Thank GOD this fellow had his gun!

Why would I have a sense of responsibility in this act ?

There is nothing I could do to change or prevent it from happening again.
Perhaps you could write to the NRA and ask them to explore the idea of restricting gun access rather than their current position of more guns for everybody. Perhaps you could write to your congressman and express your attitude. Perhaps you could ask for greater gun safety requirements before this happens again.

Or maybe you'll just sit back and let this happen time after time. What's the breaking point for you? How many senseless shootings must happen before you too are outraged?

What greater gun safety requirement should I ask for and would have prevented this ?
Background checks. Thorough, rigorous background checks. Mental health assessments. Mandatory gun safety classes for each and every gun owner.

I know this particular asshole is a retired cop. But what's in his service record? Background checks.

And imagine that this pig was once driving a beat. I can't imagine what else that fucking cop has done before this that was swept under the rug. We all know the pigs, judges, and prosecutors always protect their swine.

Perhaps you could write to the NRA and ask them to explore the idea of restricting gun access rather than their current position of more guns for everybody. Perhaps you could write to your congressman and express your attitude. Perhaps you could ask for greater gun safety requirements before this happens again.

Or maybe you'll just sit back and let this happen time after time. What's the breaking point for you? How many senseless shootings must happen before you too are outraged?

What greater gun safety requirement should I ask for and would have prevented this ?
Background checks. Thorough, rigorous background checks. Mental health assessments. Mandatory gun safety classes for each and every gun owner.

I know this particular asshole is a retired cop. But what's in his service record? Background checks.

Nothing is in his service record which prevented him from being and retiring as sworn LE.

A gun safety class ? Come on.

There is no background check that would prevent this.

Why don't some people see the connection between guns and gun violence?

I think you got something here... 100% of all gun violence is committed with guns.

Powerful. Just powerful. :thup:
Why then is the solution to gun violence proffered by gun lovers is to merely add more guns?

The solution is to treat the disease, not the symptom. A gun in an inanimate object. Banning it does nothing to solve the problems of mental illness or the drug dealing or the thug culture.

Was this guy in the military at any time? I think that flag should be an immediate issue in an increasingly militarized police state practicing soft tyranny but precariously close to practicing hard tyranny.

Nothing is in his service record which prevented him from being and retiring as sworn LE.

then let's repeal CCW.

then let's repeal CCW.

Open carry sounds good to me. Hey what the hell I can legally do both.

Last edited:
I think you got something here... 100% of all gun violence is committed with guns.

Powerful. Just powerful. :thup:
Why then is the solution to gun violence proffered by gun lovers is to merely add more guns?

The solution is to treat the disease, not the symptom. A gun in an inanimate object. Banning it does nothing to solve the problems of mental illness or the drug dealing or the thug culture.

The cop shot someone for texting. What do you imagine the situation would have been if he was not packing heat? Do you suppose one person would be dead and another wounded? In this case, as in many, blame the gun. Death comes too easily by it.

then let's repeal CCW.

There are over a million CCW holders in Florida.

No thanks.

CNN) -- A man was shot dead and his wife wounded after an argument over texting in a movie theater Monday afternoon in Wesley Chapel, Florida, Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said.
The suspect, Curtis Reeves, is a retired Tampa police officer, Nocco said. He will be charged with second-degree homicide, according to Nocco.
Nocco identified the victims as Chad and Nicole Oulson, who he said were sitting in a row in front of another couple. An earlier release from the sheriff's department said the shooting occurred before a showing of the movie "Lone Survivor."
"There was an altercation because the victim was using his cell phone. He was texting," Nocco said. "This led to a verbal altercation, the verbal altercation escalated."
Reeves pulled out a .380-caliber handgun and as Nicole Oulson raised her hand, the shooter fired once, Nocco said.
A witness said the shooting happened during previews to the movie. Charles Cummings told reporters that Chad Oulson sat two seats from him and his son. Reeves was upset by Oulson's cell phone use and the two argued, Reeves then got up and left the theater for a brief time, Cummings said.
"He came back very irritated," Cummings said. Nocco told reporters that the shooter had gone to report the encounter to an employee.
The two men started arguing again and the cell phone user told the other man he was just texting his daughter, Cummings said. A few silent seconds elapsed and the argument started again.
Nocco said Oulson confronted the shooter about going to the theater employee.
Cummings said the argument got louder.
"Their voices started going up. There seemed to almost be a confrontation," Cummings said. "Somebody throws popcorn; I'm not sure who threw it. And then bang, he was shot."
The victim staggered over and fell on Cummings and his son. A nurse who was in the theater performed CPR on the victim until the paramedics arrived, said Cummings, who like his son, had spatters of blood on his clothes.
The shooter sat down and put the gun on his lap, and an off-duty deputy from Sumter County who was there to watch the film made sure the shooter didn't leave.
Nocco said Reeves was at the theater with his wife, and there was no indication that the two couples involved knew each other.
The shooting happened at about 1:30 p.m. inside one of the theaters at the Grove 16 complex, sheriff's spokeswoman Melanie Snow said.
"This was an isolated altercation between two guests that escalated unexpectedly. The safety, security and comfort of our guests and team members are always our top priorities, and we are truly heartbroken by this incident," Cobb Theatres, which operates the Grove complex, said in a written statement.

Well, that's the last text he'll ever send.

Guns protect no one. Owning a gun just makes it dramatically more likely that you or someone you know and love will be the first victim.

OK then give up all your guns and depend on the cops to protect you. Oh and move to Detroit as well give them a day or 2 and you can tell them all about the bad guy that tried to rob your home knowing damn well you had no weapon,he does and the cops are 48 hours away.

