Teaching a balanced view of the Holocaust in Texas

Oh they would love my "alternative view", which would be the allied forces should have annexed Germany and given part to Poland, France and Belgium and have done with it all. No more Germany, no more Germans, and the world would have been better off. Why we even allowed them to have their nation back is a wonder to me to this day.

It really is vague. The terms are very flexible. How do you quantify "strive" ?
i used Webster’s

but before you get to Subsection 2, you must get through Subsection 1…and the Holocaust doesn’t get past that.

That’s why this entire story is fake news

I'd settle for how and why Hitler came to power but they could discuss how the muslims teach that the holocaust didn't happen and then show the kids the pictures of what happen allowing them to think. The article btw wasn't about the holocaust, it was about an inept racist teacher putting up books on racism not the holocaust so likely just some CRT bullshit. Now that the communists can't brainwash via one sided bullshit CRT even in the library, they are trying to say this is about the Holocaust doing through books in the classroom. It's crazy--your crazy. People are tried of the racist nonsense that you spew...
Let me ask you a question Turtleshit, is CRT taught in K-12 education?

State Sen Bryan Hughes is lying. Read the bill for yourself.
Heather Cox Richardson is a US historian specializing in the Reconstruction period following the Civil War; this is what she had to say about Texas SB 3:

October 16, 2021

"The Texas legislature passed another law that is going into effect in December. S.B. 3, known as the Critical Race Theory bill.

"It specifies what, exactly, social studies courses should teach to students.

"Those guidelines present a vision of how American citizens should perceive their nation..."

"Topics explicitly eliminated from the teaching standard are also instructive. Those things cut from the standards include: 'the history of Native Americans,” and “[founding] mothers and other founding persons.”

"Under 'commitment to free speech and civil discourse,' topics struck from the standards include 'the writings of…George Washington; Ona Judge (a woman Washington enslaved and who ran away); Thomas Jefferson, Sally Hemings (the enslaved woman Jefferson took as a sexual companion after the death of his wife, her half-sister),' and 'any other founding persons of the United States.'"

"The standards lost Frederick Douglass’s writings, the Fugitive Slave Acts of 1793 and 1850, the Indian Removal Act of 1830 that forced Indigenous Americans off their southeastern lands, and Thomas Jefferson’s letter to the Danbury Baptists defending the separation of church and state.

"The standards lost 'historical documents related to the civic accomplishments of marginalized populations' including documents related to the Chicano movement, women’s suffrage and equal rights, the civil rights movement, Indigenous rights, and the American labor movement."

Texas Republicans want to focus on individual acts of heroism like Washington crossing the Delaware or the "defense" of the Alamo instead of the collective efforts of millions of Americans "to determine their own fate and to elect a government that will enable them to do that."

Define the law for us.
I read it

Definitely anti 1619 Project and CRT

It does not prevent wacko lefty teachers from trashing the Founding Fathers but does hold them accountable for presenting the pro Founders side also

Which will be very hard to enforce

I think a better idea would have been mandating cameras in the classrooms

I read it

Definitely anti 1619 Project and CRT

It does not prevent wacko lefty teachers from trashing the Founding Fathers but does hold them accountable for presenting the pro Founders side also

Which will be very hard to enforce

I think a better idea would have been mandating cameras in the classrooms
Is CRT taught in K-12 education?

haha, sure I do. I practice it all day e'ery day. Cuz I is scary liberal. You should see my kingdom, it reaches far and wide.

"coercive authoritarian ideology"

Like, purging the "RINOs", which really just means GOPers 1) who don't think Trump is awesome, and 2) who don't the election was stolen. Oh, and 3) who actually say so out loud. Very important, that last part. Because most of the GOPers swinging from Trump's nutsack are guilty of 1) and 2). It's 3) that gets you called a horrible person by the always classless Ex-President and gets you primaried.
You do not practice liberalism. You are too stupid to understand what it is.

You are just a lockstep leftist who adopts the same opinions as the other lock step leftists you see.

For once words fail me.Right wing lunacy has seen all sorts of nonsense dragged into the classroom. For example trying to debunk Darwin. But this seems quite dangerous to me.

I wonder if its just boneheadism or if there is a more sinister movement behind this.
One guy says something and you pin it on half the nation? You debate like a child.

The proper term is monitoring what they are up to
You people are constantly complaining about the cancel culture, but promote state censorship and punishing dissent ones. I don't believe you do not understand how pathetic this looks.

Forum List

Back