Tea Party Group Demand Textbooks Say Nice Things About Slave Owners

IF the Tea Party isn't racist, why do they want to "whitewash" history?

You are such a liar dude, They want the Full History taught and not just the Dumbed down Liberal Version that says Slave Owners were Evil Trash, and Indians were all Divine Peaceful Noble People that never killed a white man for any other reason other than Self Defense.

You are the one who wants to Wash History. Wash it of the full truth and present your Personal Vision of it. Hell Some people think it is Racists to even Point out that when White people went to Africa to get slaves, Most of the time they did not catch them themselves. They Bought them, From Other African Blacks!!!! But try pointing that out and you are just a racist who longs for the days of Slavery according to most Libs.

Charles, no matter how you want to change history, you cannot. And anybody that knows any history at all knows of the slave trade in Africa, understands the intertribal wars among the Native Americans.

Using those facts to excuse our own evils is hardly a defense that one can admire. We had slaves in this nation, and even after emancipation, treated our Americans with African heritage in a shameful manner. We took this nation from the Native Americans by force of arms, and then practiced genocide on them in many places. You cannot change either fact, and the sad excuses you are presenting is reminiscent of the the thief that claims "Well, everybody else is doing it".

heyheyhey lord grey owl fuck off

we took and raided other tribes on a weekly mother trucking basis.

we took slaves all the fucking time.

now black on black was a reality. don't fucking snow me.

"It was the deal at the time. "

I could care less. It should be simply taught as a TERRIBLE time and a bunch of STUPID people (including those founding fathers who owned them) thought it was OK. Know what? It wasnt. So teach it that way. To heck with the south and what they thought. They were wrong in every sense of defending slavery.

So what the fuck are you doing about muslim slavery in africa today bucko?

What are you doing?

You know what I do? I fucking fight it daily. Did you even fucking know about the slave trade that continues daily in Africa.

Muslims trade men and women daily.

Every fucking day.

So come at me kid. What do you do about the current slave trade in Africa? I'm a major player punk.

What do you do daily? I can't wait to hear your response.

How are you involved, Tiny?

"The Truth was less than 20% ever Owned a slave, and The Vast Majority of Slave Owners did in fact treat their Slaves well. "

I dont care if they treated them well. Slavery in every sense is wrong, was always WRONG, and CANNOT be defended. Thats the way any intelligent textbook would discuss it. Anything else is utter stupidity. You cannot OWN another person. That is plain SICK and TWISTED and I have ZERO respect for ANY person who ever thought it was even marginally OK.

OMG ok I give up, You fuckers have 0 Reading Comprehension. I have not once Defended Slavery, I have simply said they are not tying to Defend Slavery, they are trying to put it into Context. You Simply can not understand slavery unless you understand it in the Context of the times. Which is whats in the current curriculum.

People Hear Slavery and they think OMG how could a person do that, But they forget that Millions of White people were also "Born" Into the System. Raised to think it was just Normal, Some of them Inherited Salves, Some of them Freed their slaves as soon as they did. Even in the South before the war people debated and Fought over the Issue of Slavery. It is not as Black and white as you people want show it all.

So far in the OP link I see only Speculation and Accusations as to what they actually want Taught. If they really were trying to have it taught that slavery was like good or Good for the Slaves, I would not support it. But somehow coming for Huffpuff I have a hard time believing any of it with out some actual Proof.

"The Truth was less than 20% ever Owned a slave, and The Vast Majority of Slave Owners did in fact treat their Slaves well. "

I dont care if they treated them well. Slavery in every sense is wrong, was always WRONG, and CANNOT be defended. Thats the way any intelligent textbook would discuss it. Anything else is utter stupidity. You cannot OWN another person. That is plain SICK and TWISTED and I have ZERO respect for ANY person who ever thought it was even marginally OK.

First Nations considered it a right to own and have slaves. I am not arguing pro or con.

I am stating a fact.

First Nations considered it a right to own and have slaves. I am not arguing pro or con.

I am stating a fact.
I'm with you.

And Slavery exists still...in the Muslim world...:eusa_whistle:

Yes. There is so much historical evidence that EVERY slave owner was good to their slaves.

Where is this crap coming from. There is a reason that many African Americans have been bitter about this for generations.

It was all in their heads? PLEASE tell me that this isn't the direction that this country is going. Fortunately, it seems to be coming from the fringes.

It's not right when you take a quote and decimate it. It's not right at all to do that.

Not right at all.

Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Saying that some slave owners were decent to their slaves doesn't make the practice of slavery any less abhorrant or any less a blight on our history. It was wrong then and the justifications given for it were wrong.

Why do these teabaggers feel it's so important to do this?

Some child molesters give their victims candy and buy them nice presents!

"It was the deal at the time. "

I could care less. It should be simply taught as a TERRIBLE time and a bunch of STUPID people (including those founding fathers who owned them) thought it was OK. Know what? It wasnt. So teach it that way. To heck with the south and what they thought. They were wrong in every sense of defending slavery.

So what the fuck are you doing about muslim slavery in africa today bucko?

What are you doing?

You know what I do? I fucking fight it daily. Did you even fucking know about the slave trade that continues daily in Africa.

Muslims trade men and women daily.

Every fucking day.

So come at me kid. What do you do about the current slave trade in Africa? I'm a major player punk.

What do you do daily? I can't wait to hear your response.

How are you involved, Tiny?
:eusa_angel:

I actually make some good out there. I got involved in muslim women rights way back in the 90's. I really do truly rock. And I really care. They are my girls and I love them so. Been a bit side tracked with this honor killing trial we've got going on up here, but we sojourn on.

