THANK YOU Libertarians for electing Biden!! Free college soon

But they are in fact libertarian....Why should supporters of those politicians suddenly sell out their principles to vote for a Mittens Romney?....(R) uber alles?
Because Mitt Romney is 90% libertarian. Getting 90% of what you want is better than getting 0% of what you want. Especially when any reasonable person knows that democracy requires compromise. Only hard-line extremists have views like libertarians. Very much like Al Qaeda. I won't accept anything other than my views forced on all of society.
Umm No Not Romney
Umm...yes...Romney. He's spent significant time creating wealth in the private sector just like Donald Trump, only he was exponentially more conservative than Donald Trump ever was.

This is such a hilarious argument, because both sides make it. Liberals are constantly telling me that Libertarians are the reason Trump won PA in 2016. Are both sides right? Or are they both wrong?
Two different elections, genius. So yes, you could have two different results. Libertarians could absolutely be the reason for the win in 2016 and the reason for the loss in 2020 :eusa_doh:

In my opinion people need to understand that "free" college education can't be and shouldn't be 100% free. Free tuition is something that I think is realistic and that I would support but there is more to university education than tuition. If tuition were free for students then there needs to still be semester fees collected from the students in order to provide other important services for students on campus, living circumstances on or off campus, and to help the school progress.

I think full student loan forgiveness sounds great but is not full realistic and could lead to crashes in certain other systems. I think the best route regarding student loans is to provide better incentives through the government to complete your studies on-time. So for example if you take out $5,000 in loans to help pay for student fees or living circumstances (since tuition would be free) then you should get a percentage, possibly up to 50%, of that loan credited back if you finish within a certain amount of time (3,4,5 years, etc) so that you end up only paying something like $2,500 out of pocket. It would provide motivation and potentially lower the risk of students slacking off.

I also think depending on the major you choose it should provide a better financial incentive towards your loan forgiveness. So for example if you pursue engineering or medicine or business or biology or finance or teaching then finishing on-time would yield a higher reduction in what you ultimately would owe on the loan if you finish on-time. Same with certain vocational trades such as construction, welding, and so on. Whereas if you study a liberal art such a music or philosophy or sociology and so on the financial incentive of loan "forgiveness" would be slightly lower. In my opinion this could encourage career choices that yield better long-term returns for the student and ultimately for the country, but the incentives would also help lower income students not stress too much about massive loans. A few thousand dollars to get a degree creates much more optimism for a student's future than paying or being in debt of upwards of $50,000+ from a public university.

But they are in fact libertarian....Why should supporters of those politicians suddenly sell out their principles to vote for a Mittens Romney?....(R) uber alles?
Because Mitt Romney is 90% libertarian. Getting 90% of what you want is better than getting 0% of what you want. Especially when any reasonable person knows that democracy requires compromise. Only hard-line extremists have views like libertarians. Very much like Al Qaeda. I won't accept anything other than my views forced on all of society.
Umm No Not Romney
Umm...yes...Romney. He's spent significant time creating wealth in the private sector just like Donald Trump, only he was exponentially more conservative than Donald Trump ever was.

Nope

If Mittens is 90% libertarian, I'm Murray Rothbard.

StupidRead.jpg

The libertarians I know who overwhelmingly voted regularly for the Libertarian Party largely voted for Trump.

Yes. You are informed by your circle. My experience has been exactly the opposite. Libertarians are disgusted by Trump and recognize him as an authoritarian populist who has hijacked the Republican party. The sooner we are rid of him the better.

Confirmation bias. You probably think most of them voted for Biden with you.
Grow up.

You keep personally attacking Trump. And you call him an authoritarian? WTF? You never call Biden, Nancy, Chuckie "authoritarian." You're just way emotionally invested in Democrats

The libertarians I know who overwhelmingly voted regularly for the Libertarian Party largely voted for Trump.

Yes. You are informed by your circle. My experience has been exactly the opposite. Libertarians are disgusted by Trump and recognize him as an authoritarian populist who has hijacked the Republican party. The sooner we are rid of him the better.

Grow up.

