Test on Leviticus (coming Monday)

Will you take the test on Leviticus?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes sir.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Why? Are we Levites?

Let's review John instead. It is more pertinent...

Maybe in April. The course I teach lightly covers all 66 books. It will be a while until I get to John.

Why do you downplay Leviticus? There is no commandment in scripture that obligates us to ignore Leviticus.
You've already told us (correctly) you're unqualified to teach. God has a stern warning for those who set themselves up as "teachers."

Please study for this test on the Book of Leviticus. Read the book one, two, three, four times or even more.

I will either post it here tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning.

Consider the types of sacrifices, the offering required for that sacrifice and the purpose of that sacrifice. Also consider the way Leviticus covers the disease of leprosy. Be able to identify clean and unclean animals. Consider crimes that require the death penalty and pay close attention to the methods of administering the death penalty. Know the names Nadab and Abihu. There are eternal statutes that are to be forever. Pay close attention to anything referencing eternal or the word forever. Consider what types of people were forbidden from entering the temple.

Study hard and I will issue the test as soon as it is convenient. I am currently at a teacher's convention in Myrtle Beach. I have no access to my classroom where the test exists. Good luck. I hope you all make 100% on my test.

What's the interest you have in Leviticus? Leviticus covers the role of priests in ancient Israel and sacrifices that were made in the temple, which BTW,was destroyed in AD 70? Do you believe the pagan mosque will be razed and a new temple will be built in Jerusalem?

Please study for this test on the Book of Leviticus. Read the book one, two, three, four times or even more.

Consider the types of sacrifices, the offering required for that sacrifice and the purpose of that sacrifice. Also consider the way Leviticus covers the disease of leprosy. Be able to identify clean and unclean animals. Consider crimes that require the death penalty and pay close attention to the methods of administering the death penalty. Know the names Nadab and Abihu. There are eternal statutes that are to be forever. Pay close attention to anything referencing eternal or the word forever. Consider what types of people were forbidden from entering the temple.

Study hard and I will issue the test as soon as it is convenient. I am currently at a teacher's convention in Myrtle Beach. I have no access to my classroom where the test exists. Good luck. I hope you all make 100% on my test.

What's the interest you have in Leviticus? Leviticus covers the role of priests in ancient Israel and sacrifices that were made in the temple, which BTW,was destroyed in AD 70? Do you believe the pagan mosque will be razed and a new temple will be built in Jerusalem?

School just started the end of August. We started with Genesis, then Exodus, then Leviticus. Most kids in our school are familiar with Genesis and Exodus stories. I want to really hammer Leviticus so I created my own test for it. They enjoyed it and learned things from it.

No need to test them on the seven days of creation, Noah's flood, the burning bush or the parting of the red sea. They probably knew that junk before school started.

Why? Are we Levites?

Which one? The gospel writer or crazy guy on the island?

I assumed she was talking about the Book of John and not a person.
John wrote the Gospel or Book of John. John of Patmos wrote Revelations

Gospel John and Patmos John are one and the same.

There is a blessing attached to one of the 10 Commandments. Honor thy mother and father, and I will lengthen your days.
John was young when Jesus was crucified. John loved Jesus as a son loves his father. He used to lay his head of Christ's shoulder and listen to Him teach. And when the other disciples ran for their lives while Jesus was on the cross, John never left His side. John became Mary's son at the behest of Christ on the cross. He fulfilled his promise to care for Christ's mother, and John's days were lengthened. Upon his release from Patmos, he joined Mary in Ephesus, and while the other disciples were martyred, John lived to old age and is believed to be buried in Ephesus along with Mary.

Last edited:
Why? Are we Levites?

There is a blessing attached to one of the 10 Commandments. Honor thy mother and father, and I will lengthen your days.
John was young when Jesus was crucified. John loved Jesus as a son loves his father. He used to lay his head of Christ's shoulder and listen to Him teach. And when the other disciples ran for their lives when Jesus was on the cross, John never left His side. John became Mary's son at the behest of Christ on the cross. He fulfilled his promise to Jesus to care for Christ's mother, and John's days were lengthened. Upon his release from Patmos, he joined Mary in Ephesus, and while the other disciples were martyred, John lived to old age and is believed to be buried in Ephesus along with Mary.
I think he was the only apostle blessed to die a natural death, wasn't he?

oops, I forgot. He was boiled in oil, but survived!

Last edited:
20190927_222150.jpg
20190927_221944.jpg

Why? Are we Levites?

I could probably make one on the Book of John. Do you think it would be mocked less than my test on Leviticus? John has a lot of material. It might have to be three separate tests. Is that ok?

I hold my teachers to a very high standard. It takes a lot to school me. But I am always open to learning something new, so teach whatever you think will make an impression.
I do believe that everything in the Bible is there for a purpose, I just questioned the relevance of your choice of testing material. People are in dire need of Christ. Of priestly protocol, not so much.
Will you be mocked less? No. This is USMB, not Sunday school...

Last edited:
[He was boiled in oil, but survived!

I don't get it.
Can I eat a cheeseburger while I take the test?

033_FR11785.jpg

Yes. lol. That may actually be on the test. Just remember the clean and unclean animals.

The Book of Leviticus forbids you from boiling meat in its mother's milk. This is often interpreted as keeping dairy products and meat products separate. Eating blood and fat are forbidden and well. Hamburgers contain lots of fat. I guess if you cook the meat enough that would meet the criteria of removing the blood but not by mainstream kosher delis. So that cheeseburger is certainly not allowed by several standards of Levitical law. Having it around might actually help you on the test.

