Taxing The Rich

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
The Democrat plans to tax the rich are futile and ignorant. They sound good to the uneducated, but they don't work very well. When you raise tax rates or reduce deductions on the rich, their typical response is to divert more of their money into tax shelters where they pay less tax. They can afford tax lawyers and CPAs who find ways to reduce their taxes dramatically and it's all legal.

Donald Trump knows how. For several years at a time, he paid no income tax. I don't know all the shelters he used but I can guess. One would be accelerated depreciation on the buildings and furniture he owns. Another would be Net Loss Carryover. When you have a loss in one year, the IRS Code allows you to deduct that loss on the returns for following years. If the NLC is large enough, it can give you zero tax liability for 5 or 6 years. Even people of moderate income can use tax shelters. I have 2 of them.

If you don't try and target the rich, they will pay a fair share of taxes just like everybody else. If you target them with high tax rates, they run for tax shelters.

The Democrat plans to tax the rich are futile and ignorant. They sound good to the uneducated, but they don't work very well. When you raise tax rates or reduce deductions on the rich, their typical response is to divert more of their money into tax shelters where they pay less tax. They can afford tax lawyers and CPAs who find ways to reduce their taxes dramatically and it's all legal
Which sounds like another problem with capitalism; since those who write the laws are bought and paid for by a small minority of taxpayers who call themselves "owners" and "shareholders," we should expect parasites like Trump to exploit their legal free ride.

The Divine Right of Capital by Marjorie Kelly: A Summary

Republican plans to tax the poor instead are even more futile and ignorant. Who's got the money?

However, Republicans just love Biden's plans to cut S.S. and Medicare..

They all suck. Say it!

The Democrat plans to tax the rich are futile and ignorant. They sound good to the uneducated, but they don't work very well. When you raise tax rates or reduce deductions on the rich, their typical response is to divert more of their money into tax shelters where they pay less tax. They can afford tax lawyers and CPAs who find ways to reduce their taxes dramatically and it's all legal.

Donald Trump knows how. For several years at a time, he paid no income tax. I don't know all the shelters he used but I can guess. One would be accelerated depreciation on the buildings and furniture he owns. Another would be Net Loss Carryover. When you have a loss in one year, the IRS Code allows you to deduct that loss on the returns for following years. If the NLC is large enough, it can give you zero tax liability for 5 or 6 years. Even people of moderate income can use tax shelters. I have 2 of them.

If you don't try and target the rich, they will pay a fair share of taxes just like everybody else. If you target them with high tax rates, they run for tax shelters.

These Dem idiots never learned what Kennedy, Reagan and Trump learned. Cutting taxes puts more money into the economy and the Fed coffers than raising them ever did. They will never, ever learn that lesson.

Imbeciles is what they are.

Tax the billionaires big time. Or prevent them from buying government favors and protection. Or both.
Why should they pay a bigger chunk than we do?? They haven't done anything wrong and don't deserve to be penalized. Only a pirate or a gangster tries to rob the rich just because they have money.
You clearly don’t get it.

These Dem idiots never learned what Kennedy, Reagan and Trump learned. Cutting taxes puts more money into the economy and the Fed coffers than raising them ever did. They will never, ever learn that lesson.

Trickle down economics has never worked, but it does enrich the rich enormously.

Trickle down economics has never worked, but it does enrich the rich enormously.

Sure and those rich pay 60% of all Fed taxes payed while we have many in this country who pay no taxes at all.

The dems don’t understand economics or even math.
They think that the rich are somehow locked into staying in high tax areas. They think that their money can’t be moved into other countries.
They don’t realize that businesses can leave money overseas Instead of bringing it into the U.S. where it spends just as well there.
They don’t realize that businesses are not going to take a hit to the bottom line, they will just pass that hit onto higher prices for the consumer.

Sure and those rich pay 60% of all Fed taxes payed while we have many in this country who pay no taxes at all.
Correct. We have millions of Americans below the poverty line, millions more on Food Stamps and millions on welfare who pay no income tax.

Republican plans to tax the poor instead are even more futile and ignorant. Who's got the money?

They all suck. Say it!
Let me be very clear. I think Joe Biden is a despicable slimeball. I don't like anything he does.
But Trump is fine, right?
I am a Conservative Republican. I like DJT. DJT and I have much in common. We're both businessmen from back East. We were born 6 months apart. I understand him. Many of the things that make him angry make me mad, too.

Last edited:
The dems don’t understand economics or even math.
They think that the rich are somehow locked into staying in high tax areas. They think that their money can’t be moved into other countries.
They don’t realize that businesses can leave money overseas Instead of bringing it into the U.S. where it spends just as well there.
They don’t realize that businesses are not going to take a hit to the bottom line, they will just pass that hit onto higher prices for the consumer.
Corporate apologists, on the other hand..

They all suck. Say it!
Let me be very clear. I think Joe Biden is a despicable slimeball. I don't like anything he does.
But Trump is fine, right?
I am a Conservative Republican. I like DJT.
Well, you've been suckered then which is a shame. He's every bit the slimeball Joe Biden is.

Marxist democrat definition: Rich - someone who works full time and earns between $200,000 and $1,000,000 per year.

So a doctor earning $600K is rich, Matt Damon pulling in $70 million from a single movie is NOT rich. Mark Zuckerberg is NOT rich, but the small business owner down the street netting $400K a year IS.

The rich will be punished severely and stripped of their earnings by Xi's man Bai-Degn. People like Jeff Bezos who are NOT RICH have nothing to worry about from our PRC President.

Forum List

Back