Tennessee governor signs law to outlaw certain types of rioting, vandalism, and violence

Sounds to me the actions of a bunch of cowards. If this is a good thing why the need to do it without letting people know?

The rioters, looters, murderers, pillagers are cowards and completely worthless.

They aren't the ones hiding behind closed doors. They are willing to stand up for their beliefs.........unlike these politicians.
you people LOVE criminals for some reason
EGarner
MBrown
GFloyd
ASterling
KScott
etc etc etc --every one a jackass thug criminal

Police officers are not prosecutors and executioners.
you make yourself look very stupid
HERE is the definition of execute--which you obviously don't know

Exactly. That's what has happened in many cases.
----babbling crap you are--that's why you people will continue to have problems----no, that's not what happened in many cases

I'm not having problems. Not everything is about me.
AND--HAHAHHAHA
--that cop went to jail--the system DOES work--bad cops DO go to jail = BLM/you/etc are full of shit

They are starting to. Slager is still on the force if not for someone nearby with a cell phone.

Cauvin is still on the force if not for someone with a cell phone.

Before long we will get it to where the police do not own the body camera footage.
.....even Floyd's death was not murder--maybe manslaughter --the cop was trying to subdue a jackass criminal
1. not police brutality
2. race not involved

Exactly, now Im reading the cop didn't even have any pressure on the dudes neck.
1. he didn't mean to kill him
2. it wasn't racial
3. he was trying to keep a jackass that had resisted subdued
plain and simple

Thats exactly right.

Sounds to me the actions of a bunch of cowards. If this is a good thing why the need to do it without letting people know?

The rioters, looters, murderers, pillagers are cowards and completely worthless.

They aren't the ones hiding behind closed doors. They are willing to stand up for their beliefs.........unlike these politicians.
EGarner
MBrown
GFloyd
ASterling
KScott

you make yourself look very stupid
HERE is the definition of execute--which you obviously don't know

Exactly. That's what has happened in many cases.
----babbling crap you are--that's why you people will continue to have problems----no, that's not what happened in many cases

I'm not having problems. Not everything is about me.
AND--HAHAHHAHA
--that cop went to jail--the system DOES work--bad cops DO go to jail = BLM/you/etc are full of shit

They are starting to. Slager is still on the force if not for someone nearby with a cell phone.

Cauvin is still on the force if not for someone with a cell phone.

Before long we will get it to where the police do not own the body camera footage.
.....even Floyd's death was not murder--maybe manslaughter --the cop was trying to subdue a jackass criminal
1. not police brutality
2. race not involved

If he is found guilty of manslaughter it will be a step forward. Not long ago he wouldn't have been charged with anything.
-----haaaaa --you fkd up again!!!!!!! not long ago ---five YEARS!!!!--2015 Slager WAS charged and convicted
..and--it all proves my point:
Slager = 2015
Floyd = 2020
there is not a problem of police brutality---that's only 2 in 5 years
10 MILLION arrests per year--MILLIONS more police contacts--MILLIONS more traffic stops--and not many unjustified police shootings--not much brutality
..it WILL happen--like parents '''killing'' their kids in hot cars/etc
..it's all in my thread

There are many every week.
please post these......I had a thread on it--did you post them there?

Their beliefs are communism and marxism. They can go to hell.

You are the one arguing for a police state.

Not at all. Im for law and order and against communism and marxism. You're for communism?

I'm for what this country is supposed to stand for but really never has. A fair and just justice system.

I am too. We're not perfect but we do right our wrongs ie civil war, slavery, segregation. Humans will NEVER run a perfect system. Thats a fact.

Not at all. Im for law and order and against communism and marxism. You're for communism?

I'm for what this country is supposed to stand for but really never has. A fair and just justice system.

I am too. We're not perfect but we do right our wrongs ie civil war, slavery, segregation. Humans will NEVER run a perfect system. Thats a fact.

Every time a police officer lies and gets away with it is another chip out of that justice system.

Videos often contradict what police say in reports. Here's why some officers continue to lie

After posting this I also thought about the case of Masai Ujiri . Nobody was killed but it shows a part of the continuing problem.

Despite the officer wearing a body cam he still lied about the situation. So far he has got away with it.

Dramatic new bodycam footage shows Sheriff's Deputy shoved Raptors' president during altercation

Every time a police officer lies and gets away with it is another chip out of that justice system.

Videos often contradict what police say in reports. Here's why some officers continue to lie

After posting this I also thought about the case of Masai Ujiri . Nobody was killed but it shows a part of the continuing problem.

Despite the officer wearing a body cam he still lied about the situation. So far he has got away with it.

Dramatic new bodycam footage shows Sheriff's Deputy shoved Raptors' president during altercation

You can name whatever amount of anecdotals. I can do the same. We're not perfect and we have flaws and I could easily dig the other way. I saw white cops drag a black man off a bus in Massachusetts for not wearing a mask and nary a peep by the media or libs.

You can name whatever amount of anecdotals. I can do the same. We're not perfect and we have flaws and I could easily dig the other way. I saw white cops drag a black man off a bus in Massachusetts for not wearing a mask and nary a peep by the media or libs.

