Teen hunter bags 800-pound record alligator in Texas

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Who knew they even got this big. Not much more to the article but there is a picture is at the link. Gives you an idea how big this monster was.

Snip...

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department officials have certified an 800-pound gator bagged last week by Braxton Bielski.

He was hunting with his dad and a friend, both Houston police officers, after they won a Parks and Wildlife drawing for a 5-day permit to hunt in the Daughtrey Wildlife Management Area in South Texas, about 90 miles south of San Antonio.

Read more: Teen hunter bags 800-pound record alligator in Texas | Fox News

Who knew they even got this big. Not much more to the article but there is a picture is at the link. Gives you an idea how big this monster was.

Snip...

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department officials have certified an 800-pound gator bagged last week by Braxton Bielski.

He was hunting with his dad and a friend, both Houston police officers, after they won a Parks and Wildlife drawing for a 5-day permit to hunt in the Daughtrey Wildlife Management Area in South Texas, about 90 miles south of San Antonio.

I heard about this on the radio yesterday...it was his first hunt.

The teen's mother was a little uneasy about her son taking off on his first alligator hunt.

"I gave her a good hug before I left to calm her nerves and promised her we wouldn't jump into the water with any of them," he said.

Then he set off for Choke with his father, Troy Bielski, and family friend Pat Swize. Both men are Houston Police Department officers.

The Bielskis took their flat-bottom boat, a 20-gauge shotgun, ammunition, hooks, lines and raw chicken for bait.

A red neck asshole slaughters a magnificent creature for no good reason.

Disgusting.

In a way I can agree...because my first reaction was being a little uncomfortable once reading the age and seeing the size. But they had won a lottery through Park and Wildlife to participate in the hunt, however, so I don't have a problem with it. The park apparently holds these limited hunts every so often to keep the population down.

What exactly will that kid do with the slain animal? If its for eating, that is fine. If its just because....well, thats fucked up.

Apparently adult bull alligators of 800 lbs are about the average weight for that species

Males average 10 to 15 feet (3 to 4.6 meters) in length and can weigh 1,000 pounds (453 kg). Females grow to a maximum of about 9.8 feet (3 meters.)

source

Disgusting.

Poor old city slicker Mr. Clean has no idea that gators are raised on farms for slaughter, just like beef or pork. The meat is USDA inspected and approved, and it is sent to every major metropolis in the U.S.A. as a gourmet meat that sells for $20 per pound.

Unless you are a total vegan...no meat, no meat byproduct...you are a complete hypocrite.

The slaughter of "magnificent creatures" is all well and good if you benefit from it but God forbid, you wouldn't do it with you own hands, don't want to see it, and pretend it doesn't happen.

:lalala: Beef doesn't come from cows, pork doesn't come from pigs, it just appears in the refrigerated section of the super market :lalala:.

Last edited:

Snip...

He must feel so much like a man. Killing an innocent animal who had posed him no threat, just so he could show his friends a 'trophy'.

Pathetic.

Disgusting.

In a way I can agree...because my first reaction was being a little uncomfortable once reading the age and seeing the size. But they had won a lottery through Park and Wildlife to participate in the hunt, however, so I don't have a problem with it. The park apparently holds these limited hunts every so often to keep the population down.

Steralize the crocs, then. Or euthanase them humanely - not with a bullet.

Disgusting.

Stupid lib who doesnt understand that they have to be culled so they dont over populate and damage the ecosystem.
Which is why they allow LIMITED hunting of gators.

Yep, they just had a similar hunt in the everglades recently involving the python (that idiots just have to own and then set free when they get too big to keep).

Guess we should just let these animals destroy the ecosystem instead... so the libs can feel all warm and fuzzy.

Last edited:

Disgusting.

I know...we should just stick them in a room with no food and water for 14 days until they die a slow painful death instead. :cuckoo:

Disgusting.

A bullet in the head is about as fast and humane as it gets.
One millisecond you're there,the next......................

A bullet in the head is about as fast and humane as it gets.
One millisecond you're there,the next......................

Assuming the red necked brat knew how to shoot straight.

He must feel so much like a man. Killing an innocent animal who had posed him no threat, just so he could show his friends a 'trophy'.

Pathetic.

Of course gators are not a threat!
OkeeSOGator_t607.JPG

Forum List

Back