Ted Cruz, what has he done? What is his history?

All ive seen him do is bloviate because he knows his ideas are dead in the water so he doesn't have to ever explain them in detail. As in what happens after his speeches. Well, besides the gop brand taking unnecessary hits to their reputation.

What does the man have that we need, convince me....

Go!

What has he done? He has stood up for American values and the Constitution and didn't take it up the ass like the majority of the republicans are. People like you are the reason we have people like Boener in office.

Putting your name on some stupid bill along side some lib wouldn't do much for his credibility in my book..

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/u...ate-candidate-ted-cruz-and-supreme-court.html

Well, arguing in front of the Supreme Court more than anyone else has is a good cause. If he had a half-way decent border policy, I'd consider him a viable candidate. If not, I'd rather see a conservative in rather than Obama redux Hillary. If he's a real conservative, that is, who will take some of the tax burden off the people in this country and fight against down-your-throat bills that make light of the constitution that enables them to get past the myopia of Capitol Hill.

@freedombecki

WASHINGTON — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz tried to add significant security resources along the U.S.-Mexico border as a Senate committee debated immigration legislation Thursday, but his amendment was rejected.

Cruz proposed tripling the number of Border Patrol agents stationed along the U.S.-Mexico border and quadrupling equipment, “including cameras, sensors, drones and helicopters,” within three years. He also would have required that 700 miles of border fence called for in a 2006 law be finished.

If the Department of Homeland Security failed to comply, 20 percent of its budget for the next year would be shifted as block grants to border states. But the amendment was voted down, 13-5. Sen. John Cornyn was among those supporting his fellow Texas Republican.

Cruz also clashed with New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer, who complained that the Texas freshman was falsely accusing the committee of failing to take security seriously.

“Let’s not keep bringing up this false issue,” Schumer said, raising his voice slightly. Border security isn’t the real issue he said, but rather the fact that Cruz won’t support any immigration legislation that offers a path to citizenship for the 11 million people already in the country illegally
Ted Cruz tried to boost border security in immigration bill | Dallas Morning News

That wasn't my impression of Senator Cruz when he ran for office here, but the American people will have several states seceding if that border is not sealed and terrorists quit coming here free gratis.

I hope you are right about Senator Cruz correcting the America-the-stupid border policy.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Maybe that drew the clear battle lines between people like him and neoconservative drip sellouts like Boehner.

Something to think about.

"Us"?

Step one: Speak for yourself.

Step two: Don't presume that someone else speaks for you.

Step three: ?

Step four: PROFIT!

He speaks for all of us because of his legislative power over us.
Cruz speaks for his district in Texas. Period. You don't get to vote for him. If you don't like what he does that's too damn bad. I personally wish we had another Cruz here instead of the piece of crap we do in McCain.

US Senators do not have districts.

Last edited:
Which is why you co-sponsor a bill with the majority; Gramm Rudman Hollings for example. Simpson-Mizzoli is another one that comes to mind. Sarbanes-Oxley.

When you're an "all or nothing" guy and compromise is the #1 thing in your job description, you end up getting a whole lot of nothing because you'll never get it all. Cruz has been an embarrassment to himself, his party (which is saying quite a bit), and people who are sponsoring this hack for a Presidential run are doing two things; making a fool of themselves and simultaneously plotting for 4 more years of a Democrat in the oval.

Putting your name on some stupid bill along side some lib wouldn't do much for his credibility in my book..
That is the job description for legislators...pass legislation.

He's been a zero.

"What an Utramaroon"!

For the spelling and grammar police: Urban Dictionary: ultramaroon

All ive seen him do is bloviate because he knows his ideas are dead in the water so he doesn't have to ever explain them in detail. As in what happens after his speeches. Well, besides the gop brand taking unnecessary hits to their reputation.

What does the man have that we need, convince me....

Go!

I don't need my elected politicians to agree with me on every point. But the thing that Ted Cruz really has is a love and an appreciation of America that reflects my own thoughts and feelings. He intends to help America and Americans. And he knows what made America the most respected and feared nation on Earth.