Last edited:
By Trymaine Lee

A little more than a year after the conservative-led state board of education in Texas approved massive changes to its school textbooks to put slavery in a more positive light, a group of Tea Party activists in Tennessee has renewed its push to whitewash school textbooks. The group is seeking to remove references to slavery and mentions of the country's founders being slave owners.

According to reports, Hal Rounds, the Fayette County attorney and spokesman for the group, said during a recent news conference that there has been "an awful lot of made-up criticism about, for instance, the founders intruding on the Indians or having slaves or being hypocrites in one way or another."

"The thing we need to focus on about the founders is that, given the social structure of their time, they were revolutionaries who brought liberty into a world where it hadn't existed, to everybody -- not all equally instantly -- and it was their progress that we need to look at," Rounds said, according to The Commercial Appeal.

During the news conference more than two dozen Tea Party activists handed out material that said, "Neglect and outright ill will have distorted the teaching of the history and character of the United States. We seek to compel the teaching of students in Tennessee the truth regarding the history of our nation and the nature of its government."

And that further teaching would also include that "the Constitution created a Republic, not a Democracy."

The group demanded, as they had in January of last year, that Tennessee lawmakers change state laws governing school curricula. The group called for textbook selection criteria to include: "No portrayal of minority experience in the history which actually occurred shall obscure the experience or contributions of the Founding Fathers, or the majority of citizens, including those who reached positions of leadership."

More: Tea Party Groups In Tennessee Demand Textbooks Overlook U.S. Founder's Slave-Owning History

Supporting Links:

Tennessee Tea Parties demand textbooks contain no mean things about Founding Fathers - Tea Parties - Salon.com

Tea parties issue demands to Tennessee legislators » The Commercial Appeal

There were plenty of nice slave owners...

People own pets - doesn't mean they beat them or abuse them....

"Ownership" is a legal term...

I wouldn't expect a progressive fuck to understand any of those ideas tho.....

By Trymaine Lee

A little more than a year after the conservative-led state board of education in Texas approved massive changes to its school textbooks to put slavery in a more positive light, a group of Tea Party activists in Tennessee has renewed its push to whitewash school textbooks. The group is seeking to remove references to slavery and mentions of the country's founders being slave owners.

According to reports, Hal Rounds, the Fayette County attorney and spokesman for the group, said during a recent news conference that there has been "an awful lot of made-up criticism about, for instance, the founders intruding on the Indians or having slaves or being hypocrites in one way or another."

"The thing we need to focus on about the founders is that, given the social structure of their time, they were revolutionaries who brought liberty into a world where it hadn't existed, to everybody -- not all equally instantly -- and it was their progress that we need to look at," Rounds said, according to The Commercial Appeal.

During the news conference more than two dozen Tea Party activists handed out material that said, "Neglect and outright ill will have distorted the teaching of the history and character of the United States. We seek to compel the teaching of students in Tennessee the truth regarding the history of our nation and the nature of its government."

And that further teaching would also include that "the Constitution created a Republic, not a Democracy."

The group demanded, as they had in January of last year, that Tennessee lawmakers change state laws governing school curricula. The group called for textbook selection criteria to include: "No portrayal of minority experience in the history which actually occurred shall obscure the experience or contributions of the Founding Fathers, or the majority of citizens, including those who reached positions of leadership."

More: Tea Party Groups In Tennessee Demand Textbooks Overlook U.S. Founder's Slave-Owning History

Supporting Links:

Tennessee Tea Parties demand textbooks contain no mean things about Founding Fathers - Tea Parties - Salon.com

"Ownership" is a legal term...

I wouldn't expect a progressive fuck to understand any of those ideas tho.....

I really think that you are capable of debating without being crude. Not everything is black and white, ya know?

What part of dragged out of their own country, forced to lose their family and forced into a situation where they are nothing more than a piece of property that works for nothing to make a white man richer is the "good part"?

As far as Native Americans... what part of a group of people coming in, taking over their traditional homeland, forcing them to worship a God they don't understand, and herding them to Oklahoma via the trail of tears is the "good Part"?

If we would have learned to assimilate with them and share knowledge and ideologies... you know... treat them as equals? You probably wouldn't be whining about how unfairly us white people are being treated in history books.

Perhaps you should do some research and stop believing what Liberal Class warfare Artists are telling you they want. They do not want, and are not asking, that Kids be taught slavery was "good"

Why the hell am I wasting my time with you clear Hyper Partisan Left wing Loons. The truth could smack you across the face and you would deny anything happened so you could twist it into proof anyone who is not a liberal is a Racists Pig.

So, what's the truth? That those Africans VOLUNTEERED to become slaves? That the Native Americans WANTED to Move to Oklahoma? Gimme a fucking break.

for the most part, those africans were sold into slavery by those other africans.

go figure, huh?

they were prolly republicans.

By Trymaine Lee

Supporting Links:

Black people aren't pets, nor were they pets. They are people, not chattel to be bought, sold and owned.

But I wouldn't expect reactionary fucks to understand that.

OMG ok I give up, You fuckers have 0 Reading Comprehension. I have not once Defended Slavery, I have simply said they are not tying to Defend Slavery, they are trying to put it into Context. You Simply can not understand slavery unless you understand it in the Context of the times. Which is whats in the current curriculum.

People Hear Slavery and they think OMG how could a person do that, But they forget that Millions of White people were also "Born" Into the System. Raised to think it was just Normal, Some of them Inherited Salves, Some of them Freed their slaves as soon as they did. Even in the South before the war people debated and Fought over the Issue of Slavery. It is not as Black and white as you people want show it all.

So far in the OP link I see only Speculation and Accusations as to what they actually want Taught. If they really were trying to have it taught that slavery was like good or Good for the Slaves, I would not support it. But somehow coming for Huffpuff I have a hard time believing any of it with out some actual Proof.

Oh boy.

Forum List

Back