TDS Is Being Defined Better And Better

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
TDS is simply a complete and total obsession to get Trump, no matter what. Nothing else matters. Not gas prices, prices you pay for groceries, not mass shootings, nothing. Take this example:

“I did not support Liz (Cheney) prior to all of this because she’s a very conservative Republican — she voted with Trump 93% of the time — but I do now,” Shelly Newman, 69, said as the goat-tail untying competition got underway in a dusty ring. Newman, a retired corporate training director, said she plans to sign up as a Republican to vote for her (Cheney) in the Aug. 16 primary.

So, we've got a TDS'r who's got the disease so badly she's willing to switch parties in the Wyoming primary in order to vote for Liz Cheney, who she knows voted with Trump 93% of the time, all just to get Trump. Nothing else matters.

TDS is simply a complete and total obsession to get Trump, no matter what. Nothing else matters. Not gas prices, prices you pay for groceries, not mass shootings, nothing. Take this example:

“I did not support Liz (Cheney) prior to all of this because she’s a very conservative Republican — she voted with Trump 93% of the time — but I do now,” Shelly Newman, 69, said as the goat-tail untying competition got underway in a dusty ring. Newman, a retired corporate training director, said she plans to sign up as a Republican to vote for her (Cheney) in the Aug. 16 primary.

So, we've got a TDS'r who's got the disease so badly she's willing to switch parties in the Wyoming primary in order to vote for Liz Cheney, who she knows voted with Trump 93% of the time, all just to get Trump. Nothing else matters.

So being willing to cross party lines in order to reward a politician for taking a principled stance. A stance that for Cheney is political suicide is a sign of TDS?

I have my own definition of TDS. I think it is deranged to still support a guy who literally took steps to try to circumvent the outcome of an election he lost. Up to and including expressing support for the notion of hanging his own vice-president.

The fact of the matter is that this is being accepted, excused, minimized, ignored, and whitewashed by nearly everyone on the right. The whole notion of America was founded on the idea that the people elect their leaders and yet you all seem to be happy that the leader of your party actively tried to prevent it.

So being willing to cross party lines in order to reward a politician for taking a principled stance. A stance that for Cheney is political suicide is a sign of TDS?

I have my own definition of TDS. I think it is deranged to still support a guy who literally took steps to try to circumvent the outcome of an election he lost. Up to and including expressing support for the notion of hanging his own vice-president.

The fact of the matter is that this is being accepted, excused, minimized, ignored, and whitewashed by nearly everyone on the right. The whole notion of America was founded on the idea that the people elect their leaders and yet you all seem to be happy that the leader of your party actively tried to prevent it.
TDS is a disease where you are completely and totally consumed with getting Trump, as you are willing to vote for someone who sides with Trump 93% of the time, just to get Trump. Gas prices don't matter. Grocery prices don't matter. Gun violence doesn't matter. Just get Trump, anyway, anyhow. Then Cheney wins and goes back to the House to vote with Republicans 93% of the time. But, we got Trump.

TDS is a disease where you are completely and totally consumed with getting Trump, as you are willing to vote for someone who sides with Trump 93% of the time, just to get Trump. Gas prices don't matter. Grocery prices don't matter. Gun violence doesn't matter. Just get Trump, anyway, anyhow.

There are two versions of TDS.

There is the completely and totally consumed with getting Trump.

And then there is the completely and totally consumed with defending Trump version.

Those people will attack and drive from the party someone that sides with Trump 93% of the time over a difference in opinion on the validity of election theft claims.

Both versions are ugly and both are equally dedicated to their side

Wyoming will elect a Republican no matter what she does, so it's completely rational for her to vote for a Republican she thinks is doing the right thing, taking attack on our democracy and Congrerss seriously.

...now lets talk about YOUR TDS. You are so obssesed and emotionally invested in Trump that you are willing to look the other way no matter how insane, selfish and deplorable his bahavior is.

Trump Dick Suckers support the fascist lying piece of shit, no matter what.
TDS, indeed.

Adoration for a flamboyant, hypersensitive, juvenile, obnoxious, hair sprayed, manicured, tan sprayed, philandering New York City billionaire, thinking that he's a Christian who gives two shits about them or anyone else.

Pretty amazing.

Last edited:

Trump is the head of the GOP and is running for president, he's fair game.

I don't know what's worse, the die hard Trump opposers or the die hard Trump supporters.

There are two versions of TDS.

There is the completely and totally consumed with getting Trump.

And then there is the completely and totally consumed with defending Trump version.