He's the One.

So many empty platitudes, so little substance.

He's a Senator with as much experience in Congress as the President.

Except Jroc pointed out he's argued before the highest bar 9 times! I didn't know that before, although I voted for him for Texas Senator not too long ago.

Well, when these people have their "I'm running for President" websites up, I'm going to be open-minded about what they say their opinion on several issues are. If Cruz passes my muster, he already may be one of the best communicators out there. It's just that Governor Scott Walker's ability to beat the Marxists back into a corner and get public support that has my attention at the moment. If the two of them got along and ran together, America would be superbly served, imho.

Cruz does have a kind of chutzpah, though, to deliver a surprising filibuster to slow spending for 23 hours one day this past year. He got into a little trouble with Reid over it, but I'm sorry to say so, but Reid appeared on the "10 most corrupt politicians in the US" list in 2007:

10. Senator Harry Reid (D-NV): Over the last few years, Reid has been embroiled in a series of scandals that cast serious doubt on his credibility as a self-professed champion of government ethics, and 2007 was no different. According to The Los Angeles Times, over the last four years, Reid has used his influence in Washington to help a developer, Havey Whittemore, clear obstacles for a profitable real estate deal. As the project advanced, the Times reported, “Reid received tens of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from Whittemore.” Whittemore also hired one of Reid’s sons (Leif) as his personal lawyer and then promptly handed the junior Reid the responsibility of negotiating the real estate deal with federal officials. Leif Reid even called his father’s office to talk about how to obtain the proper EPA permits, a clear conflict of interest.
Judicial Watch is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Judicial Watch neither supports nor opposes candidates for public office. For more information, visit www.judicialwatch.org.

He's a Senator with as much experience in Congress as the President.

Except Jroc pointed out he's argued before the highest bar 9 times! I didn't know that before, although I voted for him for Texas Senator not too long ago.

Well, when these people have their "I'm running for President" websites up, I'm going to be open-minded about what they say their opinion on several issues are. If Cruz passes my muster, he already may be one of the best communicators out there. It's just that Governor Scott Walker's ability to beat the Marxists back into a corner and get public support that has my attention at the moment. If the two of them got along and ran together, America would be superbly served, imho.

Cruz does have a kind of chutzpah, though, to deliver a surprising filibuster to slow spending for 23 hours one day this past year. He got into a little trouble with Reid over it, but I'm sorry to say so, but Reid appeared on the "10 most corrupt politicians in the US" list in 2007:

10. Senator Harry Reid (D-NV): Over the last few years, Reid has been embroiled in a series of scandals that cast serious doubt on his credibility as a self-professed champion of government ethics, and 2007 was no different. According to The Los Angeles Times, over the last four years, Reid has used his influence in Washington to help a developer, Havey Whittemore, clear obstacles for a profitable real estate deal. As the project advanced, the Times reported, “Reid received tens of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from Whittemore.” Whittemore also hired one of Reid’s sons (Leif) as his personal lawyer and then promptly handed the junior Reid the responsibility of negotiating the real estate deal with federal officials. Leif Reid even called his father’s office to talk about how to obtain the proper EPA permits, a clear conflict of interest.
Judicial Watch is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Judicial Watch neither supports nor opposes candidates for public office. For more information, visit www.judicialwatch.org.

And Cruz graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard.

Something that dimocraps can only lie about the lying scumbag in chief ever doing.

But, dimocraps lie. It's what they do

Any one he would have chosen to author...which he chose not to.

So you once again show your lazy lib side and chose not to answer my question.

Actually the answer is there. Your Texan is showing.

No, I asked which of the amazing bills that the senate actually passed did he miss the boat on, meaning which should he have cosponsored. So no, you didn't answer my question. Care to try again?

One last question.

You say he has common sense. Are you referring to him speaking for hours on end only it was for nothing? In fact soon after he was done we proceeded to take the blame for the shutdown that ensued. All for what? What we all already knew about obamacare? Perhaps to teach us about green eggs and ham? Or to blatently prove a point that there is a time and place for every battle and he wanted to give us an example of what a poorly planned idea can achieve?

