Thank GOD this fellow had his gun!

I know how Reeves felt. In a darkened theater, cell phone light is quite distracting. People who use them during a movie are rude assholes with little regard for people around them...just like most smokers. I haven't had the urge to shoot some one for texting in a movie theater but I have thought about flinging a cup of ice cold soda over them and their phone. Sorry but my sympathies are reserved for people who don't offend others.

Pssst.. the movie hadn't started yet. Duh.

Why don't some people see the connection between guns and gun violence?

Is it because, to them, guns are big fun? Do they see guns as a great leveler? If so, do they understand that mental instability plus guns does not level anything, but tip the balance to the mentally frazzled?

Would it be fair to ban the mentally and emotionally underdeveloped from gun ownership?

Are gun rights infringed by asking then mentally and emotionally challenged to be excluded from gun ownership? Does public safety trump gun ownership? Is there a responsible action society can take to prevent the mentally unworthy from gun ownership?

Can gun lovers understand that not every experience with guns is a testosterone filled joy ride? Can the rural gun lover comprehend the terror guns wreak in other parts of the country?

Curtis Reeves, is a retired Tampa police officer
Does being are tired Tampa policeofficerexcuse mentalinstability? Because nothing about shooting people for texting suggests full mental health.

I know how Reeves felt. In a darkened theater, cell phone light is quite distracting. People who use them during a movie are rude assholes with little regard for people around them...just like most smokers. I haven't had the urge to shoot some one for texting in a movie theater but I have thought about flinging a cup of ice cold soda over them and their phone. Sorry but my sympathies are reserved for people who don't offend others.

Movie hadn't started yet. They were just showing previews with the lights on. This man should be beat with a baseball bat until he stops moving permanently. Even if the movie had started, you get someone who works there to throw the guy out and get a refund for the movie. What you don't do is kill the guy. I'm sure we will find plenty of morons who actually try to defend this 71 year old piece of human excrement.

Why don't some people see the connection between guns and gun violence?

Is it because, to them, guns are big fun? Do they see guns as a great leveler? If so, do they understand that mental instability plus guns does not level anything, but tip the balance to the mentally frazzled?

Would it be fair to ban the mentally and emotionally underdeveloped from gun ownership?

Are gun rights infringed by asking then mentally and emotionally challenged to be excluded from gun ownership? Does public safety trump gun ownership? Is there a responsible action society can take to prevent the mentally unworthy from gun ownership?

Can gun lovers understand that not every experience with guns is a testosterone filled joy ride? Can the rural gun lover comprehend the terror guns wreak in other parts of the country?

Does being are tired Tampa policeofficerexcuse mentalinstability? Because nothing about shooting people for texting suggests full mental health.

He's an authoritarian whose only claim of to gun ownership is being a retired police officer, he's a different type altogether and should never be confused with law abiding citizens.

He's an authoritarian whose only claim of to gun ownership is being a retired police officer, he's a different type altogether and should never be confused with law abiding citizens.
Obviously he is not law abiding! Is he lucid enough to accept the responsibility of gun ownership? Shooting someone tends to make be believe he is not!

Obviously he is not law abiding! Is he lucid enough to accept the responsibility of gun ownership? Shooting someone tends to make be believe he is not!

He was allowed gun ownership because he is a retired cop he was give special consideration something citizens of his state aren't given.

He shot him due to the altercation that arose from the texting.
Does that make him sane? Could there be other ways to deal with the annoying other than popping a cap in him and killing him? Or is life just that cheap?

Shooting and killing shows definite signs of mental instability. No man can act as judge, jury and executioner because he is merely annoyed.

Step up and admit that killers such as this do not deserve the responsibility of packing heat.

Does that make him sane? Could there be other ways to deal with the annoying other than popping a cap in him and killing him? Or is life just that cheap?

Shooting and killing shows definite signs of mental instability. No man can act as judge, jury and executioner because he is merely annoyed.

Step up and admit that killers such as this do not deserve the responsibility of packing heat.

I agree. Execute the shooter too publically.

But it is not like the guy was texting and the other guy just shot him in the back of the head.

An argument ensued and emotions ran high.

The number one thing you want to avoid as a CCW.

Walk softly and carry a Glock.

But it is not like the guy was texting and the other guy just shot him in the back of the head.

Obviously the carrying a Glock part was a tragic mistake!

He was allowed gun ownership because he is a retired cop he was give special consideration something citizens of his state aren't given.

Wut ?

There over a million lawful CCW holders in Florida.

Retired cops are give special treatment they don't have to take any mental test they are allowed to carry concealed anywhere

Wut ?

Retired cops are give special treatment they don't have to take any mental test they are allowed to carry concealed anywhere

I don't think your facts are spot on.

There is no mental test.

Prohibited places are prohibited places.

Glocks work as intended.

With no manual safety they are very fast into action.

Wut ?

I don't think your facts are spot on.

There is no mental test.

Prohibited places are prohibited places.

OK what I meant was a mental background check, that concealed carriers have to take. if you're a cop or retired cop you don't have those restrictions.

Last edited:

Glocks work as intended.

With no manual safety they are very fast into action.
A person who does not understand the responsibility of gun ownership shot and killed a man and wounded his wife for no good reason. Isn't it society's responsibility to make sure that someone with the mental and emotional capacity to do such a thing cannot get a gun?

I'm not indicting guns. Don't defend them as if I were. I'm saying that we have a larger responsibility to public health and safety. The deranged should never have access to deadly weapons. Weapons that make such a tragedy possible. In the blink of an eye someone snapped and killed because he had the means to do so. Making guns more accessible will only insure more shameful killings will happen. Is there no sense of responsibility among the gun lovers who wear blinders to the sad effects of guns?

Oh goody another thread on the same subject.

Anyway, I'll just say as I said in the other thread, I'm very thankful that I live in a country that at least stills allows me to be the adult and decide for myself if I wish to own one.

Also, I should mention over this last weekend here in Oregon a bouncer with a concealed permit probably saved more people from being shot by shooting the shooter.

Is there no sense of responsibility among the gun lovers who wear blinders to the sad effects of guns?

Why would I have a sense of responsibility in this act ?

There is nothing I could do to change or prevent it from happening again.
Perhaps you could write to the NRA and ask them to explore the idea of restricting gun access rather than their current position of more guns for everybody. Perhaps you could write to your congressman and express your attitude. Perhaps you could ask for greater gun safety requirements before this happens again.

Or maybe you'll just sit back and let this happen time after time. What's the breaking point for you? How many senseless shootings must happen before you too are outraged?

Is there no sense of responsibility among the gun lovers who wear blinders to the sad effects of guns?

Why would I have a sense of responsibility in this act ?

There is nothing I could do to change or prevent it from happening again.
Perhaps you could write to the NRA and ask them to explore the idea of restricting gun access rather than their current position of more guns for everybody. Perhaps you could write to your congressman and express your attitude. Perhaps you could ask for greater gun safety requirements before this happens again.

Or maybe you'll just sit back and let this happen time after time. What's the breaking point for you? How many senseless shootings must happen before you too are outraged?

What greater gun safety requirement should I ask for and would have prevented this ?

Forum List

Back