Ted Cruz - Natural Born Citizen? Revival thread

Ok, so I know this has been covered a number of times already, however I haven't seen the following link posted which to me seems to spell it out..

Are you the foreign-born child of a parent who becomes a U.S. citizen?

This is how the US government defines citizens from birth vs citizens based on application after birth. To me, this is essentially "natural born citizen" vs "allowed citizen via application after birth". This is specific to americans born outside of the US which applies in Cruz's case, as opposed to obvious natural born citizens born within the United States.

From this page, if his parents were _not_ married he's good to go, but if his parents _were_ married when he was born then he probably wouldn't qualify..

Thoughts?

Cruz was born a citizen

ilink | USCIS

(e) a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person;
Canada isn't an outlying possession of the US.

What does that have to do with anything?

HIs mother was American born, he's American
The particular law cited says "a person born in an outlying possession of the United States," did you miss that?

NO.

but, what was the law prior to that?

Cruz is as much a citizen as you, and anyone else on this board.

(BTW, I hope Cruz, and Trump, lose)
I've no idea. I was simply pointing out that that blurb did not make it so that Cruz was a citizen of the US.

Cruz was born a citizen

ilink | USCIS

(e) a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person;

The particular law cited says "a person born in an outlying possession of the United States," did you miss that?

NO.

I've no idea. I was simply pointing out that that blurb did not make it so that Cruz was a citizen of the US.

a law enacted AFTER he was born

NO.

a law enacted AFTER he was born
Okay. I do not know what the law was before. I found this:

Until the Act of October 10, 1978, persons who had acquired U.S. citizenship through birth outside of the United States to one U.S. citizen parent had to meet certain physical presence requirements to retain their citizenship. This legislation eliminated retention requirements for persons who were born after October 10, 1952. There may be cases where a person who was born before that date, and therefore subject to the retention requirements, may have failed to retain citizenship. [4]

An officer should determine whether a person acquired citizenship at birth by referring to the applicable statutory provisions and conditions that existed at the time of the person’s birth. These provisions have been modified extensively over the years. [5] The following sections provide the current law.

United States Citizens at Birth (INA 301 and 309) - Chapter 3, Part H, Volume 12 | Policy Manual | USCIS

Regardless, the law cited doesn't relate to Cruz's status as it is about a possession of the USA.

The Dims trashed Conservatives for questioning "The Blamer" where he was born, and rightfully so (sealed college records, $3 million Hawaiian vacation miraculously produces BC). So now the Dims are the birthers and be damned if we condemn them for it. You leftists make me sick.

YOU do realize that 8 of the first 9 presidents were British subjects, don't you?

Van Buren was the first president born a US citizen, and his successor was born a British subject.

Yes, but they wanted people physically born on U.S./ colony soil . The country was new, they couldn't wait 35 years for the first us born kid to be old enough to be prez . Lol.

Doesnt' change the facts

Who was born a Brit subject ?

Eight US Presidents Were Born British

Yes . But they were are born on US SOIL or what became US soil after the revolution .

Cruz was not born on US soil.

Don't confuse the citizen law with the president law .

"Don't confuse the citizen law with the president law?!?!?

Holy shit....

Ok, so I know this has been covered a number of times already, however I haven't seen the following link posted which to me seems to spell it out..

This is how the US government defines citizens from birth vs citizens based on application after birth. To me, this is essentially "natural born citizen" vs "allowed citizen via application after birth". This is specific to americans born outside of the US which applies in Cruz's case, as opposed to obvious natural born citizens born within the United States.

From this page, if his parents were _not_ married he's good to go, but if his parents _were_ married when he was born then he probably wouldn't qualify..

Thoughts?
I'm more interested in "Hillary Clinton...natural born liar?"

This would not be as much of an issue if some people had not brought it up on Obama 8 years ago. Though, it is clear to me that Cruz is (1) legally an American citizen; and (2) he is an American in mind and heart. You cannot say that about Obama, at least not with a straight face.

