Ted Cruz doesn’t like Uganda’s new anti-gay

My point being is somehow people turn the bible into a book of hate. I guess bigots are good at doing that.
I’ve noticed that people who hate Christians often try to use passages from the Bible to promote their wicked ideas.

Jesus reiterated God’s intentions when he created man and woman, that they should be joined and become one flesh. Although divorce can be allowed, it is seen as a failure, not something that should be promoted or celebrated.
Actually according to the bible, some people that get divorced can't get remarried. Why arent you pushing for that to be prevented?

It gave us a New Covenant. To love God and to love thy neighbor. It does not allow for sinful acts.
But it altered the law about sinful acts. That was the purpose of the crucifixion and the resurrection of Christ.

Oh maybe we have found a point of agreement. Then you would agree Russia's military invasion of Ukraine is stupid.
I agree that Ukraine’s civil war is stupid, that Kiev should not had killed people in the Donbas region, which prompted Russia’s involvement. All around stupid, yes.

Yes. That's what
I’ve noticed that people who hate Christians often try to use passages from the Bible to promote their wicked ideas.

Yes!

Christians have done that with Isaiah and Hosea.

Last edited:
But it altered the law about sinful acts. That was the purpose of the crucifixion and the resurrection of Christ.
The purpose of the crucifixion and the resurrection of Christ was to save our eternal souls and allow us to be forgiven for our sins. It did not redefine what sins are. The same things that were sins before are still sins after the resurrection.

But in order to be saved you have to accept that Jesus Christ is the Lord, the Son of Man, whose blood pays for our sins.

The bottom line is, Cruz is right. It’s not the place of government to execute people for being homosexual. That should left up to God on judgement day.

I will never understand why people want to shove their own morality down other peoples throats. If someone isnt bothering anyone else, nor are they taking advantage of the disadvantaged, leave them alone. Good grief.
So then you agree with Ted Cruz on this one?

I agree that Ukraine’s civil war is stupid, that Kiev should not had killed people in the Donbas region, which prompted Russia’s involvement. All around stupid, yes.
So you are saying the Russian invasion is the fault of Ukraine because Russian backed armies in Eastern Ukraine started creating chaos. Any way you want to look at this, Russia started this.

The purpose of the crucifixion and the resurrection of Christ was to save our eternal souls and allow us to be forgiven for our sins. It did not redefine what sins are. The same things that were sins before are still sins after the resurrection.

But in order to be saved you have to accept that Jesus Christ is the Lord, the Son of Man, whose blood pays for our sins.
It brought in a time of forgiveness. There’s no biblical justification for Governmrnt to execute homosexuals.

Homosexuality is an act of moral turpitude. Not one of criminality.

Last edited:
The bottom line is, Cruz is right. It’s not the place of government to execute people for being homosexual. That should left up to God on judgement day.

He is wrong, we are allowed to make laws in accordance with God’s laws. Final judgement has nothing to do with it. If that were the case then we would need no laws whatsoever and just say “God will judge them in the end”.

So you are saying the Russian invasion is the fault of Ukraine because Russian backed armies in Eastern Ukraine started creating chaos. Any way you want to look at this, Russia started this.
Off topic. Start a new thread and I will talk about it.

You want to have people killed. Pretty sure that is some type of sin. Or at the very least, immoral.

He is wrong, we are allowed to make laws in accordance with God’s laws. Final judgement has nothing to do with it. If that were the case then we would need no laws whatsoever and just say “God will judge them in the end”.

Not in the US... Or are you talking about making laws in Uganda?

Way to go Ted. Why do these guys hate it when democracy is actually practiced?
He calls the law “barbaric”. So biblical law is barbaric? Ted is higher authority than the Bible now?

By the way, the law only allows death penalty for child molesters.

Making it illegal to be LGBTX is NOT democracy. It is the opposite. Child molesters, gay or straight, should be prevented from being around children at any place or any time.

Make entertainment, curriculum, indoctrination inappropriate for children illegal to impose on children yes. Allow people to exercise their personal beliefs and conscience short of violating the rights of others yes. Make it socially unacceptable to be in anybody's face pushing any sort of indoctrination or ideology or sociopolitical concepts yes.

But the Uganda law is definitely not democratic or something any ethical country should adopt.

Again, there’s no biblical justification for government to execute homosexuals. The idea there is, is incorrect.

Way to go Ted. Why do these guys hate it when democracy is actually practiced?
He calls the law “barbaric”. So biblical law is barbaric? Ted is higher authority than the Bible now?

By the way, the law only allows death penalty for child molesters.

thats showing why democracy is a failure that always ends in death,,,

when are you ,morons going to figure that out??

Forum List

Back