Texas Sued For Classifying Gender-Affirming Care As Child Abuse

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘Civil rights groups have filed a lawsuit against the state of Texas over a new policy that classifies gender-affirming care for kids as child abuse, subjects parents and doctors to investigations, and blocks health care for transgender youth.

In a complaint filed Tuesday, the American Civil Liberties Union and Lambda Legal argue that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s new directive violates both the state constitution and the rights of transgender children and their parents.

The Republican governor and other state leaders “have, without Constitutional or statutory authority, acted to create a new definition of ‘child abuse’ that singles out a subset of loving parents for scrutiny, investigation, and potential family separation,” the lawsuit states. “Their actions caused terror and anxiety among transgender youth and their families across the Lone Star State and singled out transgender youth and their families for discrimination and harassment.”

Furthermore, the lawsuit argues, the state’s actions “threaten to endanger the health and wellbeing of transgender youth in Texas by depriving them of medically necessary care, while communicating that transgender people and their families are not welcome in Texas.”’

A reprehensible law motivated by ignorance, fear, bigotry, and hate.

‘Civil rights groups have filed a lawsuit against the state of Texas over a new policy that classifies gender-affirming care for kids as child abuse, subjects parents and doctors to investigations, and blocks health care for transgender youth.

In a complaint filed Tuesday, the American Civil Liberties Union and Lambda Legal argue that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s new directive violates both the state constitution and the rights of transgender children and their parents.

The Republican governor and other state leaders “have, without Constitutional or statutory authority, acted to create a new definition of ‘child abuse’ that singles out a subset of loving parents for scrutiny, investigation, and potential family separation,” the lawsuit states. “Their actions caused terror and anxiety among transgender youth and their families across the Lone Star State and singled out transgender youth and their families for discrimination and harassment.”

Furthermore, the lawsuit argues, the state’s actions “threaten to endanger the health and wellbeing of transgender youth in Texas by depriving them of medically necessary care, while communicating that transgender people and their families are not welcome in Texas.”’

I don't really care. I don't really care about the whole trans thing. Don't understand it. Don't believe in it. Don't give a sh#t. At my age, I don't have to.
I will say this. Some parents have been warping the hell out of their kids in one way or another since time began. If you don't believe it, just look at some of the extreme radical assholes on this board who never learned to critically assess themselves, their upbringing and character.

That someone sued is irrelevant.

You make all kinds of claims in lawsuits. Are those claims justified, that is what matters. I have not read the law so I do not know.

Why?
Do ya plan on grooming some kids for your sexual pleasure?
You're a sicko along with the rest of dems who support this shit.

I am rather surprised if certain things are not done sooner like when it is time for a boy to be circumcised.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Of course what a female is to experience doesn't happen until later on in life and so what other choice is there but to wait for it?

A five year old does not know if it truly want to be the opposite sex and many times it is the parents wish more than the child and some idiot in the medical community going along with it just for the money they will receive from the parent, so let not do this to kids.

When a person reaches eighteen then it is none of my business and even at sixteen I truly do not care but at five years old or eight or ten then my opinion is they are to young and need to wait…

No, you are not correct and you are one sick puppy if you truly believe a child knows what they are doing and this is more about the parent desire to have a child of the opposite sex than about the child needs…

Wonder how "Elliot" Page is doing?
Not much work lately. Must be all the bigotry in Hollywood. They also never cast a trans woman in a cisgender female role.

I looked up Page's IMDB listing and the "they/their" bad grammar is confusing. I get the need for a gender neutral singular pronoun, but "they" is already in use, so pick another.

the law applies only to surgical and pharmaceutical hormone treatments, it does not apply to counseling, mental health medicating, or things like the child in question dressing as the other sex/gender.

Why should it be allowed to give a kid hormones to block puberty, or surgery to remove/change sex organs/genitalia?

the law applies only to surgical and pharmaceutical hormone treatments, it does not apply to counseling, mental health medicating, or things like the child in question dressing as the other sex/gender.

Why should it be allowed to give a kid hormones to block puberty, or surgery to remove/change sex organs/genitalia?
Every movement needs recruits.

"Gender-Affirming Care" is enabling psychological delusions and IGNORING gender dysphoria.

Forum List

Back