I do believe that everything in the Bible is there for a purpose, I just questioned the relevance of your choice of testing material. People are in dire need of Christ. Of priestly protocol, not so much

Turn the other cheek is a clever standard taught by Christians . It can mean nothing to you as a kid, as a young adult, as a middle aged adult but then one day an experience as a 75 year old can make the power of that message an overwhelming joy to your life. All that time it just sit their dormant but it was never dead. The word of God shall not return void.

Why do Christians assume that other unpopular portions of the Bible have any less power?

I despise the term, "practical application". This means over 90% of the Bible is irrelevant. I doubt that. It is there. Man cannot live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Just because there isn't an immediate application doesn't mean you should never plant the seed. Next time I hear you downplay Leviticus as irrelevant I will be equally disappointed as I am this time.

The curriculum I am using covers all 66 books of the Bible in 9 months. I didn't choose Leviticus. It was one of those 66 books.

Since we are under a better covenant than the Jews, here is how God feels about your food.

If you decide that not eating pizza is a sacrifice to the Lord, then God considers not eating pizza a sacrifice to Him and honors it. If you believe that by eating pizza you are sacrificing to the Lord, God considers it a sacrifice to Him and honors it, because what is in your stomach is of no concern to your Father. It is what is in your heart that matters. The New Covenant says all food is clean:
One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Therefore:
NT:
Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.
Because, according to Mark:
"...For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”

I have a feeling this might be helpful for the quiz...

Why? Are we Levites?

John was young when Jesus was crucified. John loved Jesus as a son loves his father. He used to lay his head of Christ's shoulder and listen to Him teach. And when the other disciples ran for their lives while Jesus was on the cross, John never left His side. John became Mary's son at the behest of Christ on the cross. He fulfilled his promise to care for Christ's mother, and John's days were lengthened. Upon his release from Patmos, he joined Mary in Ephesus, and while the other disciples were martyred, John lived to old age and is believed to be buried in Ephesus along with Mary.
The Gospel of John was written well after the Crucifixen-different people.

School just started the end of August. We started with Genesis, then Exodus, then Leviticus. Most kids in our school are familiar with Genesis and Exodus stories. I want to really hammer Leviticus so I created my own test for it. They enjoyed it and learned things from it.

No need to test them on the seven days of creation, Noah's flood, the burning bush or the parting of the red sea. They probably knew that junk before school started.

What a sad little man you really are

How did you gather that just because I pointed out that 6th graders are more familiar with Genesis and Exodus than they are with Leviticus?

I am 5'3" which is considered little by most people. Does shorter height cause people to notice obvious things at a faster pace?

My statement was intended to clarify that students are less familiar with Leviticus than Exodus and Genesis. How does this give you clues into my level of cheerfulness and my height? I am unimpressed by your ridiculous methodology unless you can explain it to me.

What a sad little man you really are

How did you gather that just because I pointed out that 6th graders are more familiar with Genesis and Exodus than they are with Leviticus?

I am 5'3" which is considered little by most people. Does shorter height cause people to notice obvious things at a faster pace?

My statement was intended to clarify that students are less familiar with Leviticus than Exodus and Genesis. How does this give you clues into my level of cheerfulness and my height? I am unimpressed by your ridiculous methodology unless you can explain it to me.

Small has little to do with physical size and everything to do with how you choose to conduct yourself. Taking potshots at Tabernacle living by desert Israelites in the Bible because you can.

Really

If I were teaching a religion class on Christianity I would teach the parables Christ taught, I would teach how his ministry unfolded, I would teach the passion of Christ and I would teach the resurrection of Christ.

Most of Leviticus really isn't that interesting or relevant, at least to non-theological school kids.

Procedures and protocols for sacrifices which haven't been done in many, many centuries are something that will not be very exciting to the kids.

If I were teaching a religion class on Christianity I would teach the parables Christ taught, I would teach how his ministry unfolded, I would teach the passion of Christ and I would teach the resurrection of Christ.

Most of Leviticus really isn't that interesting or relevant, at least to non-theological school kids.

Procedures and protocols for sacrifices which haven't been done in many, many centuries are something that will not be very exciting to the kids.
I agree. He’s doing it to validate his own beliefs.

Since we are under a better covenant than the Jews, here is how God feels about your food.

If you decide that not eating pizza is a sacrifice to the Lord, then God considers not eating pizza a sacrifice to Him and honors it. If you believe that by eating pizza you are sacrificing to the Lord, God considers it a sacrifice to Him and honors it, because what is in your stomach is of no concern to your Father. It is what is in your heart that matters. The New Covenant says all food is clean:
One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Therefore:
NT:
Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.
Because, according to Mark:
"...For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”

I have a feeling this might be helpful for the quiz...

Since those are text outside of the Book of Leviticus then it will not help you on the test. If I were to give you a Bible test then that would be helpful. This test is on Leviticus only. I think the texts you mentioned are in Corinthians and Mark. They will most certainly not be on the test.

interesting

I got 6th graders excited about Leviticus. Last year I taught 10th graders. The only thing 10th graders were excited about was leaving class.

relevant,

Oh? I am sorry. I am not aware of any Christian movement that has removed Leviticus from the Bible. Besides, in the field of apologetics knowledge of Leviticus is extremely useful. Atheists love to use Leviticus to attack Christianity. Christians just bury their head, cry, scream and whine when Leviticus is mentioned. Almost every chapter in Leviticus it clearly says that it comes from God to Moses and is intended for the Israelites. Why are Christians so afraid of it?

There are two choices. Life and death. Always choose the decision that respects life even when death is necessary for food. Always have disdain for things that reduces the potential for life.

Taking potshots at Tabernacle living by desert Israelites in the Bible because you can.

I have a bad short term memory sometimes but I almost certain this never happened.

Have you did anything illegal this morning? (like smoking or something)

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."--Matthew 18:6

Forum List

Back