Teacher accused of taping face mask on ‘humiliated’ 9-year-old student

This is not the way to make your point stick.

A “furious” Las Vegas mom is calling for the resignation of a substitute teacher who allegedly taped a face mask to her 9-year-old son after he forgot to wear it in class.

A “furious” Las Vegas mom is calling for the resignation of a substitute teacher who allegedly taped a face mask to her 9-year-old son after he forgot to wear it in class.

“He was very upset. He was crying. He was humiliated,” the anonymous parent told told local Fox outlet KVVU-TV of the incident, which occurred at Reedom Elementary School in Mountain’s Edge. Since July, the Clark County School District has required masks in schools, regardless of age or COVID-19 vaccination status.

The sticky situation reportedly began after the fourth-grader neglected to don his face cover after getting up to grab a drink of water.

However, instead of simply telling him to put it back on, the female teacher “pulled him up in front of the classroom” and “taped the mask across the top of his face,” the distraught mother claimed, adding that this caused the boy’s classmates to burst out laughing. The educator also reportedly slapped a second layer of adhesive to the top of the boy’s forehead.

Hear that? That is the drip, drip, drip, drip of the cup of pissed off filling up. There will be a big pay pay here and a "Teacher" without a job.

“He was very upset. He was crying. He was humiliated,” the anonymous parent told told local Fox outlet KVVU-TV of the incident, which occurred at Reedom Elementary School in Mountain’s Edge. Since July, the Clark County School District has required masks in schools, regardless of age or COVID-19 vaccination status.

The sticky situation reportedly began after the fourth-grader neglected to don his face cover after getting up to grab a drink of water.

However, instead of simply telling him to put it back on, the female teacher “pulled him up in front of the classroom” and “taped the mask across the top of his face,” the distraught mother claimed, adding that this caused the boy’s classmates to burst out laughing. The educator also reportedly slapped a second layer of adhesive to the top of the boy’s forehead.

Hear that? That is the drip, drip, drip, drip of the cup of pissed off filling up. There will be a big pay pay here and a "Teacher" without a job.
An anonymous parent told a fox outlet,

That's were I decided to not waste my time reading the West.

Honestly, you guys will believe anything.

An anonymous parent told a fox outlet,

That's were I decided to not waste my time reading the West.

Honestly, you guys will believe anything.

Who gives a shit what you do or don't believe. You just another biased, racist black who only believes what he wants. I detest you racist pigs.

Who gives a shit what you do or don't believe. You just another biased, racist black who only believes what he wants. I detest you racist pigs.

How kind of you to express so gentle understanding. The problem is I am not black.
I don't really care either what you believe but I do note every time I blow the cover on the Republican cheap shots, the brain dead arc up like petrol on a fire. Just like you did.

You hate every one who doesn't believe what you do. That's a republican DNA thIng. You can't help it. Its hereditary.

Why is it you pompous jerks believe every one should be intimidated by a bunch of rednecks with a born to rule attitude, should not be allowed on here?
That's the fascism you hope for. Get rid of the opposition. Shoot them if necessary. Destroy democracy. Sound familiar?

I can see all through that but you belch it every day as if you've discovered it.
You're creating an easy target by blasting the opposition with rubbish like that.
You're out of ammo son. You never had anything except for hate and anger at trump getting beaten.
Have another go. I love this.

How kind of you to express so gentle understanding. The problem is I am not black.
I don't really care either what you believe but I do note every time I blow the cover on the Republican cheap shots, the brain dead arc up like petrol on a fire. Just like you did.

You hate every one who doesn't believe what you do. That's a republican DNA thIng. You can't help it. Its hereditary.

Why is it you pompous jerks believe every one should be intimidated by a bunch of rednecks with a born to rule attitude, should not be allowed on here?
That's the fascism you hope for. Get rid of the opposition. Shoot them if necessary. Destroy democracy. Sound familiar?

I can see all through that but you belch it every day as if you've discovered it.
You're creating an easy target by blasting the opposition with rubbish like that.
You're out of ammo son. You never had anything except for hate and anger at trump getting beaten.
Have another go. I love this.