Maybe that drew the clear battle lines between people like him and neoconservative drip sellouts like Boehner.

Sorry but that stunt he pulled did NOTHING but make all of us look like idiots.
"Us"?

What are those "battle lines"? Where do they disagree?

Ted Cruz, what has he done? What is his history?

He seems to meet the criteria for the charismatic anti-Christ to come.

Ted's 15 minutes seem to be over.

Ted Cruz 3rd 'most influential' world leader, behind pope, Obama

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has had the best year of any Republican and virtually anyone in the world, ranking third in Rasmussen Report’s new poll of the of the “most influential” people in the world, behind Pope Francis and President Obama.

In the new poll, Cruz, who made headlines for trying to dismantle Obamacare, was the pick for the most influential of 11 percent. The pope was tops at 23 percent, Obama second at 21 percent.

Among Republicans, Cruz was second behind the pope, with 19 percent calling the freshman senator and Tea Party leader the world’s most influential leader. Just 9 percent of Republicans said the same thing of Obama.

Two other Republicans on Rasmussen’s list, House Speaker John Boehner and newly reelected New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, tied at 3 percent.
Poll: Ted Cruz 3rd 'most influential' world leader, behind pope, Obama | WashingtonExaminer.com

Rassmussen? Nate Silvers poll had him at 50th, right behind Miley Cyrus and right in front of that guy Cheney shot. After the last election I'll go with Nate Silvers poll.;);)

Ted's 15 minutes seem to be over.

Ted Cruz 3rd 'most influential' world leader, behind pope, Obama

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has had the best year of any Republican and virtually anyone in the world, ranking third in Rasmussen Report’s new poll of the of the “most influential” people in the world, behind Pope Francis and President Obama.

In the new poll, Cruz, who made headlines for trying to dismantle Obamacare, was the pick for the most influential of 11 percent. The pope was tops at 23 percent, Obama second at 21 percent.

Among Republicans, Cruz was second behind the pope, with 19 percent calling the freshman senator and Tea Party leader the world’s most influential leader. Just 9 percent of Republicans said the same thing of Obama.

Two other Republicans on Rasmussen’s list, House Speaker John Boehner and newly reelected New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, tied at 3 percent.
Poll: Ted Cruz 3rd 'most influential' world leader, behind pope, Obama | WashingtonExaminer.com

Rassmussen? Nate Silvers poll had him at 50th, right behind Miley Cyrus and right in front of that guy Cheney shot. After the last election I'll go with Nate Silvers poll.;);)

The actual graphic at the link: Who is this 'some other person' they speak of? That's who is actually in 3rd place.

He speaks for all of us because of his legislative power over us.
Cruz speaks for his district in Texas. Period. You don't get to vote for him. If you don't like what he does that's too damn bad. I personally wish we had another Cruz here instead of the piece of crap we do in McCain.

US Senators do not have districts.

His district is Texas, he is 50% of their representation. I guess I should have said state and not confused you.

One last question.

You say he has common sense. Are you referring to him speaking for hours on end only it was for nothing? In fact soon after he was done we proceeded to take the blame for the shutdown that ensued. All for what? What we all already knew about obamacare? Perhaps to teach us about green eggs and ham? Or to blatently prove a point that there is a time and place for every battle and he wanted to give us an example of what a poorly planned idea can achieve?

Sorry but that stunt he pulled did NOTHING but make all of us look like idiots.
"Us"?

What are those "battle lines"? Where do they disagree?
Oh, little things like actually cutting the size and expense of the federal government.

For example, it's really easy to cast a vote against O-care when you know that the bil in question is going nowhere.

Another example would be the likes of Boehner et. al. being all on board for the ridiculous levels of spending and bureaucratic expansion under Bush43, that the likes of Cruz, Lee and Paul probably would have opposed and voted against.

That help any?

Forum List

Back