Tell us why you vote Republican. And if you make a claim - PROVE IT!

So tell us why you vote Republican.

Tell us which of their policies have worked in the last 15 years. And be able to prove it. No wild claims without evidence. Opinion pieces aren't evidence. Win us over with "facts".

I suspect you can't be "won over" , but I'll give it a go.

Being as I'm not a partisan jerkoff who votes straight D or R , I have often voted for Republican candidates who I believe have MY interests in mind more than their own , or some third parties.

To be frank, when deciding on who to vote for; I don't care if gays ever have the right to marry. I'm not gay
I don't care if the poor starve, I'm not poor.
I don't care about anything except ME and MINE. I vote for the candidate for each office who I feel will represent ME the best.

Who am I? I'm the white middle aged guy who busts his ass everyday to raise a family . I go to work , I pay my taxes, I ask for little in return from government, mostly to be left the hell alone. So in regards to that her lately the Democrats simply aren't doing that. Nearly everything that comes out of DC is designed to tell me what to do, or how I should live. Mostly that is because of Democrats.

So can I list Republican policies that have worked for me? Yes, the Bush tax cuts helped my family quite a bit. For instance. Did it hurt others? I don't care.

As an intellectual exercise I enjoy debating the topics, as a practical matter if something doesn't affect me it doesn't enter into my thoughts when voting.

So what you're saying is that the only reason you vote for republicans is because you're a selfish, greedy person.

You obviously don't give a damn about our nation. Only about yourself and your family.

Let me give you a clue. If America fails, so do you.

Now, let me give you a clue

If most Americans succeed, so does the country.

You have it exactly backwards

Hey Dana 7360 instead of running around disliking posts which really don't say anything that needs to be disliked, why don't you post something of your own.

Tell us which of their policies have worked in the last 15 years. And be able to prove it. No wild claims without evidence. Opinion pieces aren't evidence. Win us over with "facts".

Being as I'm not a partisan jerkoff who votes straight D or R , I have often voted for Republican candidates who I believe have MY interests in mind more than their own , or some third parties.

To be frank, when deciding on who to vote for; I don't care if gays ever have the right to marry. I'm not gay
I don't care about anything except ME and MINE. I vote for the candidate for each office who I feel will represent ME the best.

Who am I? I'm the white middle aged guy who busts his ass everyday to raise a family . I go to work , I pay my taxes, I ask for little in return from government, mostly to be left the hell alone. So in regards to that her lately the Democrats simply aren't doing that. Nearly everything that comes out of DC is designed to tell me what to do, or how I should live. Mostly that is because of Democrats.

So can I list Republican policies that have worked for me? Yes, the Bush tax cuts helped my family quite a bit. For instance. Did it hurt others? I don't care.

As an intellectual exercise I enjoy debating the topics, as a practical matter if something doesn't affect me it doesn't enter into my thoughts when voting.

So what you're saying is that the only reason you vote for republicans is because you're a selfish, greedy person.

You obviously don't give a damn about our nation. Only about yourself and your family.

People don't succeed on their own.

No one person can build a nation.

From the doctor who treated your mother in prenatal care and delivery, to the pediatrician who cared for you as a baby to the doctors who cared for you through your life. The engineers who designed and built the roads, bridges and airports. To the worker who comes and takes your garbage away every week. To the people who created the water system you have to turn on your faucet. Everyone contributes. Everyone benefits from our public education system, our roads, bridges and infrastructure. Everyone benefits from the police, fire and EMT system. Everyone benefits from our public hospitals and health care system.

None of that could be possible if a person only thinks of themselves. No one person can create our society. It's not financially possible and it doesn't serve all the people of our nation.

You benefitted from tax dollars and other people from the minute your were conceived. If that teacher only thought of themselves, you wouldn't have been taught to read, write, calculate math or know about our world. Or your parents would have had to teach you. If they didn't have the math skills to teach you advanced math you were out of luck. If the doctor only thought of themselves, you wouldn't have had proper prenatal care to be born healthy. Nor would you have stayed healthy until your death. If the engineer only thought of themselves you wouldn't have roads to drive on or bridges or airports.

It's people who only thought of themselves that caused our economy to collapse. Those who didn't care if mortgages were fraudulent, those who used other people's money to gamble with in the stock market and all the other factors that caused the collapse in 2008.

It's the fact that we as a nation come together to get things done that we have become such a great nation. I believe you conservatives call it American Exceptionalism.

No one person could have taken America to the moon and back. No one person can build a hospital or a road. No one person can do the research needed to immunize your child against killer diseases.

There's a reason why your attitude isn't implemented in America. It doesn't work and it destroys nations.

I'm on the right because people like rderp are on the left.
people like ShootmySpeedos are on the right....so the safest place to be is somewhere in between....
I wear political rollernskates and shift as the situation dictates. I try to avoid morons on either side.
for me it all depends on the subject....i have been called a "libturd" by some righties here and have been called a "right wing wacko" by a leftie here....i enjoy being a "Blue Dog RINO".....

From the doctor who treated your mother in prenatal care and delivery, to the pediatrician who cared for you as a baby to the doctors who cared for you through your life. The engineers who designed and built the roads, bridges and airports. To the worker who comes and takes your garbage away every week. To the people who created the water system you have to turn on your faucet. Everyone contributes. Everyone benefits from our public education system, our roads, bridges and infrastructure. Everyone benefits from the police, fire and EMT system. Everyone benefits from our public hospitals and health care system.

None of that could be possible if a person only thinks of themselves. No one person can create our society. It's not financially possible and it doesn't serve all the people of our nation.

