Ron "Porker" Paul say Oink Oink - We call him a fraud!

Since pork makes up 1-2% of the federal budget that is true. But see the definition of what pork is (I have it listed below) it's usually pandering to special interests. It demostrates the essence of government spending. The a dollar here or there doesn't matter, but when you add them all up they sure as hell do. The govenrment needs to be run like a business and there must be some accountability for wasted funds!

How is funding Army Corps of Engineers projects and complying with federal edicts "pandering to special interests"?

Yes, you like Paul if it were just not for the pork... This is you spamming another thread...

How great it will be when Radical Paul comes in FIFTH in Iowa, NH, NV, FL, SC, ME, CO, MN, AZ, MI & WA behind Cain, Romney, Perry, Gingrich and Bachmann/Huntsman/Santorum. Then come Super Tuesday were Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich, Santorum and Huntsman drop out, Nutjob still can't crack the top Four!!!

How great it will be when Radical Paul fades away into the sunset and out of US politics!

None of which refutes the fact that Dr. Paul's constituents pay millions upon millions of dollars into the federal beast....Is he just supposed to sit back and let his district get raped "on the principle of it"?

That's a true statement, but tha doesn't take away from the fact that requesting and utilizing pork goes against everything Ron Paul preaches against. It's hypocritical.
For a large part, the projects you listed in your ridiculous text wall were federal infrastructure projects or spending in support of compliance with federal mandates (i.e the ADA).

Were Dr. Paul earmarking funding to pay for preposterous crap, like studying the sex habits of fruit flies or for the boll weevil museum, you might have a point....But he doesn't so you don't.
You know he is against the ADA don't you?
Seriously is that going to be your strawman?

Here is only a few from the list and there are "Fruit Fly" ones.

Green Facility Initiative - A greening project, sounds necessary. :eusa_eh:

Low-income working families Day Care Program - (For the record I think this is a good idea), isn't this the entitlements that Ron Paul rallies against. Let a sick guy die, but this is AKO!

Manned Space Flight Education Foundation, Inc. - HUMMM, NASA is th only American institution that sends people or anything into space! This is pure waste.:eek:

Nursing Simulation Training Center - Because if the mother can't teacher her kid to do nurse, Ron Paul will!

Port of Galveston Transit Terminal Parking - Shouldn't this pay for itself, if Ron Paul put it up to the private sector? Or is Ron Paul looking for Free Parking?

Reconnaissance Study of Brazoria County, Texas Coastline - Here is your other fruit fly study

San Bernard National Wildlife Refuge - (for the record I support this), this is something Paul speaks against. He would want it privatized!

Skilled Technician Program - Humm, no federal loans to college students, but FREE training for jobs, which is sure to be a waste of money! :eusa_whistle:

Gulf States Vibrio vulnificus (V.v.) Consumer Education Program Funding - Consumer Education? Isn't this that same guy that wants to get rid of the FDA.

Space Alliance Technology Outreach Program -Sounds so necessary! :eusa_eh:

Sure B.E.T. (Business and Education Together) - Is that government intervention into the private sector. Ronnie don't you rally against this?

Historic Downtown Redevelopment Project - A public moderization project. Yep that isn't ripe for waste! :eusa_whistle:

Invasive Species Management Program v- Here is your fruit fly study! Paul has one!

FM 646 Widening Project Between I-45 and SH 3 - He said the road should be a state issue!

Energy Resiliency Program

Community-Based Job Training Program - Jobs training program! Let's get this straight, Paul wants the Fed out of education (end the Dep of Education), but he wants funds for this dead-end program?

Coastal Texas Ecosystem Protection and Restoration - An ego project! Sounds promising. :eusa_whistle:

City of Galveston Seawall Transit/Pedestrian Access and Beautification Program

City of League City Streetscape

Since pork makes up 1-2% of the federal budget that is true. But see the definition of what pork is (I have it listed below) it's usually pandering to special interests. It demostrates the essence of government spending. The a dollar here or there doesn't matter, but when you add them all up they sure as hell do. The govenrment needs to be run like a business and there must be some accountability for wasted funds!

How is funding Army Corps of Engineers projects and complying with federal edicts "pandering to special interests"?

I guess you missed the word usually! And government agencies that set site in a district can be a special interest!

Yes, you like Paul if it were just not for the pork... This is you spamming another thread...

How great it will be when Radical Paul comes in FIFTH in Iowa, NH, NV, FL, SC, ME, CO, MN, AZ, MI & WA behind Cain, Romney, Perry, Gingrich and Bachmann/Huntsman/Santorum. Then come Super Tuesday were Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich, Santorum and Huntsman drop out, Nutjob still can't crack the top Four!!!

How great it will be when Radical Paul fades away into the sunset and out of US politics!

There are many other reason I don't like his POLICIES! He apears to be a moral man that loves America. I served in the military and was a well respected doctor. Those things have my respect and admiration.

But I don't like the:
(1) Get rid of the DHS, FBI, CIA, ICE (as long as there is a drug war), NSA, INS etc. This leaves us too vulnerable in a dangerous world. This is TOO radical for me
(2) I don't like Obaminationcare, but I hate status quo also. I fear what Paul would do to healthcare.
(3) Paul wouldn't reinstate Glass-Steagell Act
(4) I disagree on the Gold Standard - Gold is shooting through the roof not because of just America, but because of Europe. If we were on the gold standard right now, rates for mortgages would be in 14-20%, that is how high gold prices have gone up. Rates that high would sink the country (see Jimmy Carter 14% mortgage rates).
(5) I disgree with him on the Fed. He makes it seem like the source of all our problems. Easy escape-goat for him! I disagree.
(6) Not sure what he would do with medicaid, but keeping it goes against much he preaches for. Medicaid is the only insurance many people like my brother-in-law, who has MS can get!
(7) He refuses to force eVerify onto employments and combat illegal immigration. That goes against my core belief!

The man scares me and it has nothing to do with my support of Cain and I didn't see Paul attacking Cain, other than the Federal Reserve audit. And even there, Paul wasn't out of line or offensive!

Please don't put words in my mouth!

The OP is just an insane shallow Cain supporter who hates Paul because Paul is the anti Cain in that Paul actually has depth to his positions.

The OP hates Paul and can hardly tell you Paul’s positions but loves Cain and again can hardly tell you any of Cain’s positions. It’s a Troll thread because he knows Cain’s time in limited as a front runner due to lack of knowing anything outside of 9 9 9, the bold tax plan that will never pass.

That is an unfair attack! I started supporting Cain back in 2010, well before he introduced his 9-9-9 plan (which is brilliant I might add)!

I guess you missed the word usually! And government agencies that set site in a district can be a special interest!
So, you get smoked out on the stale and dubious charge that Dr. Paul is a "porker" -usually implying that he's frivolously spending taxpayer dollars on pet projects of no real importance and/or have no legitemate call for federal funding- and need to cover your tracks by resorting to semantic bobbing and weaving.

Gotcha. :thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back