You keep personally attacking Trump. And you call him an authoritarian? WTF? You never call Biden, Nancy, Chuckie "authoritarian." You're just way emotionally invested in Democrats
Nope. You're just so invested in the lesser-of-two-evils mindset that you see anti-Trump as pro-Biden. You want me to grant "equal time" or some nonsense, complaining about Biden as much as I complain about Trump, or else that proves I'm pro-Biden. That's exactly as stupid as the "woke" nonsense, where anyone who isn't constantly giving props to BLM is labeled a racist. Well, fuck you and your simplistic mindset. I complain about Trump because he's a conman. He's conned you, and you just can't admit it to yourself. Grow the fuck up and pay attention.

Grow up.

Nope. You're just so invested in the lesser-of-two-evils mindset that you see anti-Trump as pro-Biden. You want me to grant "equal time" or some nonsense, complaining about Biden as much as I complain about Trump, or else that proves I'm pro-Biden. That's exactly as stupid as the "woke" nonsense, where anyone who isn't constantly giving props to BLM is labeled a racist. Well, fuck you and your simplistic mindset. I complain about Trump because he's a conman. He's conned you, and you just can't admit it to yourself. Grow the fuck up and pay attention.

So the choices are Trump/Biden 100/0 or exactly 50/50.

Why? That's just stupid

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Gawd you're stupid.

dblack: You want me to grant "equal time."

Your personal attacks are 100% Trump, 0% Biden + Nancy + Chuckie.

You called Trump an "authoritarian" which is flat out stupid. You never say that about Democrats who actually are authoritarians.

You occasionally have policy disagreements with democrats on the board. But the personal attacks to Democrats you inundate Republicans with are non-existant

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Gawd you're stupid.

Your personal attacks are 100% Trump, 0% Biden + Nancy + Chuckie

I just told you why I attack Trump more than Biden. Wake up. You've been conned.

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Gawd you're stupid.

I just told you why I attack Trump more than Biden. Wake up. You've been conned.

You never "attack" Biden ever

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Gawd you're stupid.

Horseshit. You know better. You're usually in the threads where I'm doing it. At least try to be honest.

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Gawd you're stupid.

Horseshit. You know better. You're usually in the threads where I'm doing it. At least try to be honest.

I've addressed that point a half dozen times IN THIS DISCUSSION.

You do not "attack" Biden ever. You do not "attack" Pelosi ever. You do not "attack" Chuck or the rest of the Democrats ever

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Gawd you're stupid.

You do not "attack" Biden ever. You do not "attack" Pelosi ever. You do not "attack" Chuck or the rest of the Democrats ever
You're just wrong and/or deliberately lying. You're really defensive whenever I criticize Trump, so I guess it sticks in your mind more. But your mind has been polluted by Trump.

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Gawd you're stupid.

You're just wrong and/or deliberately lying. You're really defensive whenever I criticize Trump, so I guess it sticks in your mind more. But your mind has been polluted by Trump.

Yes, I'm tired of people like you who every attack on the other side is personal. That is an "attack." You endlessly slam Trump and Trump supporters then claim to be a libertarian while you offer no such personal ATTACKS on leftists.

Every once in a while you get in a policy disagreement with a leftist and say look kaz, it's the same. No, that is not the same, not at all

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Gawd you're stupid.

Yes, I'm tired of people like you who every attack on the other side is personal. That is an "attack." You endlessly slam Trump and Trump supporters then claim to be a libertarian while you offer no such personal ATTACKS on leftists.

Every once in a while you get in a policy disagreement with a leftist and say look kaz, it's the same. No, that is not the same, not at all
I didn't say it's the same. I don't do "equal time". I'm not playing your fucking game. Crawl out of Trump's ass and reclaim your brain.

Grow up.

Why? That's just stupid
??

Gawd you're stupid.

I didn't say it's the same. I don't do "equal time". I'm not playing your fucking game. Crawl out of Trump's ass and reclaim your brain.

Already addressed that specific point in posts: #256, 267, 271, 273, 275, 278.

How stupid are you?

Winston Churchill: I can explain it to you, I cannot comprehend it for you

Forum List

Back