Texas Governor Sends Kamala Harris "Christmas Present"

Limits. I do support that. We currently have limits:

U.S. immigration law is based on the following principles: the reunification of families, admitting immigrants with skills that are valuable to the U.S. economy, protecting refugees, and promoting diversity.
How do we have limits when MILLIONS are illegally flooding our country along with enough poisonous drugs to kill the entire nation?

Are you sober?

How many unwanted kids have you saved from abortion and adopted hypcrite? You going to keep spamming the thread?

We could go on and on, but I strongly suspect your as big a hypocrite as those you are judging.
And you’re a lying coward who has yet to post proof of your bullshit that we support human trafficking. By the way, YOU are the asshole spamming the thread with bullshit allegations and pathetic deflection attempts.

Limits. I do support that. We currently have limits:

U.S. immigration law is based on the following principles: the reunification of families, admitting immigrants with skills that are valuable to the U.S. economy, protecting refugees, and promoting diversity.

The body of law governing U.S. immigration policy is called the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The INA allows the United States to grant up to 675,000 permanent immigrant visas each year across various visa categories. On top of those 675,000 visas, the INA sets no limit on the annual admission of U.S. citizens’ spouses, parents, and children under the age of 21. In addition, each year the president is required to consult with Congress and set an annual number of refugees to be admitted to the United States through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.

This seems reasonable in terms overall numbers.
Yes, we have limits, by the book. The limits on the books are very reasonable, and I would argue that once we re-secure the border, we should take a look at raising them.

But the Biden Administration isn't going by the book. If people are just walking across and being allowed to stay, which they are

1672282799405.png

Then there is no way to enforce any limit at all.
The other thing is a lot of immigrants just want to come here to work, not become permanent residents, and the jobs are there. We have visas for seasonal or temporary farm workers but we need to expand it to year round jobs as well These jobs, such as dairy work or shepherding are heavily dependent on migrant labor, usually illegal. Provide enough visas to fill those jobs and then crack down on those still employing illegals.
Yes, once we get back the capability to enforce the border, we should definitely talk about that. We should not have third class people living within our borders.
Most of the immigrants at the border apply for as , most don’t meet the qualifications. Opening up more avenues through temporary work visas might reduce some of the pressure on the asylum side. If they are crossing the border illegally and not requesting asylum, they would be deported. For those requesting asylum, the process must be better funded and staffed and expedited.

I am not sure what you mean by telling them enough is enough, the process itself, would do that. Unfortunately, none of it addresses what is pushing so many migrants into taking such dangerous journeys. These people aren’t coming for welfare, they want to work, and do, so what are the drivers?
Yes, the process would do that. If we had a secure border, and didn't have effectively unlimited asylum processes instead.
That is a tough one, and what we do depends on why the person is doing it wouldn’t you think? If it is asylum, then there is a process. Blacksands pointed out they don’t have to be housed in the US while the process plays out, but they do need to be somewhere safe (and this is where “remain in Mexico” fails).

I find it difficult to be explicit because the question itself is really broad.
Of course they are going to say that they are seeking asylum. If they get caught, that is Plan B.

I fully agree that they should wait somewhere else besides just being turned loose in the United States. Non-Mexicans are a growing percent of them. If they were willing to cross through Mexico to cross into the United States, they did not find it unsafe. The previous president's remain in Mexico was brilliant. Both we and Mexico benefited.

Where would you suggest keeping them?

Trump's border wall would have helped, Trump's Title 42 has helped, Trump's remain in Mexico policy has helped, but no matter what the attempts are, you can always rest assured that fucking Dimocrats will ALWAYS oppose it. PERIOD!!!!

Trump's border wall would have helped, Trump's Title 42 has helped, Trump's remain in Mexico policy has helped, but no matter what the attempts are, you can always rest assured that fucking Dimocrats will ALWAYS oppose it. PERIOD!!!!

As will business.

Democrats have no empathy for the migrants. They only want a group of people to vote Democrat so they can have political power. They could care less about the hard working taxpaying American citizens.
Illegal immigrants are not registering to vote, you moron. You got proof that they are? Let's have it.

I tried to discuss this but like usual, all it ends up with is lame rants.
I am more than happy to discuss this. But there's no point if you are going to be that dishonest. I'm always one for second chance so here goes.

Now that we understand that immigrants illegal and otherwise do indeed get benefits let's talk about how the benefits affect the flow into the country.

People who say that immigrants only come for the jobs are like men who used to say they only subscribed to Playboy for the articles. Maybe they truly are avid readers and Playboy has had some very interesting articles. But they certainly enjoy the photography.

If a pregnant woman is living in poverty in Mexico, why in the world would she not cross the border, have the baby, and start collecting welfare? After all, isn't that what welfare is for, to keep the poor from being starving and homeless?

If the jobs were there, but they truly enforce the supposed they don't get benefits idea, illegal immigration would certainly continue. But now we would only be getting those able to support themselves. Well, along with the criminal element also.

So, illegal immigration is a three-legged stool. The job seekers, the welfare seekers, and the profiteers of crime. Of those three, the least objectionable to typical Americans would be the job seekers.

That's why your single-minded approach of only punishing employers would be the absolute least effective solution.

The difference is incredible.

Illegal immigrants are not registering to vote, you moron. You got proof that they are? Let's have it.
Democrats would love to get them registered to vote. They have no empathy for them but are just using these people to keep political power.

Democrats would love to get them registered to vote. They have no empathy for them but are just using these people to keep political power.
Oh, ok. They're not actually registering to vote, right?

The difference is incredible.

The problem is that most Americans don't see charts like that. If there was some such chart that made Trump look bad we couldn't hardly look anywhere without seeing it. This is the huge downside to a media that is practicing political activism instead of journalism. We end up voting for politicians who do things that very few Americans would actually support.

The politicians know that people would not support what they are doing. That's why they tell blatent lies like the border is secure, and people don't just walk across the border. And, because of the compliant media, they get away with those lies.

I am more than happy to discuss this. But there's no point if you are going to be that dishonest. I'm always one for second chance so here goes.

Now that we understand that immigrants illegal and otherwise do indeed get benefits let's talk about how the benefits affect the flow into the country.

People who say that immigrants only come for the jobs are like men who used to say they only subscribed to Playboy for the articles. Maybe they truly are avid readers and Playboy has had some very interesting articles. But they certainly enjoy the photography.

If a pregnant woman is living in poverty in Mexico, why in the world would she not cross the border, have the baby, and start collecting welfare?

Because she can't. I've already posted the link stating so, so bugger off.

Because she can't. I've already posted the link stating so, so bugger off.
Okay, if you don't want to debate further, I certainly don't blame you. You absolutely 100% never posted a link showing that an illegal woman who gives birth to a child in the United States cannot collect welfare benefits.

That would be observed for any website to say.

If Democrats could get their way they would be registered.

Around the country they have made attempts to give illegals the right to vote in local elections, which has mostly failed FOR NOW.

Eventually they'll get a friendly judge, and once that dominoe falls, it will then only be a matter of time until it becomes statewide elections, then national.
The point here is that like you say, if Dimocrats had their way...........................

Forum List

Back