Texas Sued For Classifying Gender-Affirming Care As Child Abuse

‘Civil rights groups have filed a lawsuit against the state of Texas over a new policy that classifies gender-affirming care for kids as child abuse, subjects parents and doctors to investigations, and blocks health care for transgender youth.

In a complaint filed Tuesday, the American Civil Liberties Union and Lambda Legal argue that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s new directive violates both the state constitution and the rights of transgender children and their parents.

The Republican governor and other state leaders “have, without Constitutional or statutory authority, acted to create a new definition of ‘child abuse’ that singles out a subset of loving parents for scrutiny, investigation, and potential family separation,” the lawsuit states. “Their actions caused terror and anxiety among transgender youth and their families across the Lone Star State and singled out transgender youth and their families for discrimination and harassment.”

Furthermore, the lawsuit argues, the state’s actions “threaten to endanger the health and wellbeing of transgender youth in Texas by depriving them of medically necessary care, while communicating that transgender people and their families are not welcome in Texas.”’

A reprehensible law motivated by ignorance, fear, bigotry, and hate.

How much did you donate to NAMBLA in 2021?

Not much work lately. Must be all the bigotry in Hollywood. They also never cast a trans woman in a cisgender female role.

I looked up Page's IMDB listing and the "they/their" bad grammar is confusing. I get the need for a gender neutral singular pronoun, but "they" is already in use, so pick another.

I propose a contraction of “he or she/it”. H'or'sh'/it. Pronounced the same as “horse shit”.

I don't listen to Clayton. He's an idiot
CaptainObvious.png

‘Civil rights groups have filed a lawsuit against the state of Texas over a new policy that classifies gender-affirming care for kids as child abuse, subjects parents and doctors to investigations, and blocks health care for transgender youth.

In a complaint filed Tuesday, the American Civil Liberties Union and Lambda Legal argue that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s new directive violates both the state constitution and the rights of transgender children and their parents.

The Republican governor and other state leaders “have, without Constitutional or statutory authority, acted to create a new definition of ‘child abuse’ that singles out a subset of loving parents for scrutiny, investigation, and potential family separation,” the lawsuit states. “Their actions caused terror and anxiety among transgender youth and their families across the Lone Star State and singled out transgender youth and their families for discrimination and harassment.”

Furthermore, the lawsuit argues, the state’s actions “threaten to endanger the health and wellbeing of transgender youth in Texas by depriving them of medically necessary care, while communicating that transgender people and their families are not welcome in Texas.”’

A reprehensible law motivated by ignorance, fear, bigotry, and hate.
You Dimmers really are wackos.

Classifying gender-affirming care as ‘child abuse’ is yet another manifestation of the authoritarian, neo-fascist right’s fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate.
Dimmers are the fascists looneytunes.....and there is no bigotry involved when God created the only two genders for us....male and female. So it seems that you may be right about the ignorance part.....

I don't really care. I don't really care about the whole trans thing. Don't understand it. Don't believe in it. Don't give a sh#t. At my age, I don't have to.
I will say this. Some parents have been warping the hell out of their kids in one way or another since time began. If you don't believe it, just look at some of the extreme radical assholes on this board who never learned to critically assess themselves, their upbringing and character.

Didn't take them long to bring down the most powerful nation on earth.
"A nation of sheep will be ruled by wolves" forgot author.
The man who will allow his little girl to be flapped in her 3 year old face by a sicko's penis is no man at all.
YTube took the video down but at one of the library freak shows this happened. The child's "mother" was applauding the show.
Dr Hook described us well., Freakers Ball.

You are talking to a chatbot with a very limited vocabulary.

You actually think there is a possibility it will answer a question?

No, but I like to up my post count replying to empty suits.

Good for them. These idiots are most certainly guilty of child abuse and should be locked up.

Forum List

Back