Temperature and Heat are Not the Same Thing?

While we're on the subject, can we also agree that an "anomaly" is not a temperature?
Sure. However, it is a measure of a change in temperature, which makes it a good descriptor of what's happening. Anyone saying a global temperature anomaly doesn't matter is someone who is trying to ignore good data, so they probably don't have noble intentions.

While we're on the subject, can we also agree that an "anomaly" is not a temperature?
It is a temperature differential.
iow we're agreeing that anomalies are NOT temperatures.

We also agree that It is possible to know the anomaly w/o knowing the temperature. It is not possible to know the temperature of something even if we know its anomaly. An anomaly of one data set can not be applied to and calculated w/ an assortment of anomalies of another data set; anomalies are specific to and only relevant to a particular set.

Finally we are agreeing that anomalies are one kind of data and temperatures are a completely different kind of data.

Sure. However, it is a measure of a change in temperature, which makes it a good descriptor of what's happening. Anyone saying a global temperature anomaly doesn't matter is someone who is trying to ignore good data, so they probably don't have noble intentions.
OK, so let's agree that both anomalies and temperatures have something to do w/ heat, just like the number of BTU's in an air conditioner and the quantity of fur coats in a warehouse both have something to do w/ heat.

At the same time anomalies are NOT temperatures.

We should be able to agree that It is possible to know the anomaly w/o knowing the temperature. It is not possible to know the temperature of something even if we know its anomaly. An anomaly of one data set can not be applied to and calculated w/ an assortment of anomalies of another data set; anomalies are specific to and only relevant to a particular set. In contrast, knowing the temperature of something at a specific time is useful even if that temperature was measured with different methods and at a different time.

Finally we need to agree that anomalies are one kind of data and temperatures are a completely different kind of data.

How about if you try to do a better job at remembering what you yourself have said, particularly before accusing me of lying about it.
Exactly what I do. I see you avoided posting the next response I asked you to post. Called your own self out.

no it doesn't. It only points out a change. That's it. there is no explanation of why. Irrational response from yet another demofk.

no it doesn't. It only points out a change. That's it. there is no explanation of why. Irrational response from yet another demofk.
Let me point out that if you look at your thermometer and it says 72F, what it really means is that it's 72 Fahrenheit degrees above a temperature of 0 Fahrenheit degrees.

Let me point out that if you look at your thermometer and it says 72F, what it really means is that it's 72 Fahrenheit degrees above a temperature of 0 Fahrenheit degrees.
so the fk what? it's called a change, an anomaly not seen before. Like a one off when average temperatures are 20F and then it is 72 for one day, that's an anomaly. BTW, that is information unavailable in an Ice core or tree ring. And why they don't belong in the same graph as instrument readings.

so the fk what? it's called a change, an anomaly not seen before. Like a one off when average temperatures are 20F and then it is 72 for one day, that's an anomaly. BTW, that is information unavailable in an Ice core or tree ring. And why they don't belong in the same graph as instrument readings.
Mamooth was right the other day when he said you folks were flailing. What have we got these days:

Anomalies aren't temperatures
Are temperature and heat the same thing?
Did Atlantean motor vehicles cause ancient sea level rise.
AGW is refuted by the lack of GW warnings in leases.
AGW is refuted by rich people still buying waterfront properties.
NASA is using withdrawn papers but I won't tell you which ones.
Biden fact-checked by denier whack job.
The pandemic showed no reduction in CO2 when viewed at the wrong scale.
If we plot a 2 degree rise on a 140 degree scale it will be hard to see.

These, ladies and gentlemen, are "flailing".

Anomalies aren't temperatures
Are temperature and heat the same thing?
Did Atlantean motor vehicles cause ancient sea level rise.
AGW is refuted by the lack of GW warnings in leases.
AGW is refuted by rich people still buying waterfront properties.
NASA is using withdrawn papers but I won't tell you which ones.
Biden fact-checked by denier whack job.
The pandemic showed no reduction in CO2 when viewed at the wrong scale.
If we plot a 2 degree rise on a 140 degree scale it will be hard to see.
All facts. I'll go with that.

Where has climate changed? what are we supposed to care about?

Where'd you go master flailer?

All facts. I'll go with that.

Where has climate changed? what are we supposed to care about?

Where'd you go master flailer?

I have been responding to you all day on multiple threads. Take your "where'd you go" bullshit and shove it up your ass.

Forum List

Back