You benefitted from tax dollars and other people from the minute your were conceived. If that teacher only thought of themselves, you wouldn't have been taught to read, write, calculate math or know about our world. Or your parents would have had to teach you. If they didn't have the math skills to teach you advanced math you were out of luck. If the doctor only thought of themselves, you wouldn't have had proper prenatal care to be born healthy. Nor would you have stayed healthy until your death. If the engineer only thought of themselves you wouldn't have roads to drive on or bridges or airports.

It's people who only thought of themselves that caused our economy to collapse. Those who didn't care if mortgages were fraudulent, those who used other people's money to gamble with in the stock market and all the other factors that caused the collapse in 2008.

It's the fact that we as a nation come together to get things done that we have become such a great nation. I believe you conservatives call it American Exceptionalism.

No one person could have taken America to the moon and back. No one person can build a hospital or a road. No one person can do the research needed to immunize your child against killer diseases.

There's a reason why your attitude isn't implemented in America. It doesn't work and it destroys nations.

Ah, but you just aren't thinking through things rationally.

And unlike you I won't dislike a post just because I disagree with your opinion.

Your reasoning would be sound if only some people voted, but in this country of course EVERYONE can vote and so what we get is an amalgamation of everyone voting for their own self interests resulting in representatives who then try to make as many of their constituents happy as possible (theoretically at least)

As a voter, it isn't my job to worry about you, it's my job to elect a representative who I think will best represent me and it's his (or her) job to worry about you and I both (again, theoretically)

Your points about no one can do it on their own, etc etc are irrelevant to the discussion. I have kids therefor it is in MY interest to support public schools and I never said otherwise.

Whoa...did that really make sense to you? Well of course it took more than one person to go to the moon and back but telling people that their individual achievements are due to the "collective" rather than the hard work that THEY put into what they accomplished is nonsense! The doctor that delivered you did so for $. The teacher that taught you math did so for a paycheck. Both of them worked hard to get degrees that would provide them a living. That wasn't a "collective" effort...that was an individual effort. I don't care how many people it takes to make a village...if you're a lazy sack of shit...then you probably aren't going to be a success.

The whole concept of American Exceptionalism is based in large part on our belief in individual achievement. The thing that made America so different from so many OTHER places on earth is that here you COULD succeed by dint of hard work and ambition.

Whoa...did that really make sense to you? Well of course it took more than one person to go to the moon and back but telling people that their individual achievements are due to the "collective" rather than the hard work that THEY put into what they accomplished is nonsense! The doctor that delivered you did so for $. The teacher that taught you math did so for a paycheck. Both of them worked hard to get degrees that would provide them a living. That wasn't a "collective" effort...that was an individual effort. I don't care how many people it takes to make a village...if you're a lazy sack of shit...then you probably aren't going to be a success.

The whole concept of American Exceptionalism is based in large part on our belief in individual achievement. The thing that made America so different from so many OTHER places on earth is that here you COULD succeed by dint of hard work and ambition.

Yep, and now we have at least a substantial minority of people who want to succeed without working at all. That isn't going to happen.

Yep, and now we have at least a substantial minority of people who want to succeed without working at all. That isn't going to happen.

The definition of "success" seems to have changed...hasn't it? Getting by while doing as little as possible doesn't exactly equate to the American Dream but for far too many in this country...that now IS the goal which is sad.

The definition of "success" seems to have changed...hasn't it? Getting by while doing as little as possible doesn't exactly equate to the American Dream but for far too many in this country...that now IS the goal which is sad.

It is quite sad, I fail to see how anyone could be happy sitting at the house waiting to get "the check" every month rather than being a productive member of society.

I'd rather work a minimum wage job then collect twice as much on welfare, guess I'm strange that way

When I vote republican it's mainly because they're not democrats. Today's democrats encourage and embrace the depletion of structured families which is at the core of social demise. They divide the country, that is, they are the party of segregation, pandering to each group they create. They stifle economic progress through their green energy and AGW scam. Their foreign policy leaves the US in mortal danger.
Anything but a democrat.

Hey Dana 7360 instead of running around disliking posts which really don't say anything that needs to be disliked, why don't you post something of your own.

Really. The guy has disliked about 50 of my posts so far. I was starting to think he was stalking me.

It's ok you wacked out right wing crazies. Just admit that even the CRAZIEST, most LOYAL Republican on these boards can't come up with a SINGLE fucking piece of legislation proposed by Republican that was advantageous to ALL Americans.

The best you seem to have is to try and turn the question around and ask why anyone would vote for a Democrat.
Let me answer that. It's because a Democrat is not a Republican. And I like to be kissed before I am fucked and the Republican won't kiss anybody EXCEPT an ultra wealthy person all the while putting the fucks to anybody that is not ultra wealthy. And I ain't ultra wealthy. Are you all?
The Civil Rights Act. Do you disagree? I suppose you do because democrats wouldn't pass the Act themselves. Republicans had to shove it down democrats throats.

It's ok you wacked out right wing crazies. Just admit that even the CRAZIEST, most LOYAL Republican on these boards can't come up with a SINGLE fucking piece of legislation proposed by Republican that was advantageous to ALL Americans.

The best you seem to have is to try and turn the question around and ask why anyone would vote for a Democrat.
Let me answer that. It's because a Democrat is not a Republican. And I like to be kissed before I am fucked and the Republican won't kiss anybody EXCEPT an ultra wealthy person all the while putting the fucks to anybody that is not ultra wealthy. And I ain't ultra wealthy. Are you all?
Another retarded lib shits out his mouth.

Forum List

Back