Texas Republicans Won’t Practice What They Preach

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
For me, but not for thee - this should be the Republican motto.

Texas GOP convention will happen in person — but Republican leaders will speak via video

The Republican Party of Texas is moving forward with its controversial in-person convention during the coronavirus pandemic — but elected officials including Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick will be giving their scheduled speeches virtually.

“All the elected officials are switching from a live, in-person speech to videos,” Kyle Whatley, the party’s executive director, said during a town hall livestreamed Tuesday night. “They’re doing that for us in order to focus all the attention on the business of the meeting and to get everybody in and out of here as quickly and as safely as possible.”

Is anyone surprised?

Texas GOP convention will happen in person — but Republican leaders will speak via video

The Republican Party of Texas is moving forward with its controversial in-person convention during the coronavirus pandemic — but elected officials including Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick will be giving their scheduled speeches virtually.

“All the elected officials are switching from a live, in-person speech to videos,” Kyle Whatley, the party’s executive director, said during a town hall livestreamed Tuesday night. “They’re doing that for us in order to focus all the attention on the business of the meeting and to get everybody in and out of here as quickly and as safely as possible.”

Is anyone surprised?
The corona virus is the most pathetic psy-op since 9/11/01. The bar has been lowered so much that if you have the sniffles, you can be labled "COVID-19 positive and anyone that came in contact with you is ALSO "COVID-19" positive. It's a fucking joke and of course YOU have fallen for it.

(snicker)

Likely may have contributed... It's a possibility... May have got it from the produce dude down at the Piggly Wiggly... Until you know for sure, it's all bullshit... Oh yea they have some great sweet corn down there that I am sure they will give you a helluva deal on...

Is anyone surprised?
Texas! Strong Red State. Trump will carry it by 17+ points.

Now they’ve cancelled it completely! All because of a Democrat hoax! :lol:

Does Tulsa want them?

Careful bad mouthing Tulsa. I spent a week there one day. And I slept in a Motel 6.

Is anyone surprised?

Yes, Rump will carry Texas by a margin. Just enough margin to get the EC votes. This time. But the rest of the United States do have something to say about the Election and I predict it's not going to be a runaway due to Florida and Texas going to Rump but Biden will garner 289 EC votes. This ain't 2016 and Biden ain't Hillary.

Does Tulsa want them?

Careful bad mouthing Tulsa. I spent a week there one day. And I slept in a Motel 6.
You spent a week there one day.....how did you accomplish that?

Is anyone surprised?
He’ll most likely lose Texas. And if it’s the wave people are expecting Cornyn will lose, too. But either way, Democrats win the Senate. Only question is whether they end up with 54 or 58 Senators.

Does Tulsa want them?

May???? If you commies didn't inject caveats you'd have nothing to say, you always ignore the demonstrations as a possible cause, I wonder why that is? NOT!!

Is anyone surprised?
He’ll most likely lose Texas. And if it’s the wave people are expecting Cornyn will lose, too. But either way, Democrats win the Senate. Only question is whether they end up with 54 or 58 Senators.

ROFLMFAO

Its called freedom you can choose to go or choose not to as shocking as some will find this people do still have the right to make their own decisions.
Do you have a job? What right do you have to take this virus into your workplace and infect other people?
Your question is beyond stupid normal for you by the way no one is going to knowingly infect anyone. I do have the right to decide where I want to go during this time be it a resturant a political convention or rally.

Is anyone surprised?

Yes, Rump will carry Texas by a margin. Just enough margin to get the EC votes. This time. But the rest of the United States do have something to say about the Election and I predict it's not going to be a runaway due to Florida and Texas going to Rump but Biden will garner 289 EC votes. This ain't 2016 and Biden ain't Hillary.
107696384_2657935277795590_6644920787339387648_n.jpg

Liar, the commie mayor of Houston canceled it, the party officials are looking at their legal options.

Why is it commie to cancel large events in the wake of sharply rising covid cases and hospitalization rates? It isn’t commie, it is common sense.

Does Tulsa want them?

May???? If you commies didn't inject caveats you'd have nothing to say, you always ignore the demonstrations as a possible cause, I wonder why that is? NOT!!

I wonder why you rabid Trumpists don’t think. Has it occurred to you both events could have increased rates? Of course not. Everyone knows this virus is a partisan and only chooses “left wing” vectors from which to spread. Clever virus indeed!

Liar, the commie mayor of Houston canceled it, the party officials are looking at their legal options.

Why is it commie to cancel large events in the wake of sharply rising covid cases and hospitalization rates? It isn’t commie, it is common sense.

Well that's one persons opinion, the commie mayor waited to the last minute when he could have done it weeks ago.

Forum List

Back