Texas school district pulls 400 books from libraries after state GOP lawmaker's inquiry

Have you seen the latest test scores and academic achievements among K-12 in China, Russia, India? They seem to be doing just fine without filling their minds with adult-adolescent sexual fantasies, BLM insight, critical race theory, and other social agenda content from the Left. In fact, the US is increasingly dependent on H1 visas from students from the countries mentioned because US minds are too consumed with useless CRT and LBGTQ content that does nothing for medicine, health, science, IT, and engineering for infrastructure.
By the design of the same people pulling Bidens strings, the Global Cabal

Texas will remain an ignorant backwater if it continues to burn books.
I'm glad they're not doing that, that would be bad.

Funny how the less educated among us consider parents deciding what is appropriate for their children to read is "burning books".

No books are burned and children still have access to everything ever written. Just not in school libraries for their age group.

Leave children alone. Teach them to achieve educational
benchmarks. That's what schools are for.

By the design of the same people pulling Bidens strings, the Global Cabal
I question the mindset of the Left if they truly believe that pushing LGBQT, CRT, BLM, and other social content is the path towards the intelligence of our K-12 students at the expense of math and science; unless of course the Left’s goal is to make US soft.

I question the mindset of the Left if they truly believe that pushing LGBQT, CRT, BLM, and other social content is the path towards the intelligence of our K-12 students at the expense of math and science; unless of course the Left’s goal is to make US soft.
Your whole post reeks of politicaal partisanship. This is an ideological decision.
What is sick about the Nat Turner Diary ?

Your whole post reeks of politicaal partisanship. This is an ideological decision.
What is sick about the Nat Turner Diary ?
My whole post reeks of reason and fact. Your posts reeks of wokeness which does not positively impact the ability to think analytically and critically. Look at ALL of the content you are defending? Nat Turner Siary is the only thing useful. Even you recognize that.

My whole post reeks of reason and fact. Your posts reeks of wokeness which does not positively impact the ability to think analytically and critically. Look at ALL of the content you are defending? Nat Turner Siary is the only thing useful. Even you recognize that.
I have always felt that reading books is useful in educating myeslf and others.
I guess that is now woke in authoritarian America. Woke is good.

That is only part of the goal!

This place is really having a hard time dealing with the modern world. 400 books is a huge amount of literature that is deemed unsuitable for growing minds.

Most of the books listed seem to be more modern but I wonder how they would deal with some of the more older works of classical literature ? Much of it is obscene and vugar and all the better for that. The canterbury tales are vulgar. So is much of Shakespeare and his contemporaries.

My particular favourite is The Alchemist which was written by Ben Johnson. The characters are generally all immoral and universally disgusting. The play exposes contemporary stupidity and the language is disgusting. but it is very relevant today in the age of super Churches and bitcoin. AN Alchemist professes the ability to turn base metal into gold and ts relevance to this age bedevilled by scams is obvious. I doubt that it would pass the Texas test.

Moving on and we see novelists who perfected the new novel art form would also fall foul. I am thinking of Smollett and Fielding. Their books were vulgar and rude, full of sex and bad language. You are not well read if you havent read "Tom Jones" or "Humphrey Clinker". Or Moll Flanders either.

More up to date and we were taught I Claudius and Claudius the God. they were brilliant books but the Romans were rum fuckers and the books laid it all out in detail.

How fragile is the mind of the average texas teenager where a world of perversion is available to them on their phone but academically accepted texts cannot be read under the supervision of a teacher ?

They are in danger of raising a generation of retards and these measures should be fought by all educated people.
The neo-fascist right's war on facts and the truth continues.

I have always felt that reading books is useful in educating myeslf and others.
I guess that is now woke in authoritarian America. Woke is good.
who is making the absolute argument of NO BOOKS that you are arguing? The globe is replete with books that do the brain well. Regurgitating CRT, BLM positions, and sexual fantasies of LBGTQ adult-adolescent fantasies don’t get you very far compared to books on History, Literature, Philosophy, Economics, and Science.

I never did see a list of books that were permanently pulled. It would be interesting.

Forum List

Back