Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

We have to enact societal/legal change within the bounds and framework of our system. Even if that means it may take longer (and sometimes much longer) than we might like. In this specific case (gay marriage) the Federal Government involving itself IMO is outside that framework and we would have been better off allowing the individual states to figure it out. The same can be said of Roe v Wade. It's arguable that had that happened we would be farther along in the overall general acceptance of gay marriage across the board. Forcing the issue without allowing for the societal debate to conclude, only causes people to retreat to their ideological corners. (which is where a large part of the country is now) At least in the past we (the country) debated/aruged about these things and eventually came to some consensus on issues. Now for the most part all people do is stand on either side of a wall and scream obscenities and throw stones at each other neither side bothering to even listen to what's the other is saying.

To continue your evolutionary example you cant jump from single celled organism straight to one that has numerous complex systems with specialized cells all working together you'll end up with a broken organism.
See post 751. I will ask you the same question. How much longer would you waite if the tables were turned?

My sense is that you care less about the intergrety of the constitution and more about finding ways to use it to support and further your political and idiological agenda

Allowing individual states to decide questions like abortion and same sex marriage flies in the faceof the spirit of the 14th amendment that binds the states to the bill of rights.

We are already quite far along in the debate over same sex marriage, and there is in fact general acceptance of it. But that does not change the fact that there are some backward states that will not allow it.

Lastly, I was referring to social evolution so your example
biological seems to be a feeble attempt to brush that aside.

Last edited:
Psalms 14:1: “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.”
You see that's the truism about tribal gods. They are revengeful, they are corrupt, they are prejudiced; that's what belies their nature as being man-made. They have all the undesirable qualities a human being could have. The ancient stock evil was stronger than good.

You spelled “best” wrong. Probably because you’re stupid.

Did I say “stupid?” I’m sorry, I meant retarded.
I don't see best anything that you quoted. You might be the one that stupid or retarded. And a troll obviously.

n 1 Corinthians 6:9–10 Paul lists some sinful lifestyles that give evidence that a person is not saved: “Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men . . . will inherit the kingdom of God.” In other words, a practicing, unrepentant idolater, adulterer, or homosexual is fooling himself if he thinks he is going to heaven. Christians are saved from such sins.
-----------------------------
Here I thought God was all forgiving.
You do realize most of The Bible is just superstious fantasy-fiction don't you?

NOT to be taken literally.
Or even seriously.

Only a matter of time before the TRUMP court strikes down same sex marriage

The only question is will they just overrule it or start by allowing business to deny service for “religious reasons”
Good. Pervert mairrage should be disallowed.

... separate schools for white children and black children ...

That might actually not be a bad idea. Kids could not only go to school closer to home, but schools could focus better on the different educational needs and interests of each group, allowing both groups to benefit and learn better. But we will continue to pretend that all people are the same with the same needs regardless of social and environmental differences.

I don't see best anything that you quoted. You might be the one that stupid or retarded. And a troll obviously.
Well you seem to think that the insane Roe decision being overturned is a bad thing, and you think that contract killing is a “medical treatment,” so I’m pretty sure no, you’re just fucking retarded.

The lowest figure I could find for people who wanted roe versus Wade to stay in place as the law of the lounge was 58%, other poles or 64% and 77% relatively. The people that were satisfied that wanted roe versus raid overturn were only 17% of the American population.

Oh my gosh.! No one can force you to have an abortion. Just as you shouldn't have the right to tell someone they cannot have an abortion. It's that simple.
OK, Abortion remains legal. All the SC ruling said was that it is not a federal constitutional issue and that the voters of each state should decide whether to legalize it or not. If the polls you cite are correct then a majority of states will keep it legal----------so WTF is your issue?

You see that's the truism about tribal gods. They are revengeful, they are corrupt, they are prejudiced; that's what belies their nature as being man-made. They have all the undesirable qualities a human being could have. The ancient stock evil was stronger than good.
good description of the Biden administration. thanks.

You're calling my idea stupid when overturning Roe versus Wade is the worst thing that they could have done. Returning Roe versus Wade to the books or making all abortion laws illegal and removing the perjured supreme Court justices from the bench would be a good start I'm getting the nation back on track to embrace the future.
just for clarity, the SC did not outlaw abortion or "overturn Roe v Wade". What that ruling said is that abortion is not a federal constitutional issue and as such the decision to legalize abortion rests with the voters of each state. That's all it did.

Forum List

Back