Ted Cruz doesn’t like Uganda’s new anti-gay

You want to have people killed. Pretty sure that is some type of sin. Or at the very least, immoral.
Capital punishment is allowed for the most heinous crimes. Child rape is one of them.

You seem to disagree with that?

Making it illegal to be LGBTX is NOT democracy. It is the opposite. Child molesters, gay or straight, should be prevented from being around children at any place or any time.

Make entertainment, curriculum, indoctrination inappropriate for children illegal to impose on children yes. Allow people to exercise their personal beliefs and conscience short of violating the rights of others yes. Make it socially unacceptable to be in anybody's face pushing any sort of indoctrination or ideology or sociopolitical concepts yes.

But the Uganda law is definitely not democratic or something any ethical country should adopt.
Oh boy, the resident furry has shown up.

Making it illegal to be LGBTX is NOT democracy. It is the opposite. Child molesters, gay or straight, should be prevented from being around children at any place or any time.

Make entertainment, curriculum, indoctrination inappropriate for children illegal to impose on children yes. Allow people to exercise their personal beliefs and conscience short of violating the rights of others yes. Make it socially unacceptable to be in anybody's face pushing any sort of indoctrination or ideology or sociopolitical concepts yes.

But the Uganda law is definitely not democratic or something any ethical country should adopt.
Update. It does look like the Ugandan legislature modified the bill so that just identifying as LGBTX is not illegal but same sex relations remain illegal there and sex with kids, sex when HIV positive, incest etc. is still subject to the death penalty. Far more harsh than in most of the world.

Last edited:
Capital punishment is allowed for the most heinous crimes. Child rape is one of them.

You seem to disagree with that?
I have been wrestling with the question of capital punishment for a while, going back and forth. As it stands now, I am against all capital punishment. And please, dont show you're stupidity by saying that because I dont support killing pedophiles, I support pedophilia. Save your illogical rantings for your 4chan buddies.

yeah so is N korea,, you still believe that shit youre dumber than I thought,,

doesnt change what I said about democracy as you described it,,
North Korea isn’t a republic. It is a totalitarian hereditary dictatorship.

What you said wasn’t relevant or even accurate.

Again, there’s no biblical justification for government to execute homosexuals. The idea there is, is incorrect.
Correct. The ancient Jews did not endorse or condone homosexuality and Paul of an orthodox Pharisaic Jew heritage and upbringing briefly reflected that in his letters as a Christian to the Corinthians and Romans.

As a Jew right up to his Christian conversion he was determined to put Jews embracing Christianity to death. The ancient Jews ran a much more harsh ship than did the early Christians.

But as a Christian in no place does Paul even hint that gay people be put to death any more than he hinted that committing most of the other 600+ sins in the Bible merited the death penalty though the ancient Jews disagreed on some of that. To Paul most things--eating, drinking, sex etc.--were fine. It was excess that made them immoral: gluttony, drunkenness, sleeping around/orgies etc.

Generally homosexuality was not a punishable offense in the broad culture of the Roman Empire but gay men would be ridiculed as unmanly. It was definitely not considered a normal human condition.

Last edited:
it also says they are a republic,,

just because someone claims something doesnt mean they are,, which is my point with uganda,,,

and also why I and others are constantly correcting people that say we are a democracy,,,
Yes. Just because they claim they’re a republic doesn’t mean they’re a republic.

They’re a dictatorship. Everyone knows that.

Uganda is an actual republic. Their government is run by elected representatives. That’s a republic.

Yes. Just because they claim they’re a republic doesn’t mean they’re a republic.

They’re a dictatorship. Everyone knows that.

Uganda is an actual republic. Their government is run by elected representatives. That’s a republic.
that part of it is a republic,,

do they have a constitution that protects minorities like we do??

Why are you not pushing for laws stoning people for committing adulatory since that is part of God's law?

Why are you not pushing for laws killing kids for disrespecting their parents since that is part of God's law?
Don't worry, many don't understand the Bible, so I can see what you asked. I was going to explain, but this link sets it out well -

Civil laws in the Bible
Many laws were given to allow the proper functioning of a physical nation. These national laws and punishments cannot be fully implemented or enforced outside of a nation under God’s control.

Since Christians are “not of the world” and its governments, and Jesus Christ said “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 17:14; 18:36), Christians do not seek to apply the letter of civil laws about tribal inheritances, temple taxes, punishments for crimes, etc. God has delegated civil authority to the governments of this world (Romans 13:1).

However, Christians do seek to understand the purpose and spirit of the civil laws of the Bible.

What Old Testament laws still apply?
Today the ceremonial and civil laws are no longer specifically applicable, because we do not have a nation ruled by God’s law and because the temple and sacrificial system no longer exist.

that part of it is a republic,,

do they have a constitution that protects minorities like we do??
Having a constitution that protects minorities isn’t what makes a country a republic.

We didn’t have a constitution that protected minorities when we were founded.

Having a constitution that protects minorities isn’t what makes a country a republic.

We didn’t have a constitution that protected minorities when we were founded.
it did protect them and led to the slaves being held by democrats to gain their freedom,,

Don't worry, many don't understand the Bible, so I can see what you asked. I was going to explain, but this link sets it out well -

Civil laws in the Bible
Many laws were given to allow the proper functioning of a physical nation. These national laws and punishments cannot be fully implemented or enforced outside of a nation under God’s control.

Since Christians are “not of the world” and its governments, and Jesus Christ said “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 17:14; 18:36), Christians do not seek to apply the letter of civil laws about tribal inheritances, temple taxes, punishments for crimes, etc. God has delegated civil authority to the governments of this world (Romans 13:1).

However, Christians do seek to understand the purpose and spirit of the civil laws of the Bible.

What Old Testament laws still apply?
Today the ceremonial and civil laws are no longer specifically applicable, because we do not have a nation ruled by God’s law and because the temple and sacrificial system no longer exist.

You should have addressed this to the OP and not me.

Forum List

Back