Yes, but they wanted people physically born on U.S./ colony soil . The country was new, they couldn't wait 35 years for the first us born kid to be old enough to be prez . Lol.

Doesnt' change the facts

Who was born a Brit subject ?

Eight US Presidents Were Born British

Yes . But they were are born on US SOIL or what became US soil after the revolution .

Holy shit....

Hy shit what ?

Can arnold swartzenegger be prez ? He's a citizen like you and me .

Born on/after
12/24/52 and
prior to
11/14/86

One citizen and
one alien parent

Citizen had been physically present in U.S. or its
outlying possessions 10 years,
at least 5 of which were
after age 14.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiV85Ts1dnKAhXK4yYKHQKYAosQFgg_MAU&url=http://firrp.org/media/USC-Guide-Acquired-Citizenship-Chart.pdf&usg=AFQjCNH7vB4uEAoHbzJYJlIEtcTODk56aA

^Cruz's parents had lived in Canada for three years prior to his birth. Maybe there is something to this after all.

"At the time of his birth, Cruz's parents had lived in Calgary for three years and were working in the oil business as owners of a seismic-data processing firm for oil drilling.[9][11][12][13][14] Cruz has said, “I’m the son of two mathematicians/computer programmers.”[15] In 1974, his father left the family and moved to Texas.[16] Later that same year, his parents reconciled and relocated to Houston.[6]"

"His mother was born in Wilmington, Delaware, and is three quarters Irish and one quarter Italian"

"His mother earned an undergraduate degree in mathematics from Rice University in the 1950s"

Thoughts?
I'm more interested in "Hillary Clinton...natural born liar?"

"Hillary Clinton...natural born killer" just ask the families of those 4 in Libya.

Holy shit....

Hy shit what ?

No

He was not born in the US, nor did he have an American parent.

Born on/after
12/24/52 and
prior to
11/14/86

One citizen and
one alien parent

at least 5 of which were
after age 14.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiV85Ts1dnKAhXK4yYKHQKYAosQFgg_MAU&url=http://firrp.org/media/USC-Guide-Acquired-Citizenship-Chart.pdf&usg=AFQjCNH7vB4uEAoHbzJYJlIEtcTODk56aA

^Cruz's parents had lived in Canada for three years prior to his birth. Maybe there is something to this after all.

"At the time of his birth, Cruz's parents had lived in Calgary for three years and were working in the oil business as owners of a seismic-data processing firm for oil drilling.[9][11][12][13][14] Cruz has said, “I’m the son of two mathematicians/computer programmers.”[15] In 1974, his father left the family and moved to Texas.[16] Later that same year, his parents reconciled and relocated to Houston.[6]"

"His mother was born in Wilmington, Delaware, and is three quarters Irish and one quarter Italian"

"His mother earned an undergraduate degree in mathematics from Rice University in the 1950s"
And yet she wasn't physically present at the time of his birth as she'd been in Canada for three years.

Born on/after
12/24/52 and
prior to
11/14/86

One citizen and
one alien parent

at least 5 of which were
after age 14.

And yet she wasn't physically present at the time of his birth as she'd been in Canada for three years.

She didn't need to be.

Born on/after
12/24/52 and
prior to
11/14/86

One citizen and
one alien parent

at least 5 of which were
after age 14.

She didn't need to be.
According to what I posted, she did.

Thoughts?
If it ever goes to the Supreme Court Obama will make sure Cruz is disqualified. Then it will be time to break out the pitchforks.

Born on/after
12/24/52 and
prior to
11/14/86

One citizen and
one alien parent

at least 5 of which were
after age 14.

She didn't need to be.
According to what I posted, she did.

Citizen had been physically present in U.S. or its outlying possessions 10 years, at least 5 of which were after age 14.

His mom spent far more than 5 years in the US after the age of 14.

Truth is that the definition of "natural" has never been litigated

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of Presiden

Forum List

Back