I know how Reeves felt. In a darkened theater, cell phone light is quite distracting. People who use them during a movie are rude assholes with little regard for people around them...just like most smokers. I haven't had the urge to shoot some one for texting in a movie theater but I have thought about flinging a cup of ice cold soda over them and their phone. Sorry but my sympathies are reserved for people who don't offend others.

Movie hadn't started yet. They were just showing previews with the lights on. This man should be beat with a baseball bat until he stops moving permanently. Even if the movie had started, you get someone who works there to throw the guy out and get a refund for the movie. What you don't do is kill the guy. I'm sure we will find plenty of morons who actually try to defend this 71 year old piece of human excrement.
The shooter tried that and that is when the texter started the altercation.
Granted, shooting him was beyond acceptable, but I bet moviegoers throughout the US will think twice before using their cellphones in the theater.
Oh, and the theater had signs up that said, "No cellphone use in the theater" and "No guns allowed".
Life lesson learned, don't bring a cellphone to a gunfight.

The cop shot someone for texting. What do you imagine the situation would have been if he was not packing heat?

Moviegoer Tells Woman to Stop Talking On Cell Phone, Gets Stabbed in the Neck | NBC Southern California

Good example OODA_Loop.

Also, many guys, guys like me for instance, are trained to take somebody down and break limbs or worse, all within a few seconds. I don't want to brag, but only at 6 foot tall and 205, I would be able to take most men my size and larger down and do extreme physical damage.

Honestly, most men would need a gun or a knife to defend themselves against me. Just like Mr. Zimmerman needed a gun to stop the brutal attack of that negroid criminal Trayvon Martin. Mr. Zimmerman had no chance against him.

Last edited:
The cop shot someone for texting. What do you imagine the situation would have been if he was not packing heat?

Moviegoer Tells Woman to Stop Talking On Cell Phone, Gets Stabbed in the Neck | NBC Southern California
A meat thermometer. At least she lived. I guess. Taking a meat thermometer into an elementary school would result in 20 deaths. The thermometer worked as designed. Consequences don't matter so long as I get to keep my meat thermometer. Liberals want to take away meat thermometers. The meat thermometer is an inanimate object.

I've heard it all before. Guns kill instantly. Meat. Thermometers aren't deadly weapons, are they? They aren't designed to spray lead at high velocity. They aren't designed to kill.

I've heard it all before. Guns kill instantly. Meat. Thermometers aren't deadly weapons, are they? They aren't designed to spray lead at high velocity. They aren't designed to kill.

Because this person didn't die form being stabbed in the neck with a meat thermometer, being stabbed with a meat thermometer can't kill you ?

You asked what if he didn't have the gun.

All manner of things, including meat thermometers, can be used as deadly weapons.

I know how Reeves felt. In a darkened theater, cell phone light is quite distracting. People who use them during a movie are rude assholes with little regard for people around them...just like most smokers. I haven't had the urge to shoot some one for texting in a movie theater but I have thought about flinging a cup of ice cold soda over them and their phone. Sorry but my sympathies are reserved for people who don't offend others.

Movie hadn't started yet. They were just showing previews with the lights on. This man should be beat with a baseball bat until he stops moving permanently. Even if the movie had started, you get someone who works there to throw the guy out and get a refund for the movie. What you don't do is kill the guy. I'm sure we will find plenty of morons who actually try to defend this 71 year old piece of human excrement.
The shooter tried that and that is when the texter started the altercation.
Granted, shooting him was beyond acceptable, but I bet moviegoers throughout the US will think twice before using their cellphones in the theater.
Oh, and the theater had signs up that said, "No cellphone use in the theater" and "No guns allowed".
Life lesson learned, don't bring a cellphone to a gunfight.

It is not entirely unreasonable to think you would need a gun at a theater. How quickly we forget.

Did the shooter not stop and sit down immediately after the shooting? Obviously, he flipped out, went and got his gun out of the car and came back in and murdered the cellphone guy.

He got his target and stopped. had he been a REAL nutcase, he would have kept shooting and NOBODY could have stopped him. Because nobody else had a gun in the gun free zone.

This man wasn't subdued by anybody. The way I read the report was that he CEASED to fire and another person came and "detained" him.

I say, everybody else is lucky because they were sitting ducks. At least the ex-cop stopped after he settled the matter. And no I am not defending the ex-cop. He murdered the cellphone guy straight up. But as so many have said, the gun didn't kill, the ex-cop did.

If you can devise a true way to disarm all the criminals then gun owners may be a bit more inclined to work with you some on gun laws but right now, we know not to give you even so much as an inch because you've already played your hand.

You want all the guns from law abiding citizens and you don't do jack shit to get the guns from the criminals.

Besides, the 2nd amendment is more about containing the power of government which presently has just way to many liberal prostitutes and powermongers for any sane American to agree to give up our right to own guns.

Why don't some people see the connection between guns and gun violence?

Is it because, to them, guns are big fun? Do they see guns as a great leveler? If so, do they understand that mental instability plus guns does not level anything, but tip the balance to the mentally frazzled?

Would it be fair to ban the mentally and emotionally underdeveloped from gun ownership?

Are gun rights infringed by asking then mentally and emotionally challenged to be excluded from gun ownership? Does public safety trump gun ownership? Is there a responsible action society can take to prevent the mentally unworthy from gun ownership?

Can gun lovers understand that not every experience with guns is a testosterone filled joy ride? Can the rural gun lover comprehend the terror guns wreak in other parts of the country?

Curtis Reeves, is a retired Tampa police officer
Does being are tired Tampa policeofficerexcuse mentalinstability? Because nothing about shooting people for texting suggests full mental health.

Are you on crack? What about your post makes any sense whatsoever?

Forum List

Back