Texas School District pulls the Bible and Anne Frank from Library

Every day I easily find a news story to confirm my belief. We as a nation, we as a people, are doomed. Not from foreign forces, nor from some wide ranging conspiracy. But from our own idiocy.

Those of you who think that this is a good thing, and we have to stand firm against the forces of CRT, which is idiotic, you’re the cause of the downfall of this nation.

They’re banning books wholesale. Kids can’t get them. Kids can’t read them. Because according to the complaint, it’s a sensitive subject which should be discussed with the parents. Really? You expect me to believe you closed minded morons will discuss the Diary of Anne Frank with your children?

I can imagine that conversation. Junior you have to understand who wrote it. And it wasn’t some little girl. It was really written by someone else.

View attachment 684062
It’s in your link, did you read your own link or just the headline?

It’s in your link, did you read your own link or just the headline?

Well I read one article. But I knew better than to link to an article from the Jerusalem post. So I searched for another source article and linked to this one.

Nope.

Somebody objects, they react.

If the objection is found to be less than reasonable, back the book goes.

Seems both responsive and responsible to me. :)
Oh good. It’s a “reasonable” fascism.

Well I read one article. But I knew better than to link to an article from the Jerusalem post. So I searched for another source article and linked to this one.
Fair enough, but according to the article, they get complaints, pull the books and then review and the all seem to get back into circulation.

Funny how it was the conservative group banning the books. Read the story and stop making crap up.
It was the school district, not a conservative group. Liberals banned Huck Finn in my school district. I went to the city library, read the book and turned in a book report on it and turned it in. Easy to get books if you really want to.

Fair enough, but according to the article, they get complaints, pull the books and then review and the all seem to get back into circulation.
But it's crazy that they even bothered with a "challenge" to the Bible. Makes no sense at all. Not because it isn't violent, etc., but because it's at the foundation of all of the other challenges. The Bible is WHY they challenge books, or at least the religious traditions like the Catholic proscription list and so on.

But it's crazy that they even bothered with a "challenge" to the Bible. Makes no sense at all. Not because it isn't violent, etc., but because it's at the foundation of all of the other challenges. The Bible is WHY they challenge books, or at least the religious traditions like the Catholic proscription list and so on.
I don’t understand it at all maybe an atheist challenged the Bible, as many find it offensive.

It was the school district, not a conservative group. Liberals banned Huck Finn in my school district. I went to the city library, read the book and turned in a book report on it and turned it in. Easy to get books if you really want to.
Yeah, they're always after Mark Twain. That's one thing I learned when I was ten that I could assume with bowdlerized books --- they will always censor the best books, and the best, most important parts of those books. For example, Robinson Crusoe. Did you know he was a slave trader on a plantation in Brazil sent to pick up slaves for a local consortium? And was attacked by Moslem pirates and enslaved himself? And had many adventures with stark naked natives in Africa after he got free of that?

Of course you don't, because although all that is quite important to the story and to a greater understanding of Defoe's times and wonderfully written, all "adaptations" (bowdlerized versions one and all) start with the shipwreck on the island.

There was a time when Texas would be considered the last holdout of real American values. But letting young people take over Austin was where the first cracks started.

Then they got bigger in the past couple years with people leaving places like California and moving to Texas taking their progressive agendas with them.

Glad both books were returned.......sad that this is even a thing to begin with.......is the Q'ran and Torah still on the shelf there or no?

It's a process meant to take the objections of those on all parts of the political spectrum into account.

So not remotely fascist.
Not really. There’s only one side that objections come from. The fascist side.

Forum List

Back