nuclear power were respnsible for the blackouts.

23% of Texas electrical power comes from those stupid wind mills that would not be worthwhile if there wasn't massive government subsidies.

During the cold spell on 2% were working. Texans lost 21% of their power because the damn things didn't work.

Stupid Environmental wacko projects never work.

The public is being blamed for using too much energy during a severe winter storm

but the real reason is liberal fear of global warming from burning coal combined with fear of nuclear power

so all we have to keep us warm is natural gas that is in short supply and windmills that are frozen stiff
Frozen wind turbines contribute to rolling power blackouts across Texas

Coal and natural gas were responsible for the blackouts. Iowa gets 40% of it's power through wind and had far fewer problems than Texas. Fossil fuels and nuclear power were respnsible for the blackouts.
I agree that fossil fuels failed in many ways along with the windmills

and for the same reason - inadequate winterization

we will have to practice better management in Texas in the future

Forum List

Back