You're a moron kid, nothing more. You're a Dem but I am not a Pub. The teacher did it and has been suspended from that school. LOL, you go ahead and show where I've ever supported Rump......c'mon.....you can do it.....

Democrats REALLY want civil war...

You're a moron kid, nothing more. You're a Dem but I am not a Pub. The teacher did it and has been suspended from that school. LOL, you go ahead and show where I've ever supported Rump......c'mon.....you can do it.....

Youre a Republican and you know it. I can read you like a book.

My, my, we're overreacting a bit. It wasn't cool to embarrass the kid like that, but she didn't hurt him and probably he will manage to grow into a functional adult despite this horrible trauma. He wasn't the only one this had happened to, even that day, and it had been going on since school started, so he wasn't being singled out.

She shouldn't be subbing anymore though.

Parents that turn something like this into a mountain of drama are going to wind up with kids who don't have a clue how to accept consequences. How dare you punish my child by taping his mask to his face! Really? The mother filed a police report? Jeeeezus!

My, my, we're overreacting a bit. It wasn't cool to embarrass the kid like that, but she didn't hurt him and probably he will manage to grow into a functional adult despite this horrible trauma. He wasn't the only one this had happened to, even that day, and it had been going on since school started, so he wasn't being singled out.

She shouldn't be subbing anymore though.

Parents that turn something like this into a mountain of drama are going to wind up with kids who don't have a clue how to accept consequences. How dare you punish my child by taping his mask to his face! Really? The mother filed a police report? Jeeeezus!

Our schools are frankly a mess.

Teacher shouldn't have done this, obviously. However, the stuff we put up with in schools DAILY from children is unbelievable. Kids throwing things, punching, meltdowns, kicking. Running out of the school, etc, etc, etc. "Zero tolerance" for violence is gone--the violence is just trauma and nevermind if we traumatize or even physically hurt other children or staff.

If people knew how violent our schools were---well, maybe they wouldn't care. Who knows.

I blame Biden and Fauxi for creating this culture of Fascism, and also the parents for allowing this

Let me think: School marms.....lol...what a term We had Nuns at school. My Grad 1 and two teachers were fantastic!! Loved them. The grade 3/4 teacher was a bitch...she hated my guts because I was smarter than the Teacher pets (girls) who I really liked. Not THEIR fault!!! Grade six/seven teacher...FANTASTIC!!!!! Best Nun EVA!!!! Kept me in every afternoon to do my homework!!! Then she'd check it.

High School; Christian Brothers and Males!! Mostly excellent except for a Principal who was a pig. He couldn't teach at all.

btw: My Senior Class of 26 (1974) 23 got through Uni and the other three became either Cops or a Senior Public Servant!!!

Greg

Now you're going to throw insults my way? I don't think there are many people on this board who are more conservative than I am. Typically, it is the bleeding heart liberals that believe their kids are too perfect to need discipline. Discipline, properly applied when needed, is not a bad thing. I suppose that you think two adolescents fighting should be expelled? I disagree, a couple of judiciously applied swats with no expulsion is much more effective--a teacher cannot teach if the student isn't there. Re: teachers applying the discipline--it was the principal with a witness in every case in my day.
The Prefects' job (one of) was to ensure FAIR fights where the winner was declared fairly early on. All boys' school. Wasn't an issue quite frankly. They did not happen often.

Greg

School marms think they are gods and goddesses..especially if tenured and a tenured teacher needs to end NOW.

They only do what they are allowed to do..which is pretty much poison your kids mind. Teaching from little house on the prairie days is gone forever. Now its all social shit, bullying and abuse by the ones that are supposed to TEACH math, proper english, science, homemaking, PE, history, etc. They are NOT the parents of those kids. They are the TEACHERS only.

They tried that shit on my son. Wanted to spank him. Sent a letter home saying they would use corporal punishment on all students if a situation warranted it. I sent back the letter unsigned but I did leave a message:

"Your job is to teach, It is MY job to punish. Touch one hair on my kids head or body, and I will come down there with friends and beat the ever loving shit out of who did it. Get it? Got it? Good."

They didn't touch him.
You're lucky you didn't end up arrested, served a restraining order, or both.

Forum List

Back