Texas Passes Anti-Abortion Law

241267389_4681258041899025_7904624916035215610_n.jpg

Women are probably secretly relieved that they will no longer be forced or threatened or bullied by aggressive men into hiring a technician to kill the lives inside them. Abortion benefits mostly men who see their future responsibilities eliminated at the stroke of a scalpel while women have to live with guilt and symptoms similar to PTSD not to mention physical problems for the rest of their lives.

This is no different than Hitlers Germany where family and neighbors were rewarded for turning on each other. Turn in the Uber drivers?? Republicans are sick

Just one more example of the US marching backward to fascism.

For you Right Wing Wackos

The focus should be on preventing pregnancy. There are so many methods of birth control. You don't have to kill the fetus.

This will likely gut Roe v Wade.

Choice will end in many states...maybe all states.

But the women of Texas CAN do something

Simply refuse to have sex. You won't get pregnant and your men will very shortly come around to electing legislators who will vote for choice
Texans will always have their sheep

This could be interesting....

There are some things to unpack here. A doctor performed an abortion with the direct intent to challenge the new law; forcing authorities to take action. He "admitted" (if you want to use that word) it in the Washington Post opinion page.

. “I understand that by providing an abortion beyond the new legal limit, I am taking a personal risk, but it’s something I believe in strongly,” Alan Braid, a San Antonio OB/GYN, wrote in the opinion piece. “I believe abortion is an essential part of health care. … I can’t just sit back and watch us return to 1972.”
So we have a physician on record as stating that he violated the newly passed Texas law that will allow people to place a "bounty" on the heads of anyone who assists a woman in getting an abortion. Theoretically, I could sue the doctor. So could you.

Texas Right To Life is currently whom you can contact to file a suit it appears:

Enforcement of the law is left up to civilian vigilantes who can earn a $10,000 bounty if they successfully sue anyone who “aids and abets” an illegal abortion, from doctors to clinic staff to even a friend who drives a patient to a clinic. Reports are currently largely being handled by the right-wing evangelical group Texas Right to Life.

A Texas Right to Life spokesperson responding to Braid’s article told the San Antonio Express-News on Saturday: “We are fully aware of this and intend to hold anyone who violates the law accountable. The first step is making sure an actual violation occurred.”

So the ball is now in the court of whomever wants to file a lawsuit it seems. It will likely be the genesis of whatever case the US Supreme Court will have to eventually hear. They could end up in the history books for all posterity. Good luck to the doctor.

Forum List

Back