Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine vetoes bill banning gender-affirming care for transgender minors

Because they are having serious crises. This is an issue between them, the parents, and medical personnel. You're the one not leaving them alone, substituting your microseconds of expertise in this area instead of the parents and medical personnel.

This is your expertise in a nutshell.
Yep it means nothing a married my wife who as a young girl was a tom boy

B.S again it's because they have been sexualized at a young age, through the media and commercialization, everything is sexual in nature
Your expertise is based on? I make no claims and don't want to interject the government into the situation. Thats how Republicans used to act.

Yep it means nothing a married my wife who as a young girl was a tom boy
Agreed. But thats why I am arguing this should be left to the actual experts: the parents, the kid, and medical professionals. Not pasty old white guy politicians who usually have skeletons in their closet.

Your expertise is based on? I make no claims and don't want to interject the government into the situation. Thats how Republicans used to act.

Agreed. But thats why I am arguing this should be left to the actual experts: the parents, the kid, and medical professionals. Not pasty old white guy politicians who usually have skeletons in their closet.
At what expense do we allow this harmful act toward young children to continue.
Medical expert will say what you pay them to for political agendas

More color. the governor has put admin rules in place to provide additional safeguards for younglings. Seems fair.
Ohio’s Republican Gov. Mike DeWine on Friday unveiled a slate of administrative rules meant to restrict access to gender-affirming health care for transgender adults, one week after vetoing legislation that would have banned care for minors.

DeWine said during a press conference that Ohio’s Department of Health and Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services would be filing rules for public comment Friday that, once effective, will provide additional protections for both transgender minors and adults receiving care.

One of the rules, he said, will require transgender adults seeking access to medications like hormones to retain a multidisciplinary team “including but not limited to an endocrinologist, a bioethicist and a psychiatrist.” Transgender adults in Ohio may currently receive care from a single clinician, although treatment plans differ based on a patient’s individual needs.

“Candidly, as I expressed a week ago, I am concerned that there could be fly-by-night providers and clinics that might be dispensing medication to adults with no counseling and no basic standards to assure quality care,” DeWine said Friday. “The rules that we are announcing today will take care of that. We need to ensure that adults, as well as children, are protected.”

DeWine added that the rules will require transgender adults to obtain from their providers a “comprehensive care plan” including “lengthy” mental health counseling before they can be considered for any medical interventions.

DeWine’s proposal is among the nation’s most stringent for transgender adults seeking access to gender-affirming medical care, and is likely to bottleneck resources, and worsen financial strain on individuals seeking gender-affirming care.

More color. the governor has put admin rules in place to provide additional safeguards for younglings. Seems fair.

i.e. his handlers told him his veto will be overrode anyway, and his supporters are going to vote for someone else next primary cycle.

He's covering his ass.

The "experts" are all fucking morons and trans nuts.

Just because you are credentialed doesn't mean you don't have an agenda, you kid mutilating fuck.

That's still hysterical nonsense. But your deep concern for the well-being of children is touching. So to speak.

removing a 16 year old girl's breasts or denying puberty to a 12 year old boy isn't mutilating them?

I showed you different! Never is it necessary to harm a child through cutting off or trying to add a penis
And this is a lie.

There is no evidence that gender affirming care for trans youth is ‘harmful’; indeed, the opposite is true.

The authoritarian right’s unwarranted opposition to gender affirming care is motivated by fear, ignorance, and bigotry concerning transgender Americans.

And as authoritarians, conservatives’ unwarranted opposition to gender affirming care is about more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty, about using the state to compel conformity and punish dissent, and about opposing inclusion and expressions of individual liberty.

removing a 16 year old girl's breasts or denying puberty to a 12 year old boy isn't mutilating them?
Have you asked them? Or their parents?

Listen, I'm with you in presuming that many, if not most, of these cases are ill-considered. But it's just none of your business. This isn't a case of parents forcing this shit on their kids. The kids are begging for it. Maybe for questionable reasons. But as the governor said, it should be between doctors, the kids and their parents. Meddling busybodies should find something else to obsess about.

And this is a lie.

There is no evidence that gender affirming care for trans youth is ‘harmful’; indeed, the opposite is true.

The authoritarian right’s unwarranted opposition to gender affirming care is motivated by fear, ignorance, and bigotry concerning transgender Americans.

And as authoritarians, conservatives’ unwarranted opposition to gender affirming care is about more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty, about using the state to compel conformity and punish dissent, and about opposing inclusion and expressions of individual liberty.
You are a menace to society, and should never be allowed around children, you are a derelict of the worst kind. You are also wrong

Listen, I'm with you in presuming that many, if not most, of these cases are ill-considered. But it's just none of your business. This isn't a case of parents forcing this shit on their kids. The kids are begging for it. Maybe for questionable reasons. But as the governor said, it should be between doctors, the kids and their parents. Meddling busybodies should find something else to obsess about.

Mokusatsu.

Kids want to be a lot of things when they are little, until they are mature enough to understand the consequences, parents should not allow any surgery or blockers otherwise it's child abuse.

Forum List

Back