Teen hunter bags 800-pound record alligator in Texas

Steralize the crocs, then. Or euthanase them humanely - not with a bullet.

A bullet in the head is about as fast and humane as it gets.
One millisecond you're there,the next......................

Assuming the red necked brat knew how to shoot straight.

He's from Texas,he can most likely shoot straight. And you're shooting the thing at point blank range,even a liberal would have a hard time missing from that distance.

A red neck asshole slaughters a magnificent creature for no good reason.

Disgusting.

In a way I can agree...because my first reaction was being a little uncomfortable once reading the age and seeing the size. But they had won a lottery through Park and Wildlife to participate in the hunt, however, so I don't have a problem with it. The park apparently holds these limited hunts every so often to keep the population down.

when i was a kid i had license

to trap snapping turtles

got lots of them

in retrospect i feel bad about it now

considering the age of those turtles

now there is some tolerance to be proud of!

i bet you are a great peta supporter too?

i remember when peta objected to the deer hunts in florida..within a few years the deer overpopulated..starved and were disease ridden....when nature no longer controls herd numbers someone has to....

and might i remind you...ducks..an entire species was saved in north american by whom...ducks unlimited...hunters...

and lets think back to the mink release..where peta broke into a mink farm and freed the mink....unforunately they were unaware of some mink facts...minks are vicious and went on a killing spree ...killing wildlife as well as domestic pets....minks kill other minks...when one farms minks...you keep litter mates together...they dont kill each other...once the minks were recaptured they had to be put down....

peta kills about 90% of the animals they 'adopt' or take in....but yall just go on feeling all warm and fuzzy...thankfully they dont let people like you make decisions involving wildlife management...

btw no one in my family hunts....but i have a real sense of checks and balances cause i live in the country with wildlife...i have seen people move to the country and feed raccoons....its all cute till you got 50 raccoons a night at your place...

All this thead teaches us is that FOX news doesn't have competent editors.

800 lbs is NOT a record breaking size for an alligator

It's AVERAGE.

Who knew they even got this big. Not much more to the article but there is a picture is at the link. Gives you an idea how big this monster was.

Snip...

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department officials have certified an 800-pound gator bagged last week by Braxton Bielski.

He was hunting with his dad and a friend, both Houston police officers, after they won a Parks and Wildlife drawing for a 5-day permit to hunt in the Daughtrey Wildlife Management Area in South Texas, about 90 miles south of San Antonio.

Read more: Teen hunter bags 800-pound record alligator in Texas | Fox News

A record Alligator?

Was it See You Later Alligator?

Who knew they even got this big. Not much more to the article but there is a picture is at the link. Gives you an idea how big this monster was.

Snip...

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department officials have certified an 800-pound gator bagged last week by Braxton Bielski.

He was hunting with his dad and a friend, both Houston police officers, after they won a Parks and Wildlife drawing for a 5-day permit to hunt in the Daughtrey Wildlife Management Area in South Texas, about 90 miles south of San Antonio.

He must feel so much like a man. Killing an innocent animal who had posed him no threat, just so he could show his friends a 'trophy'.

Pathetic.[/QUOTE
Coming from one that supports late term abortions,
now thats pathetic.

People like this one are the most self centered hypocritical ,intolerant,bigots to walk this earth.

It's AVERAGE.

Actually it is considered Large. Also the older the animal the more aggressive it gets. The older animals are more likely to go after larger prey and have been known to attack bears, dogs, and humans even though that is not their main food source.

Snip...

He must feel so much like a man. Killing an innocent animal who had posed him no threat, just so he could show his friends a 'trophy'.

Pathetic.[/QUOTE
Coming from one that supports late term abortions,
now thats pathetic.

People like this one are the most self centered hypocritical ,intolerant,bigots to walk this earth.

What some of these bleeding hearts don't understand is that alligator's are a protected species. You just can't hunt them for sport. There are strict regulations involved...everything from having to petition for a special license to participate in the hunt ...to who you can sell the alligator to once caught and killed. There are only a few licensed dealers that hunters are allowed to work with per state regulations.

A red neck asshole slaughters a magnificent creature for no good reason.

Disgusting.

In a way I can agree...because my first reaction was being a little uncomfortable once reading the age and seeing the size. But they had won a lottery through Park and Wildlife to participate in the hunt, however, so I don't have a problem with it. The park apparently holds these limited hunts every so often to keep the population down.

Almost every livestock animal that goes to slaughter is put down with a bullet. It is both recommended and endorsed as the most ethical practice...

A day two pigs would die: ethical slaughter ? Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs

It's AVERAGE.

"A Texas teen bagged a record 800-pound alligator during his first public gator hunt with his dad. It’s the biggest gator ever certified in Texas, according to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. "

800-pound gator sets Texas record | kvue.com Austin

He's from Texas,he can most likely shoot straight. And you're shooting the thing at point blank range,even a liberal would have a hard time missing from that distance.

He'd have to wait for permission from the state to buy a bullet.

Forum List

Back