Not everything gets covered. Which only shows that the problem is bigger than presented in the media.

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee (R) quietly signed a bill into law ramping up punishments for certain kinds of protests, including losing the right to vote.

The GOP-controlled state General Assembly passed the measure last week during a three-day special legislative session and was signed without an announcement earlier this week.

Among other things, the new law stipulates that people who illegally camp on state property will face a Class E felony, punishable by up to six years in prison. People found guilty of a felony in Tennessee lose the right to vote.

The new law also slaps a mandatory 45-day sentence for aggravated rioting, boosts the fine for blocking highway access to emergency vehicles and enhances the punishment for aggravated assault against a first responder to a Class C felony.
Lee and state Republicans have defended the legislation, pointing to fires that were set inside and outside a courthouse in May, though Lee has acknowledged there were portions of the bill he “would have done differently.”

AND

“This bill increases the punishment for illegal camping on state property from a Class A misdemeanor to a Class E felony with a mandatory minimum sentence of 30 days imprisonment and an order of restitution for any property damage or loss incurred as a result of the offense,” the summary of HB 8005 reads.

“This bill generally prohibits the release of a person arrested for any of the following offenses for 12 hours from the time of the arrest: camping on state property, vandalism of government property, rioting, aggravated rioting, inciting a riot, or obstructing a highway.”

The measure comes after demonstrations have been carried out for months in front of the state capital building. The demonstrations are a part of nationwide unrest that followed the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police in May.

In addition, the new law mandates a 45-day jail sentence to those guilty of aggravated riot, higher fines for blocking emergency vehicles on highways and Class C felony for assaults on first responders.

The Democrats, Media, and the ACLU are all up in arms about this, but the premise is peaceful protest is fine but rioting is not. I don't know all the details, but this sounds like a good idea to me.

Hmmmm...so only "certain types of rioting, vandalism, and violence" are outlawed? Does that mean lynching is still okay in Tennessee?

Their belief that burning, smashing windows and looting is fun? Or gets them free stuff and eases the pain they feeling like FAILURES in life?

Interesting....

What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson.

The thing will rebellion is for you to considered to not be traitors is you have to win, or at least lose in such a way that the winners let you off the hook.

What we are seeing here isn't rebellion, its a temper tantrum.

The authoritarians have never been able to win these arguments. Funny you say that though being on the side of those who fought and lost but yet you think we should still honor those people with statues.

Sorry, but not wanting property destroyed isn't authoritarian.

Then listen to the complaints of the people. Don't call them SOB's and walk out on them like this administration did.

They fought, they lost, the two issues aren't related except via the violence of the current crop of temper tantrum throwing sissies.

And they are winning.

They don't want us to listen, they want us to comply and submit.

Fuck them, and fuck you too.

Their belief that burning, smashing windows and looting is fun? Or gets them free stuff and eases the pain they feeling like FAILURES in life?

Interesting....

What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson.

The thing will rebellion is for you to considered to not be traitors is you have to win, or at least lose in such a way that the winners let you off the hook.

What we are seeing here isn't rebellion, its a temper tantrum.

The authoritarians have never been able to win these arguments. Funny you say that though being on the side of those who fought and lost but yet you think we should still honor those people with statues.

Sorry, but not wanting property destroyed isn't authoritarian.

Then listen to the complaints of the people. Don't call them SOB's and walk out on them like this administration did.

They fought, they lost, the two issues aren't related except via the violence of the current crop of temper tantrum throwing sissies.

And they are winning.
The complaints of the people for more free shit have been heard and dismissed. Arm everyone and let the people fight it out. Start dropping hand grenades from helicopters.

Heard and dismissed? Didn't Trump say he was going to sign an EO to give people free stuff?

Fuh Fuh Fuh, Trump, Fuh Fuh Fuh, pkopp shoves hot irons up his ass, fuh fuh fuh.

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee (R) quietly signed a bill into law ramping up punishments for certain kinds of protests, including losing the right to vote.

The GOP-controlled state General Assembly passed the measure last week during a three-day special legislative session and was signed without an announcement earlier this week.

Among other things, the new law stipulates that people who illegally camp on state property will face a Class E felony, punishable by up to six years in prison. People found guilty of a felony in Tennessee lose the right to vote.

The new law also slaps a mandatory 45-day sentence for aggravated rioting, boosts the fine for blocking highway access to emergency vehicles and enhances the punishment for aggravated assault against a first responder to a Class C felony.
Lee and state Republicans have defended the legislation, pointing to fires that were set inside and outside a courthouse in May, though Lee has acknowledged there were portions of the bill he “would have done differently.”

AND

“This bill increases the punishment for illegal camping on state property from a Class A misdemeanor to a Class E felony with a mandatory minimum sentence of 30 days imprisonment and an order of restitution for any property damage or loss incurred as a result of the offense,” the summary of HB 8005 reads.

“This bill generally prohibits the release of a person arrested for any of the following offenses for 12 hours from the time of the arrest: camping on state property, vandalism of government property, rioting, aggravated rioting, inciting a riot, or obstructing a highway.”

