Texas school district pulls 400 books from libraries after state GOP lawmaker's inquiry

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This place is really having a hard time dealing with the modern world. 400 books is a huge amount of literature that is deemed unsuitable for growing minds.

Most of the books listed seem to be more modern but I wonder how they would deal with some of the more older works of classical literature ? Much of it is obscene and vugar and all the better for that. The canterbury tales are vulgar. So is much of Shakespeare and his contemporaries.

My particular favourite is The Alchemist which was written by Ben Johnson. The characters are generally all immoral and universally disgusting. The play exposes contemporary stupidity and the language is disgusting. but it is very relevant today in the age of super Churches and bitcoin. AN Alchemist professes the ability to turn base metal into gold and ts relevance to this age bedevilled by scams is obvious. I doubt that it would pass the Texas test.

Moving on and we see novelists who perfected the new novel art form would also fall foul. I am thinking of Smollett and Fielding. Their books were vulgar and rude, full of sex and bad language. You are not well read if you havent read "Tom Jones" or "Humphrey Clinker". Or Moll Flanders either.

More up to date and we were taught I Claudius and Claudius the God. they were brilliant books but the Romans were rum fuckers and the books laid it all out in detail.

How fragile is the mind of the average texas teenager where a world of perversion is available to them on their phone but academically accepted texts cannot be read under the supervision of a teacher ?

They are in danger of raising a generation of retards and these measures should be fought by all educated people.

When an "education" system gets busy including absolute filth in a curriculum, material that is found offensive by a majority in a community, then that education system can expect pushback. Their community, their choice, their business - NOT YOURS...

When an "education" system gets busy including absolute filth in a curriculum, material that is found offensive by a majority in a community, then that education system can expect pushback. Their community, their choice, their business - NOT YOURS...
You'd have to be able to read those books first......and we know you haven't.

The following are what I remember being put in front of me to read in high school:

The Birds (freshman year, the film was shown too)
The Outsiders (freshman year, the film was shown too)
Romeo And Juliet (freshman year)
Madea (sophomore year, a film was shown too)
The Scarlet Letter (junior year)
The Canterbury Tales (senior year)
MacBeth (senior year)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To be 100% honest, I don't see a point in reading any of the stuff that is put in front of kids during that age. If anything, it may only encourage kids to do whatever is done during the stories if not things that are worse.

This place is really having a hard time dealing with the modern world. 400 books is a huge amount of literature that is deemed unsuitable for growing minds.

Most of the books listed seem to be more modern but I wonder how they would deal with some of the more older works of classical literature ? Much of it is obscene and vugar and all the better for that. The canterbury tales are vulgar. So is much of Shakespeare and his contemporaries.

My particular favourite is The Alchemist which was written by Ben Johnson. The characters are generally all immoral and universally disgusting. The play exposes contemporary stupidity and the language is disgusting. but it is very relevant today in the age of super Churches and bitcoin. AN Alchemist professes the ability to turn base metal into gold and ts relevance to this age bedevilled by scams is obvious. I doubt that it would pass the Texas test.

Moving on and we see novelists who perfected the new novel art form would also fall foul. I am thinking of Smollett and Fielding. Their books were vulgar and rude, full of sex and bad language. You are not well read if you havent read "Tom Jones" or "Humphrey Clinker". Or Moll Flanders either.

More up to date and we were taught I Claudius and Claudius the God. they were brilliant books but the Romans were rum fuckers and the books laid it all out in detail.

How fragile is the mind of the average texas teenager where a world of perversion is available to them on their phone but academically accepted texts cannot be read under the supervision of a teacher ?

They are in danger of raising a generation of retards and these measures should be fought by all educated people.

Just you wait and see, Sir Limey. THIS is but the beginning peel of thunder of the coming storm. Americans have beyond had enough of radical leftist, neo-woke debauchery. Soon enough will come neo witch trials, burnings at the stake and all the rest of the best of the Crusades and Inquisitions. You all brought it on yourselves. You could have stood down decades ago, kept all your immoral madness hidden deep where no one could see it. Instead, you chose to flaunt it, to spread it like a new religion based on good designated as evil and evil designated as good. Reprisal is inbound, inevitable, unstoppable.

Just you wait and see, Sir Limey. THIS is but the beginning peel of thunder of the coming storm. Americans have beyond had enough of radical leftist, neo-woke debauchery. Soon enough will come neo witch trials, burnings at the stake and all the rest of the best of the Crusades and Inquisitions. You all brought it on yourselves. You could have stood down decades ago, kept all your immoral madness hidden deep where no one could see it. Instead, you chose to flaunt it, to spread it like a new religion based on good designated as evil and evil designated as good. Reprisal is inbound, inevitable, unstoppable.
You are fucking crazy mate. Get some help.

The Diaries of Nat Turner is one of the books they dont like. That is a controversial novel but was rated one of the top 100 novels of the last century.
Perhaps the book burners could suggest a novel to replace it ?

On another thread someone stated that Stevie Ray Vaughn is now playing for the angels. :auiqs.jpg:

Especially since the one-legged British faggot that is fussing about this isn't even an American, much less a Texan.

We fought and won two wars against Britain, specifically to establish that how we Americans run our country and our communities is none of their business.

Why would you use the term “retards”? That is such an offensive term. Also, the fragile mind of Texas has been doing many things right. People are fleeing California utopia for Texas failure.

Why would you use the term “retards”? That is such an offensive term. Also, the fragile mind of Texas has been doing many things right. People are fleeing California utopia for Texas failure. if it continues to burn books.
Texas will remain an ignorant backwater if it continues to burn books.

From the article.
Most of those are appropriate and will stay on our library shelves as is, however, some may contain content that needs further review to ensure the books are accessible based on age appropriateness,” Aubrey Chancellor, executive director of communications for the school district, said in a statement obtained by NBC. “For us, this is not about politics or censorship, but rather about ensuring that parents choose what is appropriate for their minor children.”

Chancellor told NBC that the school district had already been reviewing certain library books before Krause’s letter.

“Burning” or banning books of same-sex fantasies between middle -aged adults and under 18 adolescents or banning books on pushing social agendas is not going to make Texas K-12 students ignorant backwater.

Now, if they are banning books that teach math, science, and any content that teaches critical reasoning and thinking, then that will have a negative impact on the development of K-12 kids in Texas.

When one enters a library, they move from the world of reality into la la land.

Have you seen the latest test scores and academic achievements among K-12 in China, Russia, India? They seem to be doing just fine without filling their minds with adult-adolescent sexual fantasies, BLM insight, critical race theory, and other social agenda content from the Left. In fact, the US is increasingly dependent on H1 visas from students from the countries mentioned because US minds are too consumed with useless CRT and LBGTQ content that does nothing for medicine, health, science, IT, and engineering for infrastructure.

New Topics

Forum List

Back