Teacher accused of taping face mask on ‘humiliated’ 9-year-old student

Things sure have changed. When I was a kid, all the catholic kids I knew talked about being beaten with rulers and made to kneel on their hands by the nuns. When I was in grade school (5th-6th), one of the kids had early facial hair and had grwn big sideburns. The gym teacher ordered him to cut them off but he never did so one day in gym class locker rom the teacher and a couple kids held him down and the teacher totally shaved ONE of his sideburns off! All the other kids laughed at him in class. He took it in stride.

The next day he came in with both sideburns shaved off and that was the end of it. The teacher was never fired and I heard no more about it from the school or the parents. The boy never grew the sideburns back and was a healthy, normal and popular kid.
The correct response to that is to remove every hair follicle on the teacher's body with a blowtorch.

That, or simply nail him to a tree and leave him there.

It occurs to me that as a kid, I never would have let a teacher assault and humiliate me like this, and if they tried to do that to my kid, he never would have sat for it and would have punched that stupid teacher right in the face.

I'd love to see the teacher try to report a kid for refusing to get taped up!
I know a few people-my wife topping the list-who might have killed the teacher. (That is NOT a figure of speech.)

My, my, we're overreacting a bit. It wasn't cool to embarrass the kid like that, but she didn't hurt him and probably he will manage to grow into a functional adult despite this horrible trauma. He wasn't the only one this had happened to, even that day, and it had been going on since school started, so he wasn't being singled out.

She shouldn't be subbing anymore though.

Parents that turn something like this into a mountain of drama are going to wind up with kids who don't have a clue how to accept consequences. How dare you punish my child by taping his mask to his face! Really? The mother filed a police report? Jeeeezus!
I agree: it would have been MUCH better to simply hunt down the teacher and vivisect the bitch! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That teacher's talent is being wasted teaching school.

She would be doing a public service if she would tape a mask on Whoopi Goldberg's mug.

School marms think they are gods and goddesses..especially if tenured and a tenured teacher needs to end NOW.

They only do what they are allowed to do..which is pretty much poison your kids mind. Teaching from little house on the prairie days is gone forever. Now its all social shit, bullying and abuse by the ones that are supposed to TEACH math, proper english, science, homemaking, PE, history, etc. They are NOT the parents of those kids. They are the TEACHERS only.

They tried that shit on my son. Wanted to spank him. Sent a letter home saying they would use corporal punishment on all students if a situation warranted it. I sent back the letter unsigned but I did leave a message:

"Your job is to teach, It is MY job to punish. Touch one hair on my kids head or body, and I will come down there with friends and beat the ever loving shit out of who did it. Get it? Got it? Good."

They didn't touch him.
Sometimes that's what it takes.

I am also known to the teachers in my daughter's school. :p

I didn't wait for the notice though, we went in and had a nice little pre-emptive chat with the administrators, and then I went around and introduced myself to a few of the department heads.

Turns out they're good people and we're in a good area but we made the boundaries exceedingly clear anyway. Lawsuits would be the least of their problems if they laid a hand on my child.

The usage of children as political pawns has to stop. Like you, I pay these people to teach, not to infect my children with their bullshit morality.

We have all KINDS of stupidity from the left in particular these days, they have sitting US Congress critters trying to tell us that math is racist. Some of these people are dangerously insane!

Sometimes that's what it takes.

I am also known to the teachers in my daughter's school. :p

I didn't wait for the notice though, we went in and had a nice little pre-emptive chat with the administrators, and then I went around and introduced myself to a few of the department heads.

Turns out they're good people and we're in a good area but we made the boundaries exceedingly clear anyway. Lawsuits would be the least of their problems if they laid a hand on my child.

The usage of children as political pawns has to stop. Like you, I pay these people to teach, not to infect my children with their bullshit morality.

We have all KINDS of stupidity from the left in particular these days, they have sitting US Congress critters trying to tell us that math is racist. Some of these people are dangerously insane!