The measure comes after demonstrations have been carried out for months in front of the state capital building. The demonstrations are a part of nationwide unrest that followed the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police in May.

In addition, the new law mandates a 45-day jail sentence to those guilty of aggravated riot, higher fines for blocking emergency vehicles on highways and Class C felony for assaults on first responders.

The Democrats, Media, and the ACLU are all up in arms about this, but the premise is peaceful protest is fine but rioting is not. I don't know all the details, but this sounds like a good idea to me.

Hmmmm...so only "certain types of rioting, vandalism, and violence" are outlawed? Does that mean lynching is still okay in Tennessee?

What a smug little shit you are.

All this rioting is merely peaceful protest to head up your ass commie cucks like you.

AND

Only if you are lynching a Democrat. That's how they keep it a good state.

So whats unjust about it? Take the Floyd case. Although not intentional, they charged the officer with murder before an investigation even started. All police shootings are investigated, and if there is a death involved, investigated by several agencies. If it's a genuine case of possible civil rights violations, it's even investigated by the FBI. So what's unjust about any of it?

So whats unjust about it? Take the Floyd case. Although not intentional, they charged the officer with murder before an investigation even started. All police shootings are investigated, and if there is a death involved, investigated by several agencies. If it's a genuine case of possible civil rights violations, it's even investigated by the FBI. So what's unjust about any of it?

For years the lies presented by the cops were simply accepted no questions asked. It still happens.

For years the lies presented by the cops were simply accepted no questions asked. It still happens.

what lies? do arrestees lie about cops? For several years my work included examining arrestees who complained of sickness or injury. I did it lots of times------I'll lay claim to 1000 or more times. I discovered that people who are arrested LIE CLEVERLY AND INCESSANTLY. I could examine a person who presents with a REAL and serious illness
in less than 1 hour---or even 1/2 hour. An habitual
arrestee ----with a lie could take several hours in a busy emergency room. -----and often did it over and over and over........again

EGarner
MBrown
GFloyd
ASterling
KScott

Neither am I, but if somebody presents me with the threat of serious bodily harm or death, I have the right to be a prosecutor and executioner. It's called our law.

Which wasn't the case in most of those cases. Most of those were even minor infractions.

Most of them were unintentional accidents. Every one could have been avoided if the suspect obeyed all orders of the police officers. That's what starts these problems 99.9% of the time. When a person resists arrest, what do you want to police to do, tell him perhaps another time when he's in a better mood? What if a suspect runs? Do you want the cops to just stand there and watch him go?

Depends on what he was wanted for. Michael Slager is in prison for shooting a man in the back over a broken tail light. He had his car. Yes, let him run off as opposed to shooting him in the back.

Like you said, he's in prison for it too. The officer should have ran after him to subdue him. But these kinds of incidents happen to a fraction of 1% of our police force on a national level.

I don't know what this guy did or what he was up to, but nobody runs from a police officer over a broken tail light. Even though the guy is dead and the officer in jail, he'd still be alive today most likely if he didn't run at all.

what lies? do arrestees lie about cops?

Yes but they aren't simply accepted as fact.

I posted this one earlier. I could post 50. Even knowing what happened was being recorded the officer still lied about what happened.

For several years my work included examining arrestees who complained of sickness or injury. I did it lots of times------I'll lay claim to 1000 or more times. I discovered that people who are arrested LIE CLEVERLY AND INCESSANTLY. I could examine a person who presents with a REAL and serious illness
in less than 1 hour---or even 1/2 hour. An habitual
arrestee ----with a lie could take several hours in a busy emergency room. -----and often did it over and over and over........again

Irrelevant to anything. But anyone that simply took you at your word would have been a fool.

AND

Rioting was already illegal.

EGarner
MBrown
GFloyd
ASterling
KScott

Neither am I, but if somebody presents me with the threat of serious bodily harm or death, I have the right to be a prosecutor and executioner. It's called our law.

Which wasn't the case in most of those cases. Most of those were even minor infractions.

Most of them were unintentional accidents. Every one could have been avoided if the suspect obeyed all orders of the police officers. That's what starts these problems 99.9% of the time. When a person resists arrest, what do you want to police to do, tell him perhaps another time when he's in a better mood? What if a suspect runs? Do you want the cops to just stand there and watch him go?

Depends on what he was wanted for. Michael Slager is in prison for shooting a man in the back over a broken tail light. He had his car. Yes, let him run off as opposed to shooting him in the back.

Like you said, he's in prison for it too. The officer should have ran after him to subdue him. But these kinds of incidents happen to a fraction of 1% of our police force on a national level.

I don't know what this guy did or what he was up to, but nobody runs from a police officer over a broken tail light. Even though the guy is dead and the officer in jail, he'd still be alive today most likely if he didn't run at all.

Even though the system has found the officer guilty you still find this need to make excuses and defend him.

When? The 1960's? No. All suspect deaths are thoroughly investigated. They bring in investigators, they bring in outside agencies like the Sherrif's department, adjoining city detectives, forensic scientists, all of them. Nobody just takes a police officers word for anything. If you know of such a case, then post a link to it.

Forum List

Back