Those people will attack and drive from the party someone that sides with Trump 93% of the time over a difference in opinion on the validity of election theft claims.

Both versions are ugly and both are equally dedicated to their side
Well, in this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. One side is going out of their way to turn over any and every rock they can to find guilt while the other side hasn't been found guilty of anything. In fact, the Jan 6th hearing top guns are already saying that they will not refer Trump for any criminal charges.

Wyoming will elect a Republican no matter what she does, so it's completely rational for her to vote for a Republican she thinks is doing the right thing, taking attack on our democracy and Congrerss seriously.

...now lets talk about YOUR TDS. You are so obssesed and emotionally invested in Trump that you are willing to look the other way no matter how insane, selfish and deplorable his bahavior is.
So Cheney's right thing is voting with and along Trump 93% of the time? That's what this lady is voting for.

TDS is a disease where you are completely and totally consumed with getting Trump, as you are willing to vote for someone who sides with Trump 93% of the time, just to get Trump. Gas prices don't matter. Grocery prices don't matter. Gun violence doesn't matter. Just get Trump, anyway, anyhow. Then Cheney wins and goes back to the House to vote with Republicans 93% of the time. But, we got Trump.
Gas prices don't matter.
They do matter. On the other hand, I fail to see what this has to do with anything. Biden didn't cause the inflation, nor the war in Ukraine, nor was he in charge when first under Obama the FED printed oodles of money in order to keep the economy from tanking, or when under Trump they did the same to keep everybody fed when Covid hit.

The reasons for inflation are myriad, it has little to do with who sits in the White House.

Gun violence doesn't matter.
It does, that's why there are bypartisan talks going on to try to alleviate some of it.
TDS is a disease where you are completely and totally consumed with getting Trump, as you are willing to vote for someone who sides with Trump 93% of the time, just to get Trump.
Inflation is transitory, gun violence is a problem that happens in a country that has more guns than they do people and which has one party HIGHLY resistant in taking even the most basic common sense measures to have even a mordicum of precautions for gun violence.

However, if Democracy is cast aside by the public accepting a President not wanting to step down even when he loses an election, it will be very hard maybe even impossible to restore it. This means holding TRUMP accountable. Something you do not want to do. In fact unless I'm mistaking you would support him doing it a second time.

So Cheney's right thing is voting with and along Trump 93% of the time? That's what this lady is voting for.
I've just explained what the right thing was in the VERY POST YOU QUOTED.

The right thing AGAIN, was taking attack on our democracy and Congress seriously.

It is RATIONAL for this particular Democrat voter in WY to vote for Liz, instead of another Republican, who will vote with Trump 100% and look the other way while he destroys the very foundation of our country.

Last edited:
Well, in this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. One side is going out of their way to turn over any and every rock they can to find guilt while the other side hasn't been found guilty of anything.

Seems to me both sides are claiming the absolute guilt of the other side. Have you some how missed all the claims of election theft with not proof from Trump and those associated with him? Have they minced any words along the way?

Trump has not declared he is running. Therefore, he is NOT fair game.

Seems as long as he is doing rallies telling people the election was stolen he makes himself fair game.

Ok I'm clearly talking to someone who is not playing with a full deck..

The right thing AGAIN, was taking attack on our democracy and Congress seriously.

Read that until you understand those simple words, can sanely respond and make a coherent argument why you think this Democrat is not acting rationally.

They do matter. On the other hand, I fail to see what this has to do with anything. Biden didn't cause the inflation, nor the war in Ukraine, nor was he in charge when first under Obama the FED printed oodles of money in order to keep the economy from tanking, or when under Trump they did the same to keep everybody fed when Covid hit.

The reasons for inflation are myriad, it has little to do with who sits in the White House.

It does, that's why there are bypartisan talks going on to try to alleviate some of it.

Inflation is transitory, gun violence is a problem that happens in a country that has more guns than they do people and which has one party HIGHLY resistant in taking even the most basic common sense measures to have even a mordicum of precautions for gun violence.

However, if Democracy is cast aside by the public accepting a President not wanting to step down even when he loses an election, it will be very hard maybe even impossible to restore it. This means holding TRUMP accountable. Something you do not want to do. In fact unless I'm mistaking you would support him doing it a second time.
Biden and the left threw gasoline on the inflation fire.

I've just explained what the right thing was in the VERY POST YOU QUOTED.

It is RATIONAL for this particular Democrat voter in WY to vote for Liz, instead of another Republican, who will vote with Trump 100% and look the other way while he destroys the very foundation of our country.
Democrats are the ones who have been attacking our democracy.

Forum List

Back