Congrats. What you are doing is running those good teachers right out of the profession. You won't like what replaces them, and then you will have to pay for private school.

Like that bullet hole in your foot?

This is not the way to make your point stick.

A “furious” Las Vegas mom is calling for the resignation of a substitute teacher who allegedly taped a face mask to her 9-year-old son after he forgot to wear it in class.

“He was very upset. He was crying. He was humiliated,” the anonymous parent told told local Fox outlet KVVU-TV of the incident, which occurred at Reedom Elementary School in Mountain’s Edge. Since July, the Clark County School District has required masks in schools, regardless of age or COVID-19 vaccination status.

The sticky situation reportedly began after the fourth-grader neglected to don his face cover after getting up to grab a drink of water.

However, instead of simply telling him to put it back on, the female teacher “pulled him up in front of the classroom” and “taped the mask across the top of his face,” the distraught mother claimed, adding that this caused the boy’s classmates to burst out laughing. The educator also reportedly slapped a second layer of adhesive to the top of the boy’s forehead.

Hear that? That is the drip, drip, drip, drip of the cup of pissed off filling up. There will be a big pay pay here and a "Teacher" without a job.
And the left try claiming that teachers are not really woke.

How often do you figure your sadistic psycho of a father went to rub one out after beating on you?

I never said my father beat me, asshole, not that there was anything wrong with that if it was appropriate at the time, which is not yours to judge. Keep your stupid asshole ignorant comments to yourself or your own family, moron. Obviously, they must have "rubbed one out" on your head one time too often.

My, my, we're overreacting a bit. It wasn't cool to embarrass the kid like that, but she didn't hurt him and probably he will manage to grow into a functional adult despite this horrible trauma. He wasn't the only one this had happened to, even that day, and it had been going on since school started, so he wasn't being singled out.

She shouldn't be subbing anymore though.

Parents that turn something like this into a mountain of drama are going to wind up with kids who don't have a clue how to accept consequences. How dare you punish my child by taping his mask to his face! Really? The mother filed a police report? Jeeeezus!
Physical and mental abuse is okay with you? Teachers should not be touching kids and humiliating kids, it is wrong and shows the teacher doesn't know the right tools on how to teach.

My teacher failed me in writing, and spelling because I was left handed, I was in fourth grade. She would come to my desk when she saw me writing with my left hand, she come over and in front of the whole class would take my paper and with a red marker write an F on my paper. After the first quarter report card, my mother asked why I was failing classes, I told her because I wrote left handed, she thought I was making the story up and went to my teacher to get to the bottom, when she found out it was true, she went to the administration and complained.

That teacher from then on made my life a living hell. I was glad to get out of 4th grade and I hate that bitch to this day. If there is a hell, I hope she is rotting there.

So spare me your BS about how it abuse and humiliation is no big deal. because to a kid what you think is nothing can be big to a kid.

Congrats. What you are doing is running those good teachers right out of the profession. You won't like what replaces them, and then you will have to pay for private school.

Like that bullet hole in your foot?
Hey, if they have to make a choice between the kids and their jobs, which way do you think they'll choose?

So far the leftist teachers have chosen their jobs.

And screwed the kids.

Would you be sorry to see teachers like that go?

Hey, if they have to make a choice between the kids and their jobs, which way do you think they'll choose?

So far the leftist teachers have chosen their jobs.

And screwed the kids.

Would you be sorry to see teachers like that go?

You need to make a choice here.

You're saying "Leftist teachers" chose their jobs or whatever, but the "good teachers" might choose the kids. Yeah? well, what might YOU do if you were making, say, 40K a year, barely making it and putting up with parents like you always questioning every thing they do, even though you have already acknowledged they are "good teachers"?

Although I adore my job to my baby toenail, in the face of any parent like you, to a teacher like I mentor making 35K a year, I would say GET. OUT.

It breaks my heart to say this because I am a born teacher. I adore it. I talk about it all the time.

But anyone making 35K a year who has already proven themselves to be a "good teacher" does not deserve this